PDA

View Full Version : Ten Unexplained Scientific Phenomena.

N2NH
03-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Excellent short video. Interesting stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lls4R3pfizA

w0aew
03-09-2013, 07:25 AM
No. 11: In theory nothing can match the speed of light, yet no scientist can explain how that speed is matched *exactly* by the speed of dark. Baffling!

NQ6U
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I have a number of problems with that video. First off, while I don't know the explanation for the Kuiper Cliff (although I suspect it's just a normal result of the same gravitation that allowed the solar system to form), it's quite clear that there is no Planet X. The "Bloop" was most likely a man-made phenomena, probably some sort of military experiment. The "Fly-by Anomaly" is not "greater than anything predicted in known physics." If it were, how could NASA have been used it to speed spacecraft off to the outer planets? The irregularities in cosmic background radiation were surprising, but they when scientists re-evaluated the data, the realized it was consistent with the Big Bang theory. It was their assumption that it should be randomly distributed that was wrong.

While the missing antimatter thing is a good one, seeing how even an under-educated scientific dilettante like myself is able to debunk 40% of the information in the video, it makes me suspicious of the rest of it.

N2NH
03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I have a number of problems with that video. First off, while I don't know the explanation for the Kuiper Cliff (although I suspect it's just a normal result of the same gravitation that allowed the solar system to form), it's quite clear that there is no Planet X. The "Bloop" was most likely a man-made phenomena, probably some sort of military experiment. The "Fly-by Anomaly" is not "greater than anything predicted in known physics." If it were, how could NASA have been used it to speed spacecraft off to the outer planets? The irregularities in cosmic background radiation were surprising, but they when scientists re-evaluated the data, the realized it was consistent with the Big Bang theory. It was their assumption that it should be randomly distributed that was wrong.

While the missing antimatter thing is a good one, seeing how even an under-educated scientific dilettante like myself is able to debunk 40% of the information in the video, it makes me suspicious of the rest of it.

Their source is "New Scientist." (http://www.newscientist.com/) I suggest you post this to them. I'd imagine they'd appreciate it.

kb2vxa
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh no they wouldn't, consider the global warming hoax. When Old Scientists point out the true nature (the key word here is nature) of the New Scientists man made CO2 scare they're called denialists. That as if you don't know is a weasel word used by pseudoscientists looked upon as gods by politicians with a tax and credits trade money grab agenda as any Australian with a sharply increased electric bill can tell you. On this side of the antipode you may not know this is why Queen Julia and her Green Party friends are expected to get the boot in the upcoming elections.

Oh I expect our resident Contra RJ will have something to say as usual but as usual he will be ignored, common sense is not dead yet in an unwashed brain. (;->)

There is no Planet X, it's those Spaceballs with Mega Maid doing housekeeping in the Kuyper Belt. Suck! Suck! Suck!
The placebo effect has a much older name, faith healing.
The Bloop was simply an echo of the explosion that dislodged the giant squid from the bow of the Nautilus. Notice the school of squid in the video, bits of the giant regenerated like so many planarian worms.
The Nacebo Effect was first described by an Italian centuries ago who coined the phrase "you give me agida" because he couldn't pronounce angina.
The Lithium Problem has nothing to do with the Big Bang (the first gang bang of the known universe) and everything to do with every bored and restless school kid being doped up on lithium.
Like the man said, there is no such thing as a fly by anomaly or NASA couldn't use the slingshot effect to speed up spacecraft nor could Scotty use it to send the Enterprise back in time by exceeding the speed of light. No, warp drive folds time-space which is why it's called WARP drive.
There is no missing antimatter, no theory to date has said anything about the Big Bang creating matter and antimatter in equal amounts. The theory however describes when antimatter comes in contact with matter an equal amount will be converted to energy, a big bang if you will. So why then are so many antimatter torpedoes required to destroy a starship when one is sufficient to destroy a whole planet?
The Eocene hothouse is easily explained, the plane of the Earth's axis wasn't always as it is now and the poles have wandered all over the planet over the course of geologic time. Add continental drift and it's easy to see just why there have been wild climate changes that would knock the greenies on their ears if they ever open their eyes.
The axis of evil has nothing to do with cosmic background radiation, you might fool kids with that one but I clearly remember the original application. Maybe you do too, it was a popular catch phrase for the spread of Communism during the Cold War comparing the Allies vs. the Axis during WW2.
The last one got the biggest laugh of all, galaxies are NOT speeding to a point between Centaurus and Vela. The Red Shift proved long ago the universe is expanding outward and it was recently discovered the process is speeding up, there is no Big Crunch in the foreseeable future. Now here's the clincher, a side by side comparison of light flo and dark flo!

N2NH
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh no they wouldn't, consider the global warming hoax. When Old Scientists point out the true nature...

Keep this up and we're gonna make Dennis Rodman Envoy to New Joisey. :lol:

kb2vxa
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
EEK!