PDA

View Full Version : IIHF WORLD JR TOURNAMENT

VE3FMC
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Congratulations to Team U.S.A. on their Gold Medal win against Sweden. Well deserved win by that hockey team.
:clap:

VE3FMC
01-05-2013, 04:41 PM
It would appear there are no hockey fans on this forum.

NQ6U
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Bassman Adam from 'Vegas is a hockey fan and I think a couple of other people as well.

KC2UGV
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
It would appear there are no hockey fans on this forum.

There are. We're just internally fuming over the pro-league problem... :(

N8GAV
01-05-2013, 11:02 PM
There are. We're just internally fuming over the pro-league problem... :(

Yep, the NHL lock out/ strike, we don't get much hockey on TV down here. Once in a while mabe a college game, but without the NHL not much more then that. I really missed the Winter Classic not being on this year.

X-Rated
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
We still have the Chicago Wolves. Tickets start at $9.

N8GAV
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
We still have the Chicago Wolves. Tickets start at $9.

What league are they in Jerry, ECHL ? Not far from me we have "The Wheeling Nailers" of the ECHL.

X-Rated
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
What league are they in Jerry, ECHL ? Not far from me we have "The Wheeling Nailers" of the ECHL.

AHL.

X-Rated
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
http://theahl.com/team-directory-s11579

VE7DCW
01-10-2013, 02:38 AM
We had the Victoria Salmon Kings who played 7 years in the mountain division of the ECHL.......their owners folded them into extinction in an effort to skate a team in the WHL .......what a waste!!! The Salmon Kings ended up to be one great team!!...and they were a farm team for the Vancouver Canucks of the NHL....well now with the end of the NHL players lockout,I suppose we should get excited over an abbreviated 48 game per team season.......NOT!!!! :irked:

VE3FMC
01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Well now that Bettman the Asshole has decided there should be some NHL hockey I suppose fans will be happy. Personally I think that lockout was a crock of shit. Bettman just wanted to flex his muscles again. 3 work stoppages during his time as head of the NHL is BS.

He has taken a time honored game and ruined it. Watered down teams that have no place in the league. Teams in areas of USA that do not draw fans, no interest in the game at all. Plus fans that have no clue how the game is even played.

All because Bettman wanted to expand and bring hockey to places that had no right to have it there in the first place.

If you think I am bitter then you are correct. What about the people who make a living off NHL hockey, arena employees, bars etc. They suffered during this stupid lockout. A lockout that could have been avoided if Bettman had wanted to do so. I also partially blame the NHLPA boss, Fehr. Both of those clowns should have had a deal worked out back in the summer. They both knew the contract was up long before this lockout came to be.

Then Bettman goes public and offers an apology to the fans and said he would make up for the lockout. How? I have not heard of any teams that are going to lower ticket prices. He has not offered the NHL package for free for the rest of the season.

A 48 game Inter Conference schedule is a joke.

I doubt I will watch much NHL hockey this season (What is left of it) I will continue to go watch our local JR B team as I have done for many years. Bettman can stick his NHL up his ass for 2013. There is plenty of Pro hockey to be watched with ticket prices a hell of a lot cheaper than NHL tickets. AHL, ECHL, WCHL, and in Ontario the Ontario Hockey League (Where a lot of NHL players have come from)

Personally, I feel we need a CANADIAN running the league, someone who respects the game and the players and the time honored tradition of the NHL. It is our game, we should be running it, not some clown who was second in command in the NBA before being hired by the owners.