PDA

View Full Version : Pass the cheese.

WX7P
04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/slideshow/Most-Bizarre-Song-Covers-Ever-60164.php

I love the Shonen Knife version of "Top of the World" and Paul Anka doing Nirvana.

These clips are so bad, they're good.

kb2vxa
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Most are cornier than Iowa in August but some are good as to be expected, and some unexpected. Starting where I left off, somebody made a big (honey) boo boo calling Wild Thing something Bobby Kennedy did. I remember the original Kennedy parody album The First Family, it was on the album recorded by a JFK impersonator. Not so hard to do actually, I used to goof on it by quoting "And, ay, uh, the rubber schwaan is myne." in a thick New England accent. I'm Pepperidge Farm and I eh-yeh, remembah.

Oh yeah, Shonen Knife ROCKS! Some of you may remember Andy Griffin singing on the show, he was an accomplished musician. Not surprisingly he did an excellent Blues version of an old traditional ballad, House Of The Rising Sun. Devo robotized quite a few hit songs, yawn. Jim Nabors did an ALMOST operatic Stevie Wonder song? Let me clue you in, he sang opera! Of course UB40 did a reggae version of The Way You Do The Things You Do, what do you expect from a reggae band? Muhammad Ali missed his calling, great voice and an excellent Motown! I'll leave you with this thought, I should have heeded the "ear poison" warning and not gone to You Tube to hear Sympathy For The Devil. Like a good novel that never translated to the silver screen BS&T should NEVER have attempted to do it in their otherwise fine style. EEK!

Well, there's my condensed opinion of cheese, everything from singin' the Bleus to Russian Limburger (fat radio asshole) and with Shatner and Nimoy in there some is more Chester than cheesy and that's not easy... being cheesy. With that in mind, when I get around to it I'm going to see if I can find the better ones in high fidelity on Usenet... MUAHAHAHAHAAAaaa.

NQ6U
04-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I can't believe that Steve and Eydie's cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55rtXg0ZsLE) of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun wasn't included in that collection. It's got to rank right up near the top when it comes to wrongness.

kb2vxa
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
They never did ANYTHING good... BARF-O-MATIC! Well, there was white on white Pat Boone butchering Motown. Don't play that funky music white boy, all you do is drag it down!