PDA

View Full Version : disgusting behaviour

w2amr
02-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Dennis taught Toots how to do this. It's all fun and games untill somebody falls in.

KG4CGC
02-02-2013, 04:41 AM

KB3LAZ
02-02-2013, 05:07 AM
I have been trying to adopt a stray that looks just like that but it wont let me, yet. I live on the first floor while in the city and every morning there is a stray cat on my balcony, laying atop the breakfast table and taking in the sun. Why does she come back, well, I feed her ofc. :P Anyway, I can pet her but she will not come in the house. In all reality I would like to take her to our country house as she likes to roam the streets and the last thing I want to see is a kitty pancake. However, I guess trust will take time. In the meantime there will be food for her each day.

I assume that the cat was born on the street as it is not very trusting of people particularly the children around and it took nearly a month before she let me pet her. I thought we got a lot of strays in the country back home but I had never seen so many strays until moving to Alicante. There must be dozens on my street alone.

Like I said, I would like to (when the time is right) transplant the cat from here to our country home where it will have an easy life of food, play, and sleep. As well as having company everyday as in her elder years Pili's grandma lives there daily. Pili and I are at work during the late afternoon until midnight or so. Meaning the poor thing would be all alone here.

So, if ever the cat so chooses, it has a home.

I have always liked animals and have been known to take in many strays in my life but living in the city makes this harder.

BTW, what kind of cat is Toots? She/He is identical to not only the cat living on my balcony but most of the strays here. Mix of some sort....or?

w2amr
02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
I have been trying to adopt a stray that looks just like that but it wont let me, yet. I live on the first floor while in the city and every morning there is a stray cat on my balcony, laying atop the breakfast table and taking in the sun. Why does she come back, well, I feed her ofc. :P Anyway, I can pet her but she will not come in the house. In all reality I would like to take her to our country house as she likes to roam the streets and the last thing I want to see is a kitty pancake. However, I guess trust will take time. In the meantime there will be food for her each day.

I assume that the cat was born on the street as it is not very trusting of people particularly the children around and it took nearly a month before she let me pet her. I thought we got a lot of strays in the country back home but I had never seen so many strays until moving to Alicante. There must be dozens on my street alone.

Like I said, I would like to (when the time is right) transplant the cat from here to our country home where it will have an easy life of food, play, and sleep. As well as having company everyday as in her elder years Pili's grandma lives there daily. Pili and I are at work during the late afternoon until midnight or so. Meaning the poor thing would be all alone here.

So, if ever the cat so chooses, it has a home.

I have always liked animals and have been known to take in many strays in my life but living in the city makes this harder.

BTW, what kind of cat is Toots? She/He is identical to not only the cat living on my balcony but most of the strays here. Mix of some sort....or?
It takes time. A year ago Dennis was a feral that nobody could get near, now we can handle him like a house cat.
Toots is a Tortoiseshell or tortie. And SHE is a lady. As far as breed, I think Toots and Dennis are what they call domestic short hair cats. Which mean they are mutts.
There was a time when Toots would attack Dennis when ever she saw him, But now they are good buddies.

N2NH
02-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Beautiful Kitties. The British call mutt cats Moggies.

Funny to see a Cat doing Doggie Things. After she moved to my apartment in Brooklyn, my cat started circling like my dogs would before lying down. Never did it before that, so we figure something from them rubbed off. ;)

kb2vxa
02-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Toots the cat is a calico, I just don't know what this Toots is. Keep your eye on the toilet, sooner or later that one will do what mine did. They refused water in a bowl I put out and insisted on drinking from the toilet. One in a while one would take a header straight in and comically slipping and sliding with paws flailing in every direction they came out, did the kitty shimmy all over the floor, looked at me sheepishly and crawled off. Hold camera at the ready for that priceless shot. One was curious about me in the shower too, after a painful rather Psychoesque experience, from then on I shooed them out of the bathroom and closed the door. BTW, that one was a stray I rescued from a 3 day sleet storm but had to chase her all over the yard in that mess to do it.

w2amr
02-02-2013, 06:28 AM
We now keep the lid down, when not in use.

w2amr
02-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Beautiful Kitties. The British call mutt cats Moggies.

Funny to see a Cat doing Doggie Things. After she moved to my apartment in Brooklyn, my cat started circling like my dogs would before lying down. Never did it before that, so we figure something from them rubbed off. ;)
After having German shepherds around the house for 30 years, these cats have neen quite a change for us.

