PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Just Hate It When This Happens?

KG4CGC
02-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Fix it like this:

Click on Start > Run.

Type in as regedit and click on ok.
You will get a popup window as Registry.

Click on + sign at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Click on + sign at SYSTEM.

Click on + sign at CurrentControlSet.

Click on + sign at Control.

Click on Windows there.

Can you see ErrorMode key on the right side panel?

0X00000000(0)

Double click on ErrorMode and change the value data 2 and click on ok.

Now, you have to restart the PC.

Happy Plinking!

NQ6U
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
I tried that on my MacBook Pro. It didn't work.

XE1/N5AL
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Windows machines are Exceptional.

N2CHX
02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Hmmm. For some reason that never happens to my Linux machines :snicker:

KG4CGC
02-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobody cares about Mac or Linux.

N2CHX
02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Nobody cares about Mac or Linux.

I do.

NQ6U
02-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I do.

Me too. All Mac and Linux here, I don't do Windows.

KG4CGC
02-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I bid you, "Good Day."
I SAID GOOD DAY!

N8YX
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
All OSes mentioned above have their place, just as sockets of all sizes belong in the toolbox.

I couldn't get by with using just a crescent wrench, and a datacenter cannot serve its customers efficiently with just one platform.

KG4CGC
02-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Some uninstalled software left behind a mark. I guess some software gets really butthurt when you give it the boot. If it's useless, then you can't use it. Why try to fudge up a person's registry? Too many little butthurts out there.

NQ6U
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Some uninstalled software left behind a mark. I guess some software gets really butthurt when you give it the boot. If it's useless, then you can't use it. Why try to fudge up a person's registry? Too many little butthurts out there.

Neither OS X (Unix) or Linux have a registry to get fudged up. Just sayin'.

N8YX
02-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Neither OS X (Unix) or Linux have a registry to get fudged up. Just sayin'.

But they do have a package database, along with configurable environment scripts/variables and so forth...

KG4CGC
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
You people, you know who you are, certainly do get overly defensive of your OS when your OS isn't even being discussed.
Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should have done a better job when you were little. Maybe I could have put down the newspaper and taken you kite flying or fishing. I'm sorry. I can't go back and change that now. I'm a Windows Conservative. You're a Linux Liberal. Let's work towards a solution moving forward. Neither of us has all the answers.

NQ6U
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
But they do have a package database, along with configurable environment scripts/variables and so forth...

Most of which are in the form of easily-edited text or .xml files.

N2CHX
02-12-2013, 07:05 PM
You people, you know who you are, certainly do get overly defensive of your OS when your OS isn't even being discussed.
Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should have done a better job when you were little. Maybe I could have put down the newspaper and taken you kite flying or fishing. I'm sorry. I can't go back and change that now. I'm a Windows Conservative. You're a Linux Liberal. Let's work towards a solution moving forward. Neither of us has all the answers.

I have no answers for you, sorry. I have zero interest in Windows. I love OpenSource. I just compiled a new version of audio streaming software that someone else started and I made changes to to suit my needs. You can't do that with Windows. My last holdout with Windows has been my audio server because I was spoiled by one piece of software that I had paid good money for, and now even that is obsolete so it's time to move on after five years.

I don't understand why Windows users even post questions about Windows, because so much money is shelled out for the O/S and software that goes with it that tech support should just be free. In my experience, even the tech support for Linux and Linux software is better than that you get for Windows and and its software in all its expensive glory. If I have a problem, the solution is almost always just a Google search away, because everyone who uses it has free access to everything so troubleshooting and fixing is usually pretty fast and relatively painless, whereas with paid-for software you're solely at the mercy of one or two vendors, who often leave their shit that you just paid good money for buggy until the next release, which you then pay good money for again, only to find that for every problem that was fixed, six more took its place.

I honestly and truly don't understand the love affair with Windows. I think you kinda touched on it, actually. It's like the Fox News of operating systems.

NQ6U
02-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Honestly, I'm not touting the superiority of any one OS, only pointing out that the Emperor (Windows) is wearing no clothes—something a large number of it's users have yet to notice.

KC2UGV
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Only once have I come across a compromised package system, and that was because they yahoo before me did a force install of a broken package.

N2CHX
02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Only once have I come across a compromised package system, and that was because they yahoo before me did a force install of a broken package.

Easy to fix too.

KC2UGV
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Easy to fix too.

This one wasn't. Then again, it was RH9, not the new fangled package managers, like yum or apt.

N2CHX
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
This one wasn't. Then again, it was RH9, not the new fangled package managers, like yum or apt.

I'm working with one flavor right now that doesn't even have a package manager. Download source and compile it.

KG4CGC
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Maybe there is a misunderstanding going on on this page. I posted an error message and what you needed to do to fix it.
I wasn't asking anyone any questions about anything.

Hmmm. Windows Envy Syndrome?

KC2UGV
02-12-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm working with one flavor right now that doesn't even have a package manager. Download source and compile it.

Dettux?

NQ6U
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Hmmm. Windows Envy Syndrome?

:roll: :nuts:

NA4BH
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Whinney Bitch Syndrome

N2CHX
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Dettux?

Elemental.