PDA

View Full Version : Need source: multi-pin power connectors

W7UUU
01-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi gang,

Does anyone know of an online source for something along the lines of a 6 or 8 pin
connector set, along the lines of the old Heathkit and Collins octal connectors, except
without the RIDICULOUS "vintage eBay buy now" price tags? I've Googled and come
up with nothing much...

Purpose: I want to standardize all my homebrew power supplies. Every time I find
an old HV transformer, I build it up into a supply to have on hand for projects - 125v,
250v, 300v, 400v, etc. etc. Over the years, I've used whatever was on hand but
now none of them match. I want to rewire all the supplies to be the same female
connector on ALL of them, with a standard pinout. Then the homebrew transmitters,
receivers, whatever, that I build can mate with matching connectors.

I once had a TON of the octal cable sets, but alas sold them off on eBay over 10 years ago.

Anyone? Or anyone with a stash of octal cable sets (6 pieces of each end) they'd want
to part with? Or Jones plugs or similar? Just needs to be at least 6 conductors.

Thanks all!

Dave
W7UUU

N8YX
01-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Have you checked Surplus Sales and Mendehlson's?

HUGH
02-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Are the "locking audio connectors" any good to you? These are the same family as the old transceiver microphone connectors and seem to go up to 8 ways. They're also well-priced.

W7UUU
02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys - I actually ended up with a local source right here in
town (Tacoma, WA) - I found a place here in town that has
a crammed WAREHOUSE FULL of old radio and electronic parts and bits! I never
knew it was there. I spent 2 hours digging through boxes and bins and shelves,
finding all sorts of cool bits - including Cinch Jones power connectors. I found
5 complete sets (female jack, male plug) in the 6-pin for only $3.50 a complete
set - I thought was a great price.

Nice to have a new place to find cool parts!

Dave
W7UUU