PDA

View Full Version : Not really a for sale but more of a what is it worth

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
I have a neighbor who has offered me a lot deal on some old equipment he had from when he had a commercial radio shop.
I just need a clue to what some of it is worth.
Techtronics 465 oscilloscope with cables.
Bird watt meter with multiple slugs (5 or 6)
Astron 25 amp power supply
Astron 35 amp power supply
About 20 mobile antennas for various bands
100 watt 2 meter amplifier.
Antenna accessories (diplexers Mounts)
Any one have a clue what some of this is worth?
He shot me a price for the lot and it sounds good but I want to make sure and convince the xyl that I am getting a bargain....LOL

KC9SQR
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Not sure what all that is worth, but I wish I had somethin like that fall into my lap lol

I could use a few of those items myself...
But with my luck, something like that would fall into my lap about now, when I'm flat broke hahaha

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
If I grab it up some will be going on the market. As my 2 meter radios are 100w or better I really dont need the amp. The power supplies are a different matter. I have a couple Maratracs i could use as base radios with them. The Bird watt meter, not an absolute need either. I am hoping that I can get enough for what I dont want to cover the rest...LOL

NQ6U
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
The Bird meter and slugs should get you $200-$250 on eBay, possibly a bit more. The Astron 35 goes for about $100.

KC9SQR
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
If I grab it up some will be going on the market. As my 2 meter radios are 100w or better I really dont need the amp. The power supplies are a different matter. I have a couple Maratracs i could use as base radios with them. The Bird watt meter, not an absolute need either. I am hoping that I can get enough for what I dont want to cover the rest...LOL

Right on.. Makes sense to recover some if not all of the cost of the lot by selling a few items :)
I'd be interested in that 2 meter amp, my 8800R provides most of what I need.. It would be kinda nice to have an amp in the mobile for my HT.. But finances aren't looking good right now unfortunately..
Some unexpected expenses came up recently and I'm not sure how long that'll take to recover from :(

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
That is good info as the bird meter and slugs could recoup half the asking price by itself....

wa6mhz
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
That TeK 465 scope is a really nice scope and useful for lots of applications. It is high frequency enough it will work in the RF region. I have one but the contacts are hosed up. There are newer, better scopes, but that is a nice compact package and they work great when they work.

Of course, KEEP the Astron supplies, and the 2M Power Amp. I can't see anything U would want to get rid of. All useful equipment

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
That TeK 465 scope is a really nice scope and useful for lots of applications. It is high frequency enough it will work in the RF region. I have one but the contacts are hosed up. There are newer, better scopes, but that is a nice compact package and they work great when they work.

Of course, KEEP the Astron supplies, and the 2M Power Amp. I can't see anything U would want to get rid of. All useful equipment

If my radios put out as much power as the amp, why would I need the amp? Lets see, The Astro Spectra in the van runs 110w so to dig up my htx 202 and hook up an amp just does not make sense to me...

KG4CGC
01-30-2013, 07:54 PM
If my radios put out as much power as the amp, why would I need the amp? Lets see, The Astro Spectra in the van runs 110w so to dig up my htx 202 and hook up an amp just does not make sense to me...

Because he didn't read that part. I've been seeing this a lot in the last couple of months from several sources in many places.

hamguy
01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
I wish I could afford that 465!
-gary

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
From the sound of it I might have hit the Jackpot? I will have to go ahead through with it then.

KC2UGV
01-30-2013, 08:43 PM

Remember: You're talking to someone who hoards radios, and then complains about eating nothing but ramen noodles, and weighs a deuce and a half (Minimum)...

kb2crk
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Remember: You're talking to someone who hoards radios, and then complains about eating nothing but ramen noodles, and weighs a deuce and a half (Minimum)...

True but I cant say much about a deuce and a half when I am a deuce and 3/4s

KA9MOT
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Remember: You're talking to someone who hoards radios, and then complains about eating nothing but ramen noodles...

Then buys a mega thousand dollar radio and brags about the freakin' thing for months....Like a new bride with a 2 hundred pound diamond wedding ring.

I sold my TEK 465 for $125 if I remember correctly at the Peoria Superfest last September. When I inquired about price online before hand I was told $75 - $100 by several people, so I figure I came out ahead.

KC2UGV
01-31-2013, 07:46 AM
True but I cant say much about a deuce and a half when I am a deuce and 3/4s

But, you're not saying all you get to eat is ramen noodles :)

W3WN
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
The Astron 20 will go for $40 - 50 or more at a hamfest, depending on condition. The Astron 35 will start at $50 and up from there. That's presuming that they're the "A" models. If they're the "M" models with meters, or the "VS" variable voltage models, they'll go for more.

The scope will be at least $75 to 100, again depending on condition, manuals, and accessories. Sure wish I could have one of those fall into my lap.

The Bird, again depending on condition and which slugs, is easily a 100 plus.

Don't know what to tell you on the rest. Insufficient data.

kb2crk
01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
With approximately 20 mobile antennas for various bands and mounts still new in the packages I dont really need and the values of the other items I believe It is a good deal. Once I get it and go through it all I will list what I dont need here first...

hamguy
02-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey, at $125, I can afford that 465. If you want to let it go, drop me an email or PM.
-gary