PDA

View Full Version : The Zombies Made Me Do It.

N2NH
04-11-2013, 07:52 AM
A trucker brings this guy cross-country from Tennessee to California and what's his reward? This.

Officer Nate Baer said Hartline had been riding with truck driver Daniel Martinez since his trip started in Tennessee after being kicked out of his home. When Martinez stopped to fill out paperwork at an inspection site, he left Hartline alone in the truck, Baer said. Hartline then jumped behind the wheel of the truck, sped off and soon after crashed into several vehicles on the freeway, Baer said.
Hartline was apparently under the influence of a substance that caused him to hallucinate, Baer said.
"He thought zombies were chasing him and clinging to the truck," Baer said in an e-mail.
According to the highway patrol, Hartline lost control of the truck and first collided with a Toyota Tacoma. The Tacoma collided with a Toyota 4Runner, and it hit a Mercedes-Benz. Two people in the Tacoma and the driver of the 4Runner were taken to hospitals. The highway patrol said the occupants of the Tacoma were seriously injured.
Hartline continued driving...

The Zombies made him do it.

Cause of multiple collisions in California? Zombies, driver tells police. (http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/10/justice/california-driver-blames-zombies/index.html?hpt=hp_t5)

W3WN
04-11-2013, 08:30 AM
It's all George Romero's fault.

kb2vxa
04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
You've got to be kidding, this guy IS a zombie! Unfortunately truck driver Daniel Martinez left himself wide open to lawsuits as proximate cause by breaking two rules, allowing a passenger in a commercial vehicle and not taking the key with him when exiting the cab. This looks like one of those "I lost my job today" things too.

NQ6U
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
This looks like one of those "I lost my job today" things too.

Yep, unless he was an owner/operator.

N2CHX
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Yep, unless he was an owner/operator.

Hope he had good insurance.

n2ize
04-11-2013, 03:04 PM
He must have gotten hold of some really bad acid. Guess it gave him a bum trip man.

kb2vxa
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
"Hope he had good insurance."

He wouldn't collect a dime due to gross negligence.

"He must have gotten hold of some really bad acid."

The acid if it was acid has nothing to do with it. As Timothy Leary the godfather of trips said "You only get out of it what you bring into it." The same holds true with all psychoactive drugs, even alcohol, they don't add anything but rather bring out what's inside to begin with. Yeah, he had a bummer because the zombies were inside waiting to get out.

N2NH
04-11-2013, 04:04 PM
"Hope he had good insurance."

He wouldn't collect a dime due to gross negligence.

"He must have gotten hold of some really bad acid."

The acid if it was acid has nothing to do with it. As Timothy Leary the godfather of trips said "You only get out of it what you bring into it." The same holds true with all psychoactive drugs, even alcohol, they don't add anything but rather bring out what's inside to begin with. Yeah, he had a bummer because the zombies were inside waiting to get out.

More likely synthetic designer drugs. There was one that your arms would fall off.

Things are different today,
I hear every mother say,
You can get this stuff at smoke shops everwhere...

According to an article I read in New York Magazine at least. (http://nymag.com/news/features/synthetic-drugs-2013-4/)

Could explain Zombies, and Jokers and Jerks with guns...

kb2vxa
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Mama told me not to come
She said, that ain't the way to have fun, son