PDA

View Full Version : Not the way I wanted to take a day off of work...

KB3LAZ
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
So, we are on our way to work this afternoon and this kid runs a stop sign, smack. The car has seen better days. We are okay though, just a little sore. Had to go to the hospital and get checked out. Nothing broken, etc. Just a swollen knee. But I tell you, what a ride. Police reports, towing, insurance reports, talking to the garage, going to the hospital, then my family Dr, and finally the pharmacy.

The shit part is that we wont get a rental until Monday and the garage will have our car for 15 days. Bleh, what a drag. That will make the weekend rather drab.

KC2UGV
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
OH NOES! You have to spend a weekend... Alone... With your hot wife... :P

That being said, yeah, it does suck to be without wheels. You may not really need it, but it feels like a cramp on your mobility, losing the choice to drive/walk/etc.

KG4CGC
03-07-2013, 02:19 PM
It's sucks. Hope everyone is OK and that you are able to have everything squared away in a timely manner. Don't get me started on what would have happened in SC in that same scenario.

KB3LAZ
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
OH NOES! You have to spend a weekend... Alone... With your hot wife... :P

That being said, yeah, it does suck to be without wheels. You may not really need it, but it feels like a cramp on your mobility, losing the choice to drive/walk/etc.

Naw, being stuck at home does not bother me too much. My wife will go mad though. We live in a small city here, lucky for us. Something is always within walking distance. Though, need to do the weekly shopping. Guess that will be good for the legs as it will take two or three trips because we need more than we can carry in one shot.

KB3LAZ
03-07-2013, 02:29 PM
It's sucks. Hope everyone is OK and that you are able to have everything squared away in a timely manner. Don't get me started on what would have happened in SC in that same scenario.

Yea, we are all good. A bit sore but no real damage. The poor kid that hit us was a learner and was shaking like a leaf. He had a brand new car, a few days old. Its totaled. For as screwed up as the cars are, Im just happy that everyone walked away fine. The amusing part is that we ended up knowing the father. He is my student.

KG4CGC
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Yea, we are all good. A bit sore but no real damage. The poor kid that hit us was a learner and was shaking like a leaf. He had a brand new car, a few days old. Its totaled. For as screwed up as the cars are, Im just happy that everyone walked away fine. The amusing part is that we ended up knowing the father. He is my student.

Hey! Small city!

W7XF
03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Fleece the clown that blew the stop sign!!!!! Glad you're OK, Trav-a-licious!

K7SGJ
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear about the the wreck, Travis; but glad you all are all okay. Take it easy. You think you're sore today, wait till tomorrow. And don't sweat the wheels. It can be replaced, you can't. But, but, but, you're one of the undead. How the hell does that work? You're supposed to be able to regenerate your parts like a crab does his claw. Just don't grow a claw, or get crabs either. Glad you are okay, really.

W7XF
03-07-2013, 04:28 PM
<snip> You're supposed to be able to regenerate your parts like a crab does his claw. Just don't grow a claw, or get crabs either. <snip>

Isn't this the latest treatment for crabs:

:lol: :lol:

WX7P
03-07-2013, 04:37 PM
What are the tort laws there? (re: insurance etc...)

That collision would be worth some money here.

NA4BH
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Glad everyone is OK after "El Wrecko". That means "The Wreck" for those that aren't as well versed in Spanish as I am.

K7SGJ
03-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Glad everyone is OK after "El Wrecko". That means "The Wreck" for those that aren't as well versed in Spanish as I am.

Thank you El Whacko.

w0aew
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Naw, being stuck at home does not bother me too much. My wife will go mad though. We live in a small city here, lucky for us. Something is always within walking distance. Though, need to do the weekly shopping. Guess that will be good for the legs as it will take two or three trips because we need more than we can carry in one shot.

Eat the food at the grocery store as you walk the aisles. Keep yer wallet in yer pocket and waddle on home. If caught, regurgitate and run.

KB3LAZ
03-07-2013, 06:30 PM
What are the tort laws there? (re: insurance etc...)

That collision would be worth some money here.

I havent a clue.

K7SGJ
03-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Hell, I did even know you could get torts in Spain.

NA4BH
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
The apple ones are pretty good.

K7SGJ
03-07-2013, 06:52 PM
The apple ones are pretty good.

That's always been my favorite.

W3WN
03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
* phew * Glad you're OK Trav, that's the important thing. Cars can be replaced, people can't. (Weird Al Yankovic parody songs not withstanding)

And if anyone continues to give you a hard time about it... bite 'em. Which from you, as one of the walking undead, is serious.

NQ6U
03-07-2013, 09:09 PM

No, that's in correct. It should be La Wreka.

NA4BH
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
No, that's in correct. It should be La Wreka.

That is correct if a female was driving.

NA4BH
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
That's always been my favorite.

That's pretty saucy of you.

K7SGJ
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
That's pretty saucy of you.

Just trying to add a little spice to my life.

NA4BH
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Just trying to add a little spice to my life.

Watch out for that bird in your avatar, you could get pectin the head.

KB3LAZ
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Bleh. I hate taking the bus to work. I guess if that is my biggest worry, everything is going to be okay, lol.