PDA

View Full Version : Home ? or Factory ?

n2ize
03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
How many of you folks find that a day spent at home is more hectic than a day spent at work, or in a busy factory ? Those of you who identify with this know exactly what I mean,

WX7P
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Maybe when the daughter was younger, but certainly not now.

When I worked at the really big insurance company being home was far less hectic with all the stupid politics and game playing that was going on at work.

n2ize
03-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe when the daughter was younger, but certainly not now.

When I worked at the really big insurance company being home was far less hectic with all the stupid politics and game playing that was going on at work.

Consider yourself a lucky person. When I am at home I am constantly under the gun and I can rarely find time to breath much less get anything done. The computers just make matter worst :( . Work is a holiday compared to home,

WØTKX
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Just move, and give no forwarding address.

kf0rt
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Is "hectic" the criteria you really want to use?

Dunno... over the years, the home / work pendulum has swung both ways. Now that the wife and I have the house back to ourselves, the answer is easy: home is mo' betta' by a long shot. Work isn't so much hectic as chaotic. 20 bosses and one worker it feels like mostly. So many people to disappoint, so little time!

N2RJ
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I try not to work from home unless it's absolutely necessary. I have enough to deal with at the office and we have no work from home privileges.

n2ize
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
It's the technology that kills me at home. Constant requests for setting up email accounts, learning and teaching new software, endless questions about technology, from desktops, to laptops, to cell phones, to systems I don't even have experience with. etc. This is an extremely technology oriented household and I am the full time administrator, programmer, troubleshooter, teacher. I end up spending the bulk of my time trying to avoid and hide from the technology. It's slowly turning me into a part time luddite. :(

WX7P
03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
It's the technology that kills me at home. Constant requests for setting up email accounts, learning and teaching new software, endless questions about technology, from desktops, to laptops, to cell phones, to systems I don't even have experience with. etc. This is an extremely technology oriented household and I am the full time administrator, programmer, troubleshooter, teacher. I end up spending the bulk of my time trying to avoid and hide from the technology. It's slowly turning me into a part time luddite. :(

One Word. NO.

N2NH
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Just Curious, but how many people live in your home?

n2ize
03-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Just Curious, but how many people live in your home?

Anywhere between 3 and 6. My folks live downstairs and I rent the upper floors for myself. Sometimes my brother stays over, other times my nieces stay for the weekend while shuttling from school (college) to home. Occasionally I have guests from out of town occupy the guest rooms when they are in the New York area. Everyone gets wi-fi access when staying over.

WX7P
03-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Anywhere between 3 and 6. My folks live downstairs and I rent the upper floors for myself. Sometimes my brother stays over, other times my nieces stay for the weekend while shuttling from school (college) to home. Occasionally I have guests from out of town occupy the guest rooms when they are in the New York area. Everyone gets wi-fi access when staying over.

Good Grief, John. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

If we still lived in the Bay Area, my mother would call every five minutes over things like changing light bulbs, even though she was Phi Beta Kappa and can read a manual. It's hard to feel empathy for you living in a situation that contains many non-tech people.

Did you ever think your family members might be looking for attention?

n6hcm
03-07-2013, 01:50 AM

sure.where should I send the bill?