PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Paperwhite

KC2UGV
03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Wifey bought me my first e-reader. The Kindle Paperwhite. She bought it for me, because she caught me commandeering my son's Kindle. I've got to say, I love the e-ink screen, coupled with the touch screen... Been spending all night reading and drinking apfelwein :)

I played with the Nook Simple Touch, but this has it blown out of the water (Mainly, screen resolution). If you buy an e-reader now, this is the one to get, IMO.

NQ6U
03-16-2013, 09:52 PM
I've had one of those since X-mas and I love mine. The "experimental" web browser sucks eggs but it's the best I've found as far as a pure e-reader goes.

X-Rated
03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Marshall_Applewhite.jpg/220px-Marshall_Applewhite.jpg

Not sure if Apple will do one of those white page readers or not.

K7SGJ
03-16-2013, 10:43 PM
I gave one to my wife a couple of Christmas's ago, and she loves it. However, a few nights ago, it would reboot every time you turned it on. After nutzing around with it for awhile, I finally did a system reset, and it's been fine since. I had to re-register it and set it all up just like when it came outta the box, but in two years, that's been the only issue. I have a Kindle Fire, and it sucks out in the sunlight, but it is nice being able to go online with it. It really doesn't matter since I mainly use it at night to read books or watch movies when I can't sleep anyway.