PDA

View Full Version : How Many DB Do You Think This Cost?

KB3ZGV
12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tez6N006H9k

NQ6U
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Who gives a shit? Those guys are morons.

VE7DCW
12-12-2012, 12:52 AM
If you were a CB loving Linear Lunatic who enjoyed this illegal stupidity then "DB" would'nt be in your vocabulary!

Fortunately, I consider myself an Amateur Radio operator who enjoys the radio hobby in a correct fashion.

And of course the Pope is correct ......... those guys are morons! :yes:

'nuff said ......

KB3ZGV
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM
This makes me wonder if there is any enforcement by the FCC at all. I mean, these guys don't seem like they are even making the slightest effort to hide.

N2CHX
12-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Wonder if they'll learn, the day someone is standing too close to one of those arrays and it flashes over? RF burns + arc flash, basically. Not anything I personally would want to experience.

W3WN
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
This makes me wonder if there is any enforcement by the FCC at all. I mean, these guys don't seem like they are even making the slightest effort to hide.It appears that at present, the FCC enforcement activity in the Amateur and Citizens Radio services is minimal.

A lot of people didn't like the job that Riley Hollingsworth did, or at least the way he did it. But at least he DID something, and was TRYING to get things cleaned up. Since he retired, a lot of things have regressed.

kb2vxa
12-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Those dBs are costly but DBs (douche bags) are priceless. It takes a lot of kilovolts to arc like that, at the base it says something's wrong. Speaking of wrong, those alternators below the engine being subject to road spray and dirt tell a similar story of Brainless Bubba.

WØTKX
12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1243023_o.gif

W8XLR
12-13-2012, 08:49 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1243023_o.gif

A classic example of a dead short between the ears...:nuts:

n2ize
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM
If you actually mean db (as in decibels) I highly doubt anyone out on that field understands what a decibel is or the logarithmic ratio it represents or the relationship between power increase versus decibel or "S unit". I consider the contents of that video moronic. These so called "keydowns" are both illegal and are the dumbest things I have ever seen. I suppose there is a lot of fast money riding on these "keydown contests" which provides the incentive for this idiocy. Frankly I could care less how many "DB" was lost due to the sparking.

n2ize
12-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Those dBs are costly but DBs (douche bags) are priceless. It takes a lot of kilovolts to arc like that, at the base it says something's wrong. Speaking of wrong, those alternators below the engine being subject to road spray and dirt tell a similar story of Brainless Bubba.

You noticed that too... :)

KB3ZGV
12-14-2012, 10:04 AM
You noticed that too... :)

My 5th grade English teacher was in my head saying "First word, last word, every important word" so I was kinda in a bit of a turmoil of indecision about capitalizing db. I changed it back and forth a few times lol

I even tried "Db" for a moment but it looked really wrong.

N2CHX
12-14-2012, 10:14 AM
My 5th grade English teacher was in my head saying "First word, last word, every important word" so I was kinda in a bit of a turmoil of indecision about capitalizing db. I changed it back and forth a few times lol

Bel is the unit of measure. Deci is the fraction of the unit of measure. Therefore, it's dB. Just like mHz, kHz, mV, kV, mA, etc.

KB3ZGV
12-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Bel is the unit of measure. Deci is the fraction of the unit of measure. Therefore, it's dB. Just like mHz, kHz, mV, kV, mA, etc.

Yeah, but it was in a title, so I wasn't sure if Miss Miller was going to agree with "db" as being correct even though it is an abbreviation for a unit of measure. She was a real bitch.

wa6mhz
12-14-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd like to see them try and drive that down the freeway in front of a Highway Patrol!!!!

koØm
12-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd like to see them try and drive that down the freeway in front of a Highway Patrol!!!!

......Back in 'da days when I was "involved" with that crowd, the rules said that if you couldn't drive it down the streets and into the shoot out site, the vehicle was not "Legal" to use in the competition.

Wonder if they'll learn, the day someone is standing too close to one of those arrays and it flashes over? RF burns + arc flash, basically. Not anything I personally would want to experience.

.....You should have been there the day that the Pulley/Fan exploded on one of those Suburbans; it was like a Hand Grenade going off, shrapnel cut through the hood and flew (fortunately) straight up out of the engine compartment.

n2ize
12-16-2012, 03:23 PM

Generally when the multiplier is to the left of the decimal point such as 10, 1000, the prefix is capitalized so

10 => deca (D)

1000 => kilo (K)

1,000,000 => Mega (M)

and when it falls to the right

0.1 => deci (d)
0.01 => centi (c)
0.001 => milli (m)

As is obvious whether you use a capital or not will drastically change the meaning.

So, if lets say a laser puts out 50 mW (50 milliwatts) its quite a difference from writing 50MW which would imply the laser puts out 50 Megawatts... enough power to vapourize anything in its path.

Same for DB vs dB, etc.

KB3ZGV
12-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Generally when the multiplier is to the left of the decimal point such as 10, 1000, the prefix is capitalized so

10 => deca (D)

1000 => kilo (K)

1,000,000 => Mega (M)

and when it falls to the right

0.1 => deci (d)
0.01 => centi (c)
0.001 => milli (m)

As is obvious whether you use a capital or not will drastically change the meaning.

So, if lets say a laser puts out 50 mW (50 milliwatts) its quite a difference from writing 50MW which would imply the laser puts out 50 Megawatts... enough power to vapourize anything in its path.

Same for DB vs dB, etc.

Good post, I wish I could forward it to Miss. Miller but I don't think they have email in hell. Then again, she would just say you were wrong. Ugggg what a nasty bitch she was.

