PDA

View Full Version : Google maps apparently shows body being dumped in the lake.

N2RJ
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Cor, have you seen this place?

Google maps link:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.376552+,+5.198303.&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS498US498&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

http://www.realradio.fm/articles/weird-news-104673/does-google-maps-show-dead-body-11195749/

W3WN
04-17-2013, 01:29 PM
We could not understand the location 52.376552 , 5.198303.Nuke that period at the end of the second set of coordinates. That's causing an error on loading.

Still too blurry to make out what that is. Looks like there's a person that dragged something to this platform, but what that is, I don't know.

K7SGJ
04-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Probably one of Carlo's wise guy friends.

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Looks like there is a woman on the dock. Beside her is another "blood"stain with indications a second object has already been disposed of. To the right of where the dock meets the land, looks like another person crouching (must've seen the satellite).

K7SGJ
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Looks like there is a woman on the dock. Beside her is another "blood"stain with indications a second object has already been disposed of. To the right of where the dock meets the land, looks like another person crouching (must've seen the satellite).

Taking a dump, perhaps? Or leaving one.

N2CHX
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM

How the heck do you get all that? I can see what looks like blood trails and someone standing on the dock with something lying on the dock in front of them, but I can't tell gender or if it's even a person lying there.

PA5COR
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Google removed the piccie.
Th redwood used for the pier will taint bloodred if wet, Looks like people were having a dip and laid on the wood, and ran to and from the land to the end footsteps mingling the water into a trail.

From what they posted you need some imagination to deduct a murder here, certainly bacause they are seldom here, lakes and other swimming places are quite busy all the time, and hiding body's at broad daylight isn't very clever...
It is in the Netherlands, looks iit iis a house near the lake with a landing stretching in the lake for swimming and tie up the boat.

N2CHX
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Google removed the piccie.
Th redwood used for the pier will taint bloodred if wet, Looks like people were having a dip and laid on the wood, and ran to and from the land to the end footsteps mingling the water into a trail.

From what they posted you need some imagination to deduct a murder here, certainly bacause they are seldom here, lakes and other swimming places are quite busy all the time, and hiding body's at broad daylight isn't very clever...
It is in the Netherlands, looks iit iis a house near the lake with a landing stretching in the lake for swimming and tie up the boat.

It's still there at my end. And yeah it does look it could be blood, but I was thinking it could very well just be muddy water.

N8YX
04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Red rum!

X-Rated
04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Murders are featured here in Google Maps. (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.376552+,+5.198303&hl=en&ll=31.513709,34.552195&spn=0.083562,0.154324&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.371738,79.013672&t=h&z=13&layer=c&cbll=31.513709,34.552195&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-23745116)

EDIT: Fixed.

N2RJ
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm sure it's not someone dumping a dead body, but it sure looks like it!

Google has also been caught on their own cameras killing deer.

Better tell Andrew Cuomo - "No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deeeeuuuhhh!!!!" All you need is Google street view.

http://www.streetviewfun.com/2009/google-streetview-kills-bambi/

WØTKX
04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
What I wanna know is who tilted off the sail-props on that windmill in Israel. :chin:

N2NH
04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Interesting. I was going to be snarky and say I saw a ducky, but there it is. Maybe someone drowned in the lake and a guy went in and after pulling the body out ran for help (trail off the dock). Seems to me that it could be water.

But then Google took it down... that's what's interesting.

NQ6U
04-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Probably one of Carlo's wise guy friends.

Jimmy Hoffa. That's all I'm sayin'. Capisce?

suddenseer
04-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought the only use for Google was watching nekkid people sunbathing. :shhh: Very educational.

WØTKX
04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Obviously it is for idiots with agendas. :roll:

OMG, was that against Rule #5? Meh, meh, meh.

N2NH
04-17-2013, 07:42 PM
I thought the only use for Google was watching nekkid people sunbathing. :shhh: Very educational.

Good idea. I think I might use that at the next PTA meeting. Use Google to teach about the birds and the bees... and why knee pads are an awesome invention.

K7SGJ
04-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Jimmy Hoffa. That's all I'm sayin'. Capisce?

Looked more like Jimmy the Lock.

N7YA
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
How boring am i? I use Google maps to look for abandoned airfields.

WØTKX
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
I used it recently to map out solar power projects at work...

https://maps.google.com/?ll=39.770568,-104.714529&spn=0.00173,0.002411&t=h&z=19

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Look up Talladega Superspeedway with that Google thingy.

N7YA
04-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Yep, just at first glance, it looks like a WWII training field of some kind. Am i right?

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Why yes, yes you are.

N7YA
04-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Im an airfield nut...i particularly like abandoned and converted ghosts of old air operations. I could tell that one by the triangular shape, overlapping runways at the end and the "panelled" pavement...just missing the frying pan ramps.

