PDA

View Full Version : WPX Phone this weekend...More BITCHIN on the HORIZON !

KB3LIX
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
WPX Phone begins 0000z Saturday and runs until 2359z Sunday.
48 hours of NO Q's for the Weak & Clueless
I can hear the whining now !

I LOVE to hear THEM whine, bitch and complain !
It does a body good !

WX7P
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Good contest. Unfortunately, I'm going to CA tomorrow, so I'm going to miss it. It's easily my favorite contest.

Would have liked to work it from IL, as I have my SB-220 going.

K7SGJ
03-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh for Christ's sake. Not another fucking contest. There go the bands. Contests are not real ham radio. And I'm sure the cheaters will use the WARC bands and fake the log books. And use 5 KW, and, and, and.....I forgot the rest of it. Let me check with Burt and Chuckles, and I'll get back to ya. Ahhh, the perfect time to check out MY radios and see how well they and MY antennas are doing.

WX7P
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh for Christ's sake. Not another fucking contest. There go the bands. Contests are not real ham radio. And I'm sure the cheaters will use the WARC bands and fake the log books. And use 5 KW, and, and, and.....I forgot the rest of it. Let me check with Burt and Chuckles, and I'll get back to ya. Ahhh, the perfect time to check out MY radios and see how well they and MY antennas are doing.

Yo, Desert Rat.

They'd LOVE you on this contest with the K7 call and all.

Seriously, you are correct. That's why I love contests. To see how my antennas are radiating and to where.

N8YX
03-27-2013, 05:19 PM
I'll be fixing test equipment, changing oil in the cars, bicycling and getting dragged to a beer drinking...errr, Easter dinner so I probably won't get to play as much as I want.

W3WN
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Friday night I have to spend at church listening to my wife & daughter sing with the choir (Jessie has a solo). Well, that's what I get for marrying a shiksa.

Saturday morning is the monthly club breakfast.

Sunday morning... well, I'm going to try and sleep in, at least. They'll be at church. But Sunday afternoon? The Pittsburgh Pathetics Pirates have an open-to-the-public practice; of COURSE we're going to be there. Followed by the traditional family kvetch session Easter dinner.

I guess that leaves me a few hours on Saturday. Better than nothing.

PA5COR
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Just worked D44AC just before the start, 5/9+ on 40.
No bitching from me here signals into the USA were booming too.

KC9ECI
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Funny thing, but I just spent the last hour or so on 20M working JT65 QSO's and I didn't even realize there was a contest on. At least not until I gave the VFO a turn up the band. Still didn't bother me. Might jump in and play for a bit in the morning.

N8YX
03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
It's hopping here at the moment. I'm not working anything, tho - bike ride kicked my butt and I just want to crawl in bed.

KC9ECI
03-30-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm in the shack. I should turn on the radio, and I might yet, but at the moment I'm just enjoying the warmer temps provided by the space heater and listening to some music.

NM5TF
03-31-2013, 04:27 PM
this morning the bands were wide open, at least on 40M...worked 3 different Russian
stations and even BY5CD South of Shanghai, China....hardly ever get to work them as
I have a 10,800 ft mountain 3 miles to the East of me.....all barefoot with 100 watts...

this afternoon I worked ZL3IO while mobile with 25 watts.....

K7SGJ
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
this morning the bands were wide open, at least on 40M...worked 3 different Russian
stations and even BY5CD South of Shanghai, China....hardly ever get to work them as
I have a 10,800 ft mountain 3 miles to the East of me.....all barefoot with 100 watts...

this afternoon I worked ZL3IO while mobile with 25 watts.....

Ha! I say HA! I worked southern Cal by rubbing two sticks together.

NQ6U
03-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Ha! I say HA! I worked southern Cal by rubbing two sticks together.

Hah! I worked AZ by sparking a AA cell.

K7SGJ
03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Hah! I worked AZ by sparking a AA cell.

copied you 5 by 9 OM.