PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2013 Jack Bogut Joke

W3WN
04-01-2013, 05:19 PM
And now, with the afternoon over with and the flying fickle finger of fate having written what must be written into the annals of sports history & moved on, it time once again for the annual telling of the Jack Bogut Memorial Joke:

Q: Why won't the Pirates be selling any bottled beer at PNC Park this year?

A: (All together now)

Because the Pirates Lost The Opener

* sigh *

Thank you, thank you very much, you're too kind. They're here through Thursday. Don't forget to tip your waitress. Try the veal!

XE1/N5AL
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Statistically speaking, Burnett's ten strike-outs and exploding rosin bag has got to count for something.

W3WN
04-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Statistically speaking, Burnett's ten strike-outs and exploding rosin bag has got to count for something.Yeah. An 0 - 1 record and an Earned Run Average of 4.76.

wa6mhz
04-03-2013, 09:42 AM
It COULD be worse! U COULD be a Padres Fan! Padres lost to Mets 11 to 2 Monday. Season is already OVER!

KK4AMI
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
It COULD be worse! U COULD be a Padres Fan! Padres lost to Mets 11 to 2 Monday. Season is already OVER!

Consider that the Padres sacrificed for the rest of us. It was good to see the Mets start the year one up on the Yankees.

Jack Bogut, "The Old Oaken Bogut" I haven't heard that name in years, er well not since the Pirates had a winning season.

XE1/N5AL
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Game #2, and your Pirates are now on a one game winning streak! Tomorrow will prove a best 2 out of 3 games against the Cubs.

K7SGJ
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Game #2, and your Pirates are now on a one game winning streak! Tomorrow will prove a best 2 out of 3 games against the Cubs.

Yea! One in a row.

NQ6U
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
As I predicted, the Padres are 0-2. They've scored a grand total of six runs while allowing eighteen. Looks like it's going to be a loooooong, painful season once again.

XE1/N5AL
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I watched the Tigers-Twins game today. It was rather uneventful and it looked like the Tigers were surely going to win -- until the last few exciting seconds of the game, when the Twin's Eduardo Escobar got up to bat! Final score: Twins: 3, Tigers: 2.

I also watched Atlanta handily beat the Phillies 9-2. Rookie Atlanta Brave's catcher Evan Gattis did well in his Major League debut. He hit an over-the-wall homer during his second time ever at bat in the Majors. Cooincidentally, this happened while Evan's father was being interviewed in front of the camera. Looks like the Braves got a good deal when they paid Evan Gattis his whopping $1,000 sign-on bonus.

W3WN
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Game #2, and your Pirates are now on a one game winning streak! Tomorrow will prove a best 2 out of 3 games against the Cubs.Yeah, the boss was pretty happy when I got home last night; I walked in the door just in time for the top of the 9th.

We miss Joel Hanrahan, even if he did give Little Miss Field Day an '8'... but he was showing signs at the end of last season that he may have peaked. I wish him nothing but the best in Boston, though, at least as long as he only blows games to the Yankees (which won't happen the way they're playing)... and all that said, Jason Grilli showed he was & is ready & able to step up and assume the role of Closer.

This afternoon's game will prove interesting. Will we say the J-Mac of the beginning of last year, or the end of last year? We're hoping for the former, but considering his spring training, the later wouldn't surprise me. I am more than half tempted to walk over at lunch time (the park is about a 10 minute walk from the shop)and catch an hour of the game; we'll see.