PDA

View Full Version : Do You TIVO, What's on your DVR?

koØm
04-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I use a Pentium 4 computer with 5 TV inputs, 2 Off-The-Air HDTV tuners and, 3 cable tuners as my DVR, I use a program call 'Beyond TV" to manage my tuners and set up recordings up to two weeks in advance.

!. Game of Thrones (HBO)
2. The Mentalist (CBS)
3. Person of Interest (CBS)
4. Anything "UFC" automatically recorded.

K7SGJ
04-20-2013, 07:27 PM
I use a Pentium 4 computer with 5 TV inputs, 2 Off-The-Air HDTV tuners and, 3 cable tuners as my DVR, I use a program call 'Beyond TV" to manage my tuners and set up recordings up to two weeks in advance.

!. Game of Thrones (HBO)
2. The Mentalist (CBS)
3. Person of Interest (CBS)
4. Anything "UFC" automatically recorded.

Jesus, if I had that setup, I'd never record anything since I'd spend every waking hour just trying to program it. Just out of curiosity, does the clock blink 12:00?

PA5COR
04-21-2013, 02:29 AM
I have a steerable dish and about 5000 tv channels to chose from and 3000 radio channels in CD quality, why should i want to record something?.
I put that dish up 20 years back 50 east to 50 west, gets me most sats out there i want to see.
Except for some movies i mostly watch Discovery NGC DMax 9 german version of HGC) and some BBC, some European news channels as well some US based channels.

No Fox stuff, did that for a few months and that was enough.

n6hcm
04-21-2013, 04:55 AM
no, i do not tivo. i did once and realized that > 90% of what i recorded never got watched.

the only thing i record now is the graham norton show (which i record with the iplayer). i have to vpn out to the uk to do this, though. anything else i want to watch is generally available on demand.

K7SGJ
04-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I have a steerable dish and about 5000 tv channels to chose from and 3000 radio channels in CD quality, why should i want to record something?.
I put that dish up 20 years back 50 east to 50 west, gets me most sats out there i want to see.
Except for some movies i mostly watch Discovery NGC DMax 9 german version of HGC) and some BBC, some European news channels as well some US based channels.

Many years we had a 10 meter dish that we used all the time. We had to subscribe to watch anything other than FTA which wasn't bad. They droped the service, and so we got Dish a few years back, I took out the big one, which, in hind sight, was dumb. I wish I had kept it, too.

WØTKX
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Xfinity and Amazon Prime Subscriber. Lots of stuff to stream on demand.
Big Bang Theory, Fox (cartoons), Comedy Central and Adult Swim.

Currently been watching old Red Dwarf and Waiting for God episodes as well.

BBC comedy tickles my funny bone. Need to watch Graham Norton more. :agree:

koØm
04-23-2013, 09:18 AM

I record because I get into continuing series, the ones with the on going plots and character development, they grab your interst with the story line; If you miss an episode, you have to wait for the re-runs or hope to get it online (at a cost).

I like 'Judge Judy', "Common Sense" vs. Poor Critical Thinking skills; lessons given for free daily.
I record "Jeopady" game show; it helps me track my desent into dementia.
Then you got Ax-Men, Swamp People and, "Amish -(ROFLM-Motorfixing-AO)- "Mafia". These are all good for a laugh.

We get upwards of 1000 channels and programming and music from the cable plus internet; might utilize as much of it as possible, even when I'm not here to watch it when it is aired.

K7SGJ
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I record because I get into continuing series, the ones with the on going plots and character development, they grab your interst with the story line; If you miss an episode, you have to wait for the re-runs or hope to get it online (at a cost).

I like 'Judge Judy', "Common Sense" vs. Poor Critical Thinking skills; lessons given for free daily.
I record "Jeopady" game show; it helps me track my desent into dementia.
Then you got Ax-Men, Swamp People and, "Amish -(ROFLM-Motorfixing-AO)- "Mafia". These are all good for a laugh.

We get upwards of 1000 channels and programming and music from the cable plus internet; might utilize as much of it as possible, even when I'm not here to watch it when it is aired.

You can probably get a great deal direct from the OEM on 999 recorder units.

koØm
04-23-2013, 04:18 PM
You can probably get a great deal direct from the OEM on 999 recorder units.

Using two of the Hauppauge 1600's and one AverMedia 150 in a Windows Vista Ultimate machine.

http://www.hauppage.com/site/products/data_hvr1600.html