NQ6U
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
John, the reason the abbreviation for decibel is written as dB is that the "Bel" is used in honor of Alexander Graham Bell. You know, just like the H in kHz is capitalized in honor of Heinrich Hertz.

kb2vxa
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
That's right, DB would be decabels which is an enormous amount of power. If you look st SPL 120dB will shatter the eardrum, that's .12 Bel so it's hard to imagine even one DB. Still the formula applies; IR + IG = DB or illegal radio plus illegal gambling equals douche bag.

n2ize
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
John, the reason the abbreviation for decibel is written as dB is that the "Bel" is used in honor of Alexander Graham Bell. You know, just like the H in kHz is capitalized in honor of Heinrich Hertz.

I know that. But I am correct in as far as the case of the first letter goes.

KE5YPJ
12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
this must be what happens when hams get boared with contesting.

NQ6U
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
this must be what happens when hams get boared with contesting.

"Boared?"

This must be what happens when hams don't have dictionaries.

KE5YPJ
12-19-2012, 09:13 PM
"Boared?"

This must be what happens when hams don't have dictionaries.

and that is one reason why ham radio is dieing a quick cancerous death. The Smartass disease just dealt another blow and amateur radio spit up blood. BTW It was a joke guess I am not intellegent enough to be here. mabyee cbrt is the place for me also I dont give a shit what i misspelled. Sit back and enjoy the circus it will be over soon.

N2CHX
12-19-2012, 10:36 PM
and that is one reason why ham radio is dieing a quick cancerous death. The Smartass disease just dealt another blow and amateur radio spit up blood. BTW It was a joke guess I am not intellegent enough to be here. mabyee cbrt is the place for me also I dont give a shit what i misspelled. Sit back and enjoy the circus it will be over soon.

Oh, another Burt Junior. How cute.

KE5YPJ
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh, another Burt Junior. How cute.
Wow! I Defend myself and get assed up agian this time by another one of those kind and curteous amateur radio operators. what a load of shit i was told about ham radio. If someone could find a little curtosey and please show me the exit I will leave. sorry Im not intellegent enouf to find delete account. all the old hams would be so proud if they were here.

N2CHX
12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow! I Defend myself and get assed up agian this time by another one of those kind and curteous amateur radio operators. what a load of shit i was told about ham radio. If someone could find a little curtosey and please show me the exit I will leave. sorry Im not intellegent enouf to find delete account. all the old hams would be so proud if they were here.

There's a little logout button to the upper right. That should do it.

KE5YPJ
12-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I thought I was the stupid one. I said delete not log out. or just ban me.

KB3ZGV
12-19-2012, 11:02 PM
There's a little logout button to the upper right. That should do it.

Why are you so nasty to people?

N2CHX
12-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I thought I was the stupid one. I said delete not log out. or just ban me.

There is no delete button. You wanna delete yourself from here, logout. Simple. But, if you want to maybe introduce yourself and stay for some nice conversation awhile instead of crapping all over hams and ham radio, I'm all for that too.

N2CHX
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM

I'm generally not, unless someone comes in here and either shits all over ham radio a la K1OIK or they act like a dick. In your case, you acted like a dick. Then, when it was pointed out that you were being a dick, you didn't have the decency to say something like "Gee, I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way, I didn't mean to" or "I'm sorry if I offended you," you instead gave a classic dick response: "You're sensitive."

I'm nice to people who aren't dicks. Simple as that.

KE5YPJ
12-19-2012, 11:19 PM
first off i didnt crap all over anyone i was simply defending myself from a cry baby that has a smart mouth or some kind of spelling complex. ( i believe it was the first). second if thats how ham operators say hello then I dont need the hobby. Ever heard of laughing? It was a joke but instead I got a spelling test. last thing is that this is extremly pointless. Its really bad when 11m ops has more courtsey. hope yall have a merry christmas. mabyee burt is right as much as I hate to say that.

N2CHX
12-19-2012, 11:24 PM
first off i didnt crap all over anyone i was simply defending myself from a cry baby that has a smart mouth or some kind of spelling complex. ( i believe it was the first). second if thats how ham operators say hello then I dont need the hobby. Ever heard of laughing? It was a joke but instead I got a spelling test. last thing is that this is extremly pointless. Its really bad when 11m ops has more courtsey. hope yall have a merry christmas. mabyee burt is right as much as I hate to say that.

OK. Well merry Christmas to you too and say hello to Burt for me.

N2CHX
12-20-2012, 06:32 AM

I'm generally not, unless someone comes in here and either shits all over ham radio a la K1OIK or they act like a dick. In your case, you acted like a dick. Then, when it was pointed out that you were being a dick, you didn't have the decency to say something like "Gee, I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way, I didn't mean to" or "I'm sorry if I offended you," you instead gave a classic dick response: "You're sensitive."

I'm nice to people who aren't dicks. Simple as that.

Don't even try to tell me you didn't see this. Thus, you prove yourself to be the complete and total dick you are. So.... Don't ever fucking ask me why I'm "nasty" to you. You know damn well why.

n2ize
12-20-2012, 07:12 AM

You should care about what you misspelled. "boared" is not a valid word. Good spelling is not only a sign of good education but it also makes the message you are trying to convey more meaningful and reduces the chance of misunderstanding. I think you wanted to use the word "bored".

kb2vxa
12-20-2012, 04:15 PM
If you don't want to be boared I suggest you shoot it first. Now tell me I spelled it wrong. Go ahead, I dare you.