PDA

View Full Version : wi-fi "radios"--any you like?

n6hcm
02-15-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm especially interested in devices which also feature AM/FM tuners (because i do want it all!)

KC2UGV
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM
I am not sure if I've seen any with AM/FM tuners. FM, I think I saw one, and I know it's feasible (My phone has an FM tuner).

n6hcm
02-16-2013, 04:56 AM
more phones used to have fm tuners--i used to select on that feature. lately this has become a problem and it's not so commonly available anymore.

K7SGJ
02-16-2013, 05:26 PM
If you're talking about internet radios that are wifi enabled, I have a couple of the Livio radios I bought a couple of years ago. I've never had a problem with them, and really do like them. Although a little large, they really do perform. One I use to listen with earbuds at night when I can't sleep, and the other is hooked up to a LP FM Xmtr that I listen to when I'm running the tractor or working around the porperty. The only OTA FM I listen to anymore is NPR, usually on the weekends. As said above, I don't know that I've seen any with tuners, except for some of the newer home entertainment units that will do internet radio.