PDA

View Full Version : Simpler Times Lager

al2n
03-15-2013, 09:12 PM
OK, I am getting hooked on Trader Joe's for cheap booze that tastes good.

Bought a 6 pack of Simpler Times Lager today, cost me $3.99.

Not a spectacular beer, but not fizzy horse piss either. Just a straight forward no frills beer that hits the spot. Nice hop note, but not overpowering. Just right for a hot spring afternoon. Temps here are getting up into the high 60's to low 70's, which is peak summer weather up north. Been away from warm temps for far too long.

I am going to have to add this one to the list of cheap beer and wine from TJ's.

K7SGJ
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
OK, I am getting hooked on Trader Joe's for cheap booze that tastes good.

Bought a 6 pack of Simpler Times Lager today, cost me $3.99.

Not a spectacular beer, but not fizzy horse piss either. Just a straight forward no frills beer that hits the spot. Nice hop note, but not overpowering. Just right for a hot spring afternoon. Temps here are getting up into the high 60's to low 70's, which is peak summer weather up north. Been away from warm temps for far too long.

I am going to have to add this one to the list of cheap beer and wine from TJ's.

I like shopping at Trader Joes, too. I don't drink any more, but they usually have some unusal spices for cooking, uncommon coffee and teas, and lots of other goodies. Temps in the 60s-70s? Damn, we almost hit 100 yesterday and today. You've got it easy. I can hardly wait to see what summer brings.

al2n
03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
I like shopping at Trader Joes, too. I don't drink any more, but they usually have some unusal spices for cooking, uncommon coffee and teas, and lots of other goodies. Temps in the 60s-70s? Damn, we almost hit 100 yesterday and today. You've got it easy. I can hardly wait to see what summer brings.

Come summer I am going to melt into a greasy spot in the yard. Have not been in temps above 75-80 in nearly 15 years. Gets into the 90-100 range mid to late summer around here.

K7SGJ
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I haven't been in that neck of the woods for many years, and don't recall if there is high humidity there or not. It seemed to me there was. I don't mind it when it's hot, but that 80+ percent humidity sucks.

NQ6U
03-15-2013, 09:49 PM
I haven't been in that neck of the woods for many years, and don't recall if there is high humidity there or not. It seemed to me there was. I don't mind it when it's hot, but that 80+ percent humidity sucks.

I used to live in that general vicinity. Humidity is not bad; he's only a few miles north of the Oregon/California state line so the weather is similar to CA.

KG4CGC
03-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Come summer I am going to melt into a greasy spot in the yard. Have not been in temps above 75-80 in nearly 15 years. Gets into the 90-100 range mid to late summer around here.

Guess February in the South must have felt warm in 2009. No wonder you were wearing shorts and tank top. We could tell you weren't getting much sun. The melanin had actually turned into achromasia. I am kidding of course because you weren't actually that pale.

Haven't been to Trader Joe's here but twice. It's on the other side of town but would make a nice stop for a field trip taken on scooter. There ya go! Idea! Find a basketcase scooter and build it back up. Maybe not a basketcase but they are in quite the supply in 7 land.
I have no clue what I'm talking about.

al2n
03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Guess February in the South must have felt warm in 2009. No wonder you were wearing shorts and tank top. We could tell you weren't getting much sun. The melanin had actually turned into achromasia. I am kidding of course because you weren't actually that pale.

Haven't been to Trader Joe's here but twice. It's on the other side of town but would make a nice stop for a field trip taken on scooter. There ya go! Idea! Find a basketcase scooter and build it back up. Maybe not a basketcase but they are in quite the supply in 7 land.
I have no clue what I'm talking about.

I have actually been thinking of getting a scooter. Would save a ton of gas going back and forth to work. I see used ones in the 500-800 dollar range around here.

Yeah, I was enjoying the summer weather back in 09. Everyone was bundling up and I was loving it. The desk clerk thought I was nuts when I asked why the pool was not open. 60 degrees is plenty warm enough for a swim. Been taking my time getting back into the auction biz since the move. I was set to take over the operation of the company I was working for in Anchorage. Boss was going to step back and let me take over and then sell the business to me in a year or two, but things change.