PDA

View Full Version : Weather Channel naming winter storms

W7XF
12-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Good idea or not???

X-Rated
12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
It would be a bummer to get hit with Winter Storm Icenogle.

NQ6U
12-26-2012, 12:27 PM
They should name one after my ex-wife. The coldest one of the year.

n2ize
12-26-2012, 01:04 PM
I always thought naming storms is stupid. It's bad enough we name hurricanes. No need to name winter storms.

N2CHX
12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I always thought naming storms is stupid. It's bad enough we name hurricanes. No need to name winter storms.

If we're going to name them, name them after politicians.

N8YX
12-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Euclid (or whatinhellever they chose to name it) is currently dumping a forecasted 8-12" on NEOH. We're also under a blizzard warning.

X-Rated
12-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Euclid just keep it over there and not send it to Chicagoland.

KG4CGC
12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
They must sell the hype.
Global Warming. We has it.

N8YX
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Kelli, Corey - are you getting any of this phun yet?

SPC has an active mesoscale discussion for your area which says prepare to be dumped on.

X-Rated
12-26-2012, 03:47 PM
We are experiencing Winter Storm Paul here. It's colder than aitch eee double hockey sticks (19 degrees), too cold to ride your natural cycles au natural, and if anything falls from the sky, it's LAF GRAFS.

ka4dpo
12-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Euclid (or whatinhellever they chose to name it) is currently dumping a forecasted 8-12" on NEOH. We're also under a blizzard warning.

Good thing you don't don't live in Parma. I hear people who live in Parma want to move to Newark cause it's a better neighborhood.

We are having winter storm Coulo here.

kb2vxa
12-26-2012, 07:30 PM
THAT'S FUNNY!

n2ize
12-26-2012, 07:59 PM
We are getting a Nor'easter here. It's coming down as a mix...snow...rain...sleet. By later this morning it should change to pure all rain. The weather here so far has been moderate to mild but colder weather and some more snow is on tap for next week. Well, like it or not, it's winter folks. Summer we had to deal with 90+ degrees and extreme sweltering humidity, repressive heat, severe thunderstorms, damaging winds, tornadoes and derecho's. Now we deal with cold, blizzards, snow, etc. I find it remarkable how one season can be so blazing hot and months later frigid and icy. I prefer this cold stormy weather to the repressive heat.

n2ize
12-27-2012, 03:33 AM
This is one nasty nor'easter we are having. Earlier it was very windy, with some very strong gusts reminding my of Hurricane Sandy. It started as snow but gradually changed to cold rain, For a moment I thought we were going to loose power, yet again, Lights flickered for a bit but then came back on steady. If we did lose power it would be our 3rd outage in 3 months !! I remember when we used to go for years on end with nary an outage. Winds seem to have diminished here considerably but it is still cold and very rainy. I am just far enough south and close enough to the coast where the majority of the precipitation is in the form of rain. But just another 20 miles north of here was in the snow. Matter of fact it looks like most of NY State got dumped on pretty good. Oh, and there seem to be a few thunderstorms in the mix. Saw a few flashes of lightening and a bit of rumbling.

N7YA
12-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Superstorm Sandy....supermarketing Shitbag. People died and they need to make a few bucks off it. No thanks.

N8YX
12-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Superstorm Sandy....supermarketing Shitbag. People died and they need to make a few bucks off it. No thanks.
Those who have the eye to see...

TWC absolutely sucks since NBC took over the operation.

X-Rated
12-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Glad I don't have all those problems. No satellite or cable TV here.

n2ize
12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
We are experiencing Winter Storm Paul here. It's colder than aitch eee double hockey sticks (19 degrees), too cold to ride your natural cycles au natural, and if anything falls from the sky, it's LAF GRAFS.

You do realize that this winter storm proves that global warming is a fake made up by the alarmists. Right now we are experiencing global cooling and we're in the middle of an ice age.

X-Rated
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
You do realize that this winter storm proves that global warming is a fake made up by the alarmists. Right now we are experiencing global cooling and we're in the middle of an ice age.

You say I'm mental and you poked yourself in the face with some eye sage? I would believe that. Better get that stuff out of your eye. It will burn, there sonny.

N7YA
12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
>sniff sniff< I detect a thread move coming.....

K7SGJ
12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
>sniff sniff< I detect a thread move coming.....

Much like buses, they don't come, they arrive.

ka4dpo
12-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Those who have the eye to see...

TWC absolutely sucks since NBC took over the operation.

Boy no kidding, it's all fluff and very little weather.

n2ize
12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
You say I'm mental and you poked yourself in the face with some eye sage? I would believe that. Better get that stuff out of your eye. It will burn, there sonny.

My Christmas lights are sending messages to me through their blinkers. Some blinkers go on on some nights and others won't go on. Flying school buses are spying on me while the UN band play's on.