KG4CGC
02-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Nice job with the cats, George. They look happy.

wa6mhz
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
They had a device at the San Diego CAT SHOW last week where U can train your cat to use the POOT POOT seat instead of a litter box. IT starts out with some litter on the seat holder, and then after awhile, U take that piece out and the cat just squats and does what a cat has to do. HOWEVER, U wouldn't want the cat to use it as a drinking fountain if they learn to do this. Also, it is probably tough to teach the cat to FLUSH!

WX7P
02-02-2013, 11:35 AM
We've had a "lid down" policy for years here.

Damn, George. You have a way with cars AND animals. Your cats look so happy.

w2amr
02-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Nice job with the cats, George. They look happy.
Tnx Charles, they seem to be.

w2amr
02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
We've had a "lid down" policy for years here.

Damn, George. You have a way with cars AND animals. Your cats look so happy.
Probably because they have me so well trained.:mrgreen:

n6hcm
02-03-2013, 05:50 AM

all my cats do this. no dogs in the house. they typically only circle once, though ..

kb2vxa
02-03-2013, 06:45 AM
"We now keep the lid down, when not in use."

Tried that and they still refused the water bowl next to the food. After several days they started showing signs of dehydration so I relented.

w2amr
02-03-2013, 07:28 AM
"We now keep the lid down, when not in use."

Tried that and they still refused the water bowl next to the food. After several days they started showing signs of dehydration so I relented.
Wow, talk about hard headed.
I have a friend who has a cat that will only drink from the bathroom faucet. It sits on the edge of the sink, and yells untill she turns the water on.

WX7P
02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Wow, talk about hard headed.
I have a friend who has a cat that will only drink from the bathroom faucet. It sits on the edge of the sink, and yells untill she turns the water on.

Loaf, my avatar, would only drink water out of a coffee cup, and it had to be in a specific place in the kitchen.

w2amr
02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Loaf, my avatar, would only drink water out of a coffee cup, and it had to be in a specific place in the kitchen.
They really are quirky animals.

wa6mhz
02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
We have a bathtub faucet that has a perpetual drip. So much my wife keeps a bucket under the faucet to collect the water. The Pusses climb up on the tub and lick the water coming out of the faucet.

kb2vxa
02-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Quirky? More often than not downright screwy like a friend's Suzy, a pretty long hair calico who was nowhere to be seen until she bit an ankle and streaked away. She had another bad habit of chewing on things, lamp cords were her favorite until the day came I was there and she started in on one. He started to chase her away but I told him she'll learn, just watch. With nothing grounded nearby she wouldn't get electrocuted so we just waited and watched. Soon enough wires were exposed and it happened, they shorted together in her mouth with a loud bang. The noise along with a momentary flash of pain was quite enough, she never chewed anything again. That's the psychology the Delaware Indians used in the old days, curious children are attracted to the fire and stick their hands in it so parent's didn't snatch them away, once burned twice shy.

W5GA
02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Dennis taught Toots how to do this. It's all fun and games untill somebody falls in.

My outside, mouser type cats do this but use the horse trough instead. Never seen one fall in yet. Can't say the same for a couple of roosters, though.

kb2vxa
02-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Toilets aren't a problem, toilet paper is. One day I came home from work and found it all over the house and decided then and there to put the roll on so it comes off the back, problem solved. For a few days I found claw marks on it and two frustrated cats. A few days later that stopped, they gave up. These two look just like Mowser L (very vocal cat) and Little Face, mostly Face R.

w2amr
02-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Toilets aren't a problem, toilet paper is. One day I came home from work and found it all over the house and decided then and there to put the roll on so it comes off the back, problem solved. For a few days I found claw marks on it and two frustrated cats. A few days later that stopped, they gave up. These two look just like Mowser L (very vocal cat) and Little Face, mostly Face R.
Great shot. :clap: You always have to try to keep one step ahead of them. Dennis likes to use a chair in the living room as a scratching post, which will eventually get us both thrown out. When he comes in the house , I put a scratching post in front of the chair and he goes for that instead.

wa6mhz
02-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Phoebe did that too. She destroyed alotta rolls of TP before we had to put it out of her reach
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4006/4467197641_ccabb9929a_z.jpg?zz=1
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4053/4629227813_5f4c1540bf_z.jpg
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4031/4629828738_b55a621123_z.jpg

kb2vxa
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Essentially you have to kitty proof the house, an ongoing project until they stop finding things to mess up. At least they don't hate the Postal Service.

WØTKX
02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
AniMAAAAAAAAAAAIL Call!

kb2vxa
02-05-2013, 09:05 PM
That was my inspiration. (;->)