PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day

NA4BH
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
So what did/are you get/getting your significant other for Halloween Valentimes (sic) Day?

I got mine a new light fixture for the foyer. I got a bag of Reese's cups.

KG4CGC
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
I made this.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/223557_10151324259108473_154248757_n1_zps8f5159c9. jpg

NQ6U
02-14-2013, 02:31 AM
She got a new vacuum cleaner. I got a black eye.

KG4CGC
02-14-2013, 04:44 AM
She got a new vacuum cleaner. I got a black eye.

Hey, Carl. Go get a frame and print the graphic I made and give it to her. My gift to you, OM.

wa6mhz
02-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I PROMISED my good wife a Luxury meal at Santee PHO on Friday, since the ARC of El Cajon meeting is tonight, and I can't miss that! So we WERE going to go tomorrow (Friday) to make up for it. At about 3AM, I suddenly realized: "OH NO!!!! IT'S FRIDAY IN LENT!!!!" and we can't eat meat that day! PHO is a meat soup! So, it's either postpone it again, or go to Long John Silvers! LJS is not exactly a romantic Valentines Day restaurant, but they do have great fish. She COULD have Valentine's day dinner tonight if she wants to come to Del Taco with me.

W3WN
02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
The boss got a card and a bouquet of flowers.

Little Miss Field Day got a bouquet of roses (the boss prefers mixed flowers to roses) and a card.

I got scolded by the boss for giving LMFD a card, because the boss bought her a card that was supposed to be from both of us.

I got a card and a sugar-free chocolate bar. The card read "From my husband" because the boss pulled it from the "husbands" display, and someone had misfiled it --she thought it said "TO my husband." She's mortified. I told her not to worry about it.

My mom is getting a bouquet of flowers delivered & some chocolate covered pretzels. Mom, however, told me last night NOT to waste my money sending her anything... too late, the order went in days ago. She'll get over it.

And to top it off... in about 2 hours, I'm having my annual review at work. For 2012. Yup -- 13 months late.

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood...

KB3LAZ
02-14-2013, 09:20 AM
My wife hates flowers and does not much care for chocolate. I will be taking her out for dinner tonight. Also, I picked up a bottle of Cava.

NA4BH
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Hey, Carl. Go get a frame and print the graphic I made and give it to her. My gift to you, OM.

I thought you two were trying to keep this discreet.

NA4BH
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
The boss got a card and a bouquet of flowers.

Little Miss Field Day got a bouquet of roses (the boss prefers mixed flowers to roses) and a card.

I got scolded by the boss for giving LMFD a card, because the boss bought her a card that was supposed to be from both of us.

I got a card and a sugar-free chocolate bar. The card read "From my husband" because the boss pulled it from the "husbands" display, and someone had misfiled it --she thought it said "TO my husband." She's mortified. I told her not to worry about it.

My mom is getting a bouquet of flowers delivered & some chocolate covered pretzels. Mom, however, told me last night NOT to waste my money sending her anything... too late, the order went in days ago. She'll get over it.

And to top it off... in about 2 hours, I'm having my annual review at work. For 2012. Yup -- 13 months late.

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood...

It couldn't get any worse, could it? Oh wait, they're towing your car from the parking lot.

Good luck

KG4CGC
02-15-2013, 04:42 AM
I PROMISED my good wife a Luxury meal at Santee PHO on Friday, since the ARC of El Cajon meeting is tonight, and I can't miss that! So we WERE going to go tomorrow (Friday) to make up for it. At about 3AM, I suddenly realized: "OH NO!!!! IT'S FRIDAY IN LENT!!!!" and we can't eat meat that day! PHO is a meat soup! So, it's either postpone it again, or go to Long John Silvers! LJS is not exactly a romantic Valentines Day restaurant, but they do have great fish. She COULD have Valentine's day dinner tonight if she wants to come to Del Taco with me.

Don't they have PHO Phish?

W3WN
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
It couldn't get any worse, could it? Oh wait, they're towing your car from the parking lot.

Good luckTechnically, it's her car. (Title is still in her name only)

In all fairness, I should note that the evening had a happy ending. We hadn't made dinner reservations; Little Miss Field Day is in the cast for the High School play, they had a "full cast" rehersal scheduled, and we didn't know when she'd be done -- some of the cast would get early dismissals. Turned out that the "full cast" rehersal was cancelled (replaced by a "background dancers only" rehersal), so that was no longer an issue.

We went to a nice little Italian place about a mile from the house. No crowd, in & out, food was good. The boss even got a rose, courtesy of the management -- who got them from the new florist that just opened up in the strip mall & was advertising.

And... my mom got the flowers and was quite happy to arrive (I should have known her protest was pro forma). The boss gave me a "new" card, this one properly said "TO my husband". So all was well.

W3WN
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Don't they have PHO Phish?Tastes like chicken.

wa6mhz
02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Don't they have PHO Phish?
yeh but it tastes PHISHY

ka4dpo
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Pho Phish, is that like Swai??

My boss got flowers and a card, good enough to stay out of the doghouse.

kb2vxa
02-16-2013, 02:47 PM
It's good to stay out of the dog house especially when the transmitter is in operation.

W7XF
02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
My valentines day: Shitty.