PDA

View Full Version : Shootin Up !!

n2ize
01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Temperatures are expected to shoot up this week. By the end of the week some parts of the country may feel more like spring than like winter as snow melts and temps shoot up into the 60's in some areas.

BUT!! WAIT!! Don;t put those shovels and winter coats away. This may merely be the "calm before the storm". According to Accuweather the warming is tue to stratospheric warming over the arctic. This condiution is usually followed by a revert back to cold weather and frigid temperatures producing waves of cold fronts that sweep southward. Thus while we are seeing mild weather for the time being we may likely be in for a rude awakening as frigid air starts to usher in across the country from west to east.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/nasty-cold-waves-could-be-in-t/3586088

PA5COR
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Except for a few snow dustings early December we only had too much warm cloudy weather with lots of rain.
Expecting temps to go doown in Western Europe at the end of the week, still have to see if we really get some winter the next 7 weeks...
Good for the low heating bill though...

kb2vxa
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
The weather did just that not long ago, a day in the Bahamas followed by several in the Arctic. Careful with those titles, I thought you were riding the horse.

NQ6U
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Careful with those titles, I thought you were riding the horse.

And until I read it, I thought John's post belonged in the gun thread.

XE1/N5AL
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
The first few days of the year were rainy, with high temps. around 60 F. The sun is back out and we are supposed to hit 75 tomorrow. As is most common here, we have neither heating nor air conditioning in the house. So, our electric bill is the same from month to month: about $10 dollars. For a few days of the year, it will be either uncomfortably warm or cold outside. But, by opening the window and turning on a fan, or by putting on a sweater and throwing an extra blanket on the bed, it isn't too bad.

W3WN
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
This weekend? Good! I may yet get a chance to throw the old HF2 up and change the wire antenna back into a true Inverted L

w2amr
01-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Temperatures are expected to shoot up this week. By the end of the week some parts of the country may feel more like spring than like winter as snow melts and temps shoot up into the 60's in some areas.

BUT!! WAIT!! Don;t put those shovels and winter coats away. This may merely be the "calm before the storm". According to Accuweather the warming is tue to stratospheric warming over the arctic. This condiution is usually followed by a revert back to cold weather and frigid temperatures producing waves of cold fronts that sweep southward. Thus while we are seeing mild weather for the time being we may likely be in for a rude awakening as frigid air starts to usher in across the country from west to east.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/nasty-cold-waves-could-be-in-t/3586088
Not to worry. Spring is only 3 months away.:yes: