PDA

View Full Version : Some Yaesu "Radio Riggs" for sale

N8YX
02-16-2013, 01:24 PM
(Blatantly stealing Pat's thread title for the sake of the tune-n-peak crowd)

The rest of my Yaesu FT901s, accessories and parts are going up for sale. There are two complete stations - modules whose condition ranges from very good (a few minor rub marks, scrapes and the like) to excellent.

Included in each are the following, and all are fully operational:

FT-901DM
FV-901DM
FTV-901R (w/ 6, 2, 432 modules)
SP-901P (speaker w/ patch)
SP-901

AC transceiver cord, transverter interconnect cables, VFO interconnect cables. I will provide either an AC line cord or a DC cable for the FV-901s at buyer's request. Running them from a 12V supply ensures you won't lose any stored memories.

Both rigs have been updated per the FT-901 Survival Guide. Most significantly are the Rect A/C Board upgrades, conversion of the RF Board to a balanced mixer/JFET follower design (per the FT-902) and the Car board mixers were updated to a matched quad of 1N5711s - thus reducing ambient receiver noise.

One of the rigs has been converted with Euro-spec counter/XTAL/PLL assemblies and its WWV position was modded for 17M TRX. As delivered to EU, its "Aux" band position covers the (sshhh...top secret) segment below 10M but at the moment there's no crystal in the appropriate socket. That position can easily be modified to cover 12M if desired; I can provide a PDF of the procedure or assist you with it.

The other rig was modified to cover 30M (WWV position) and 12M (Aux spot). The displays of both rigs indicate actual frequency.

I'm looking for $1000 plus shipping for each station; buyer's choice on which rig and VFO cable option they want. An additional $25 gets you a ready-made FT-901DM/YO-901 interconnect cable (one available) which allows the operator to chain the transceiver, scope and transverter together for automatic T/R switching of each component.

Last up is a serviceman's special. This consists of a parts-only FT-902DM (w/ all knobs, VFO, good tubes/transformer, counter, memory unit, etc). It's missing the Filter, IF, XTAL, Carrier and NB boards - was operational prior to being cannibalized but the front panel is rough. Also included is a printer paper box of FT-90x related items: Two '901 counter assemblies, numerous chassis parts and plug-in boards...a brand-new DC power cord; NIB...PA cooling fan...new capacitors, resistors and other goodies needed to rebuild the Rect A/C boards and HV supplies. An FT-901 internal VFO. Miscellaneous switches, trimmer boards, preselector drive chain and related parts. Also included is a printed Yaesu FT-901 Service Manual - the genuine article.

Looking for $350 plus shipping for this lot.

Pick-ups are welcome should you happen to reside nearby or be in the area - and if anyone wants 'em, I'll send pictures of the equipment.