PDA

View Full Version : JTY is back in town

X-Rated
03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I had a blast last evening with Bill. He still has problems with his back and stuff, but we went out to a local brew-pub and had burgers and brew.

He is on his way out to the Philly burbs and took some time out on his way to stop in and say hi. He still is the same Bill who feels strong about his beliefs. But who doesn't feel strong about their beliefs? Many of us get our beliefs rattled because they are built on a foundation of shifting sand. Gotta find someone to blame for that.

He is really into wines. We talked for a while about wines and what are the qualities that make up a connoisseur. I am not a connoisseur.

We were able to show him some Chicago snowfall while he was here. There were flurries that would be blinding at moments and turn cleared lawns into white blankets in a matter of minutes. This morning the sun is shining on his journey further.

He always has a smile. He has been other places on the internet and has met some incredible people he has talked about from all walks of life.

Everyone is wanting to know if we talked guns. Yes, we even debated guns. The debate ended in smiles and we agreed that it is better to disagree with a principled person on an issue than to debate those who blindly follow the doctrine of others.

He liked seeing our sugar gliders. He loves animals but doesn't have any so he does not have to find care for them when he travels.

I wish him well on his trip and hope we can see each other again someday soon. People I have met on here are truly amazing.

PA5COR
03-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Good to see you both had aa very good time meeting up together ;)

X-Rated
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Thank you. We did. He is a good man.

N2NH
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
That's good to hear. Hope Bill enjoys Philly. But I hear they only have Whine there.

WX7P
03-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Make sure you say "Hey" to Bill for me if you haven't done so already.

If things were different, I would have made another field trip up there...

KG4CGC
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Haven't talked to him since last year's 10m opening. It was like a direct intercom into Idaho.

X-Rated
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
I did tell Bill hi for you Janet.

ki4itv
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
tnx for the update. He doesn't say too much on facepalm anymore.

X-Rated
03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
He is always posting topics over there. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/45392_510753248992654_1421821508_n.jpg

He re-posted this a few seconds ago.