K7SGJ
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Im an airfield nut...i particularly like abandoned and converted ghosts of old air operations. I could tell that one by the triangular shape, overlapping runways at the end and the "panelled" pavement...just missing the frying pan ramps.

Yeah, me, too. We used to try to locate some of the old WW2 aux training fields that were a part of Luke Airbase. There are a shit load of them around these parts. 33.71n 112.42w; Beardsly Field

N7YA
04-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Thats an unusual triangulate, must be an area of varying headwinds that they want to take advantage of. Nellis is a triangualte as well...those old airfields look like the anarchy symbol, ironically enough.

N7YA
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I went out and found at least 3 old airfields in the region and snapped some shots.

This one is the old Boulder City airport, Bullock Field. It was built in 1934 and was a hub for the old TWA Trimotors and DC-3's, it was also a Navy training base...the hanger is the old Navy hanger and is one of two remaining buildings on the site.

This is Gomer street, just a typical neighborhood street like any other. But up until the 80's, it was a makeshift landing strip for a rebellious old pilot that lived in a house that is now gone too. It was listed...briefly...as Barton Field. Then the city took over and this kind of frontier freedom just doesnt happen anymore.

This is Southern NV Voc-Tech field. Its a Vocational Tech school/high school that used to have a flight school on campus. Therefore, it had an old field back in the 70's. When i moved to Vegas in 86, i remember looking up on top of a mesa in the south end of town and seeing an old airplane up there parked behind some buildings. It was a defunct Martin 404 that used to fly with an airline back in the 50's. It wasnt until i was flying back home from a gig out of town, i looked down and saw the VocTech school ball field, and noticed a yellow X at the end of its long dirt lot. I studied up on it and learned it was a field for the students. Well, it wasnt used very often at all. The 404 landed there, taxied to the end of the building and thats where it stayed until it was sold and carted away. A couple of small planes used it, the last one being a Moonie that crashed after takeoff (non fatal, but the guy jacked himself up pretty good. The plane was a loss) back in 1994. The FAA closed it and now its a parking lot, but the two X's remain, marking one of the more unusual fields in town.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm now thinking after seeing these neat photographs, Nevada is a wild place.Wild as in the offbeat nature of human activity sort of thing.I've been there 4 times in the Reno area......and i've vowed that one time in life I'd like to see what its like in the Las Vegas area.....one day i'd like to see for myself! :yes:

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Other than meeting up with Adam and his wife, just send me your money and save the jet lag. We'll all feel better. USD$, not Canadian. I accept PAYPAL.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Respect the Canadian dollar ...... it'll rule the world soon enough ;)

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Other than meeting up with Adam and his wife, just send me your money and save the jet lag. We'll all feel better. USD$, not Canadian. I accept PAYPAL.

....... besides ...... we're in the same time zone with Nevada..... need not worry about any jet lag:evil:

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
You got me there.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Now..... the thing I need to know is what does "FTM" mean in your signature line? ........ it has to be good!:mrgreen:

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 11:17 PM
I think it's some sort of Greek stuff that Napoleon used to say, before he invaded Guam.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:23 PM
I think it's some sort of Greek stuff that Napoleon used to say, before he invaded Guam.

Yup...... it looks Greek to me :mrgreen:

N7YA
04-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Respect the Canadian dollar ...... it'll rule the world soon enough ;)

:lol: I am so close to jumping ship and becoming a Canuck citizen anyway. I was practically born in your country, might as well be...care to sponsor a nice couple in their 40's??

K7SGJ
04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
No such thing as a nice couple in their 40s in LV.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
:lol: I am so close to jumping ship and becoming a Canuck citizen anyway. I was practically born in your country, might as well be...care to sponsor a nice couple in their 40's??

No problem......I'd put a good word in for ya Adam ;)

NA4BH
04-17-2013, 11:39 PM

That's exactly what the Guamonians said right before Napoleon invaded. God help us.

VE7DCW
04-17-2013, 11:41 PM

Ah...... Eddie, nice couples in their 40's would know where all the bodies were buried in Las Vegas! :lol:

N7YA
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM

Exactly!! Thats why we want the hell outta here!

N7YA
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
No problem......I'd put a good word in for ya Adam ;)

I appreciate it! My wife and i like to fish and im a hockey fan...in case you need to fill out some papers or something.

K7SGJ
04-18-2013, 12:02 AM
If you aren't even paper trained, I would have to keep you outside.

N7YA
04-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I use a littler box, its ok. Just know, i prefer the pine chips over the clay granules...much nicer scent.

NQ6U
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Gerry, I love BC and I'd move there in a minute if:

I could convince the XYL and
I thought they'd let me in.

But I'm borderline unemployable down here, I sincerely doubt Canada would allow me to immigrate.

