PDA

View Full Version : Having up some xmas lights...

PA5COR
12-11-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20669944

190.000 lamps bulbs etc 1200 pound electricity use in 4 weeks....

KJ3N
12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Probably not going to operate HF anywhere within 2 blocks of that setup. :doh:

n2ize
12-11-2012, 03:32 PM
That is stunningly beautiful.

kb2vxa
12-11-2012, 03:48 PM
So said the electric company.

N2CHX
12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Insane. But he's doing it for charity. That's cool.

VK3ZL
12-12-2012, 03:18 AM
When you get to my old age these things bring on wonderful memories and emotions..I have always loved Christmas..As long as we have these sort of people with us, the real togetherness that it brings to all will always be here..I am becoming an old softy...In my younger days I was a member of a Choral Society..We used to assemble three times a week three months before Christmas to put together an open air Christmas recital which was hugely popular in my home town..We presented two hours of Christmas songs and often included some from Bach's Messiah...With Santa for the children and in those days booze free, everyone gathered and had a wonderful time...These are nostalgic memories for me now but I think it was probably a better world then..

Even though there are a few days to go before Christmas I just would like to take the opportunity to wish you all of the best over the season..

Bob..VK3ZL..

n2ize
12-12-2012, 05:42 AM
When you get to my old age these things bring on wonderful memories and emotions..I have always loved Christmas..As long as we have these sort of people with us, the real togetherness that it brings to all will always be here..I am becoming an old softy...In my younger days I was a member of a Choral Society..We used to assemble three times a week three months before Christmas to put together an open air Christmas recital which was hugely popular in my home town..We presented two hours of Christmas songs and often included some from Bach's Messiah...With Santa for the children and in those days booze free, everyone gathered and had a wonderful time...These are nostalgic memories for me now but I think it was probably a better world then..

Even though there are a few days to go before Christmas I just would like to take the opportunity to wish you all of the best over the season..

Bob..VK3ZL..

Thanks. I share the same sentiments. I always liked Christmastime. This year our orchestra played several parts from Handel's Messiah as part of a sing-a-long. Unfortunately I didn't play in that concert due to a busy schedule but I participated in most of the rehearsals.We have a Christmas concert this weekend that I might play in. I'll see how well I do at rehearsal later today when we run through the repertoire. . I haven't had much of a chance to practice at home let alone rehearse with the orchestra these past couple of weeks.

kb2vxa
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
May I take the opportunity to wish you all the best of the seasonings on a Christmas ham.

W7XF
12-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Shoulda used LED's.....

WØTKX
12-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Betts and I are still working on our tree, no ornaments yet.
Need to take a pic, it has a mix of white and purple lights.

hamsmtnchic
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Betts and I are still working on our tree, no ornaments yet.
Need to take a pic, it has a mix of white and purple lights.

We finally have all the ornaments on the tree the granddaughters help us finish the tree and it looks beautiful.

hamsmtnchic
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
We finally have all the ornaments on the tree the granddaughters help us finish the tree and it looks beautiful.

Pics to follow

KK4AMI
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Who uses white lights on their tree and who uses colored lights? The XYL and I actually battled on that issue when we got married. We compromised, the wife insists the tree has to have white lights. I get to use colored lights outside. That is the way we work. Anything I do that she doesn't like, I do outside. My wife is a Southerner and she always says colored lights are a garish travesty brought on by Northerners. Dang, I like my pretty colored lights.

WØTKX
12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Betts and I decided (together, no, really) on white and purple lights. They look cool, visitors like it too.
Took this pic with "candle light" mode, no flash with the Lumia 900... for that artsy fartsy grainy look.

https://lkoh9g.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pkWQ9qwsFU_HnMFY-2RxRNXyb9XRLDrzqsUKJHlX-3feTny8b6bF7ba-DokNQFyxEE3gEAenYb8D8pbiFuco-yYkCvUnW1Ec_/ChristmasSnowshoe.jpg?psid=1

WØTKX
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Another one with tweaked settings...

https://lkoh9g.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pJmlTcRhKrRgU1wDJPEnwBmatPTK3XUpJOPneLTwDqVL4TPd svpyUAzk_dtRSZP-e1B1T6C6kle2mRivcuEroNbaXfcOnwncx/TreePurple.jpg?psid=1