PDA

View Full Version : As I may not be around for a few days after today.

KB3LAZ
12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
‎"It's the end of the world as we know it." There is some truth to this, in two respects. First of all it is the end of the world as we know at the same time every year. The changes take place daily, no getting around it. The world as we know it is ever changing; be this for better or worse, not only do I not know but it is not my place to judge, only speculate.

The other respect: It is always the end of the world as it is known by someone as it begins anew. First time parents have children everyday, single people get married, loved ones are lost, loved ones are gained, people see tragedy, people see blessing, and many other assorted events take place. Some of them are good, some of them are bad, and they all toy with our emotions.

It all boils down to an ever changing world and evolving society not only regionally but globally. With that said, I would like to take the time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, happy New years, and happy holidays to those of you who celebrate in different ways, regardless of religion. Be there an immortal being above us watching over us or not, in the eyes of humanity and mother nature we are all brethren cut from the same cloth and it is my wish that you enjoy your holidays and the time you get to spend with your family. May your god (whoever/Whatever he/she/ it may be) bless and watch over you. The same goes for those of you, who like me are not religious, may your loved ones take care of you and watch over you.

In closing, I would like to take a moment to congratulate those of you who are new parents, who have just got married, who have just committed to a relationship, have been reunited with family that has been long estranged, those of you who have been adopted and so much more. I would also like to thank those of you who just adopted a child, sponsored the homeless, those in need, etc. I would also like to comfort all of you who have had loss even if only by my keeping you in my thoughts.

Much more could be said but I will leave that up to the rest of you.

The world may not have ended, which most of us already knew in the first place, but it is also not nor will it ever be a utopia. However, that does not mean all is lost. We can all remember to take care of at least one person in our lives and keep another in our thoughts.

Again, enjoy your holidays.

-Just wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts and feelings with my extended family.

(PS: I will be away because of the holidays. I dont know how much time I will have to get on here, so as I said, enjoy.)

N2CHX
12-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Have yourself wonderful holidays, Travis. We'll miss you.

PA5COR
12-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks Travis, have a good holliday as well ;)

KK4AMI
12-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Feliz Navidad!

NQ6U
12-22-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.dogbehaviors.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dog_scratching.jpg

Fleas Navidad!

K7SGJ
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Give your honey a squeeze, and have a great Holiday.

As long as Iran doesn't do a nuclear missile test with the coordinates of the Isaland, we'll see you when you return.

KG4CGC
12-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Don't eat cake. It will make your butt droop.

kb2vxa
12-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Feliz Navidad y ano nuevo! Such a philosopher and wordsmith you are, this isn't the first time I've seen your unique writing style and to say you have a way with words is an understatement.

KB3LAZ
12-24-2012, 08:48 AM
So, I have a few moments of internet time. Thank you all for the good holiday wishes and once again I would like to say happy holidays.

PA5COR
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I can hear an echo in here ;)
Take care m8, have fun with the family