VE7DCW
04-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Interestingly i've heard from a person who was a U.S. citizen and living in Washington state that moved to British Columbia,he stated it was " ..... like living in Washington,but twice as nice"

I take that at face value :mrgreen:

n2ize
04-18-2013, 05:30 AM

I am thinking of either heading up to Northern Alaska or Extreme Northwestern Canada in a few years.

N7YA
04-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Your spirit will thank you for it. :)

N2RJ
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Actually no! Google is involved in a lot of awesome stuff including self driving cars.

K7SGJ
04-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Actually no! Google is involved in a lot of awesome stuff including self driving cars.

That's going to really piss off............you know who.................

X-Rated
04-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Obviously it is for idiots with agendas. :roll:

OMG, was that against Rule #5? Meh, meh, meh.

No. There is no rule for bashing yourself on here.

NA4BH
04-18-2013, 11:26 AM
That's going to really piss off............you know who.................

You just had to go and poke the pig one more time.

NQ6U
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
You just had to go and poke the pig one more time.

Poking pigs ain't kosher.

VE7DCW
04-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Poking pigs ain't kosher.

..... said the muslim to one of his wives! (joking!! j/k :mrgreen: )

W3WN
04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Poking pigs ain't kosher.Don't go there, Your Holeyness.

W3WN
04-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Interesting. I was going to be snarky and say I saw a ducky, but there it is. Maybe someone drowned in the lake and a guy went in and after pulling the body out ran for help (trail off the dock). Seems to me that it could be water.

But then Google took it down... that's what's interesting.Snopes just had their say about it... http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/parkbody.asp

WØTKX
04-18-2013, 12:41 PM
No. There is no rule for bashing yourself on here.

Yea, sure.

Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel.

And a half!

WX7P
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Sarah took this pic back in 2003. It's the old Santa Rosa (CA) Air Center. You can see the new houses encroaching on the old runways.

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/CA/Airfields_CA_SantaRosa.html#santarosa

X-Rated
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Yea, sure.

Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel,Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel.

And a half!

Question. Have you tried sedatives?

PA5COR
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
There's no pill for that...;)

N7YA
04-18-2013, 07:07 PM

Sarah took this pic back in 2003. It's the old Santa Rosa (CA) Air Center. You can see the new houses encroaching on the old runways.

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/CA/Airfields_CA_SantaRosa.html#santarosa

I love that site. I am considering sending in my photos for them. Nice to see Sarah got on there...good pic too.

WX7P
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I love that site. I am considering sending in my photos for them. Nice to see Sarah got on there...good pic too.

One of my (now-deceased) ex-neighbors in Santa Rosa, W6JOX, was a B-25 pilot in WWII. He flew for the CHP (California Highway Patrol) and PGE (Pacific Gas and Electric, the utility-not the band). He flew out of the Santa Rosa Air Center a lot back in the day.

Chuck was a high honor roll RTTY op and a pilot almost into his 80's. When Sarah and I used sit on the porch in the afternoon, Chuck would always stop during his afternoon walk and we'd ask him questions about the war and flying in general. His wife died in 2000, so he didn't really have anyone to talk to, and he loved to tell his flying stories. We git lots of 411 about Sonoma County air traffic and history from our little chats. His flying stories were much more interesting than ham radio.

N7YA
04-19-2013, 04:43 AM
One of my (now-deceased) ex-neighbors in Santa Rosa, W6JOX, was a B-25 pilot in WWII. He flew for the CHP (California Highway Patrol) and PGE (Pacific Gas and Electric, the utility-not the band). He flew out of the Santa Rosa Air Center a lot back in the day.

Chuck was a high honor roll RTTY op and a pilot almost into his 80's. When Sarah and I used sit on the porch in the afternoon, Chuck would always stop during his afternoon walk and we'd ask him questions about the war and flying in general. His wife died in 2000, so he didn't really have anyone to talk to, and he loved to tell his flying stories. We git lots of 411 about Sonoma County air traffic and history from our little chats. His flying stories were much more interesting than ham radio.

I love talking to those old guys! Those are stories i can really sit and enjoy, it seems not enough people care these days. In general, our society seems to not give a shit about seniors in the states...its almost as if they are expected to die or get out of the way. These folks are living history, we need to take advantage of what they can tell us. I have old relics, some that are thousands of years old, but they are objects...these older people can actually tell us how it felt to be there. Im glad you got the chance, and more importantly, took the time to listen to this man talk. I wish i could have sat in on it too.

By the way, i sent the site owner, Paul Freeman, a bunch of photos...he tripped out, he said they were great and wants to put them up on the site tomorrow or the next day. Im stoked as i love that site...i guess i need to make a donation now. :lol:

N2NH
04-19-2013, 05:25 AM
Yea, sure.

And a half!

FTW! Gold in Obsessive Compulsive Hick-ups.