PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE know OUTLOOK??

K8YS
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Outlook 2007, I had a hard drive crash, I restored the drive, restored Office/Outlook, restored the .pst file which returned the inbound email rules, directories and saved email. What I cannot find are my email address identities. Any idea where they live??

KC2UGV
02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Outlook 2007, I had a hard drive crash, I restored the drive, restored Office/Outlook, restored the .pst file which returned the inbound email rules, directories and saved email. What I cannot find are my email address identities. Any idea where they live??

Do you mean the auto-complete addresses that show up as you type?

If so, you lost those.

If you mean the address book, that should be part of the PST file.

If you mean the account setup (To pull your email), then you have to set those back up in the File tab, and then "Accounts".

W3WN
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Also, look under C:\Documents and Settings\(user id)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

that's under XP, under Vista I think it's C:\Users\((etc))

Some of those are hidden folders.

And try C:\Documents and Settings\(user id)\Application Data\Identities\{hash code}\ for other hidden user-specific files.

N1LAF
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Outlook - Isn't that a Microsoft virus, or a petri dish for viruses?
I had to say it...

NQ6U
02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Outlook - Isn't that a Microsoft virus, or a petri dish for viruses?

Outlook is an abomination in the eyes of the LORD. In the afterlife, people who use Outlook will be punished by being relegated to eternal COBOL programming on a Timex-Sinclair.

N1LAF
02-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Outlook is an abomination in the eyes of the LORD. In the afterlife, people who use Outlook will be punished by being relegated to eternal COBOL programming on a Timex-Sinclair.

That is painful

NQ6U
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
That is painful

To make it worse, it will be a Timex-Sinclair with a worn-out membrane-type keyboard.

N1LAF
02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
To make it worse, it will be a Timex-Sinclair with a worn-out membrane-type keyboard.

Better yet, no backspace