PDA

View Full Version : Live Long and Prosper

Dr. Detroit
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
It's time for me to leave the Island ... I have enjoyed my stay, and it's been a pleasure meeting folks here. Sincerely!

Sadly, one person's behavior has now exceeded my comfort/tolerance level -- K1OIK is now publishing quotes that compare ham operators to Hitler (post #210 in the "He Needs to Leave" thread). That kind of talk is not for me.

I did think about using the "Ignore" function, but I never have done that in all my years of enjoying online social environments (all the way back to "Internet Relay Chat" in 1992). Even if I blocked him, it's still too close for comfort.

Yes -- I made a big mistake in creating a thread that gave this sick fuck a platform for attention. That was a mistake.

Live long and prosper ... and hopefully see you soon on the air (with my callsign)!

Dr. D.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I, for one, hope you reconsider. Never let the actions of someone, prevent you from doing the things you enjoy and those you wish to do. Your participation here has been a little ray of sunshine and humor that helps sick fucks like me look at, and accept the world for what it is, just as fucked up as me.

If you do decide to leave, I hope it is just a very short hiatus.

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, sincerest fuckin' thanks OM, because you just gave him all the more satisfaction and reason to stay. As for his Hitler comment, he was talking about himself, so I'm not quite sure why that bothers you.

WØTKX
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh. :dunno:

KJ3N
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Needs moar Drama Llama...

k1oik
12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
It's time for me to leave the Island ... I have enjoyed my stay, and it's been a pleasure meeting folks here. Sincerely!

Sadly, one person's behavior has now exceeded my comfort/tolerance level -- K1OIK is now publishing quotes that compare ham operators to Hitler (post #210 in the "He Needs to Leave" thread). That kind of talk is not for me.

I did think about using the "Ignore" function, but I never have done that in all my years of enjoying online social environments (all the way back to "Internet Relay Chat" in 1992). Even if I blocked him, it's still too close for comfort.

Yes -- I made a big mistake in creating a thread that gave this sick fuck a platform for attention. That was a mistake.

Live long and prosper ... and hopefully see you soon on the air (with my callsign)!

Dr. D.
What a loser you to credit me with you leaving.
1. I am totally unimportant
2. You believe #1 because you have said that
3. You have the support of many, I have the support of none
You wanted to leave and you are using me as the excuse.
I suggest you stay and the woman leave because you at least sound intelligent

k1oik
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Well, sincerest fuckin' thanks OM, because you just gave him all the more satisfaction and reason to stay. As for his Hitler comment, he was talking about himself, so I'm not quite sure why that bothers you.

The Hitler comment was not mine and the person who said it was merely showing the I,I,me,me, my, my loving of self Hitler possesed. He did not connect the evil of Hitler to hams.
He could have used a less flamatory example.
I lost an uncle to the Nazis
As far as leaving, look in the mirror

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Needs moar Drama Llama...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2529/4153321540_d97a8031c6.jpg

N8YX
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
This one's going to be moved to Rumpus if it keeps its current heading.

W3WN
12-05-2012, 02:58 PM
You should reconsider. Please. Letting one induhvidual and one induhvidual alone push you out is not acceptable, at least to me.

Frankly, the quote you mention I found equally distasteful, to say the least. But the fact that one person chooses to be obnoxious is not in & of itself enough for me to leave.

You are an asset to this site (well, at least for the moment! :evil: ) and I would hate to see you depart.

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
You should reconsider. Please. Letting one induhvidual and one induhvidual alone push you out is not acceptable, at least to me.

Frankly, the quote you mention I found equally distasteful, to say the least. But the fact that one person chooses to be obnoxious is not in & of itself enough for me to leave.

You are an asset to this site (well, at least for the moment! :evil: ) and I would hate to see you depart.

That's IT!!! I'm leaving. I am sick and tired of that word "A$$et", and you should know that, Ron. Bye.

KG4CGC
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm going to leave too but I'm going to continue to come here everyday logged on as invisible so if anyone says anything bad, I'll know.
I'll know.

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm going to leave too but I'm going to continue to come here everyday logged on as invisible so if anyone says anything bad, I'll know.
I'll know.

Know Charles! Don't go invisible!!! Craaaap!!!

W3WN
12-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I'll know.
Of course you'll know.

You know when we'll be sleeping. You know when we're awake. You know when we've been bad or good... or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+had+this+game+it+made+you+rage+quit+so+_e706eca0 5c9b92b8e4d96c27aab5daf7.jpg

k1oik
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+had+this+game+it+made+you+rage+quit+so+_e706eca0 5c9b92b8e4d96c27aab5daf7.jpg

WØTKX
12-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Dr. Detroit can find his favorite windmill to tilt at right here. They Might be Giants. Or Not.

I predict an amusing return at some point. Maybe try the ear banana shtick.

NQ6U
12-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Live long and perspire, Doc.

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Dr. Detroit can find his favorite windmill to tilt at right here. They Might be Giants. Or Not.

I predict an amusing return at some point. Maybe try the ear banana shtick.

Ha, yeah, I don't think this is a forever goodbye. ;)

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Live long and perspire, Doc.

Live long and expire, you say?

W3WN
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Live long and expire, you say?Well, it's a touch better than wishing someone "live long and perspire". Unless that someone forgot to use their deodorant that day...

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll know.

Oh, that's just fucking perfect. Now I suppose the drinks will be invisible, the umbrellas invisible, so my piss should be invisible. While you're at it. you might as well take out the urinals and put in dust pans. Damn, another case of a Dr. fucking up a good thing...........

kb2vxa
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm saddened to see them go but dismayed over the fact administration hasn't taken the bull by the horns long before it shit the place up. I don't know what if anything went on behind the scenes but other sites would have permanently banned him by now. Being a misfit in my own right I'm glad I found the Island and made it my number one home but honestly "this guy" gives the site a bad name. It's your site so I can't tell you what to do but you have my vote to ban him, this shit has gone on WAY too long IMHO.

Naturally he's reading this and I expect to be flamed but guess what, I don't give a shit since I sell it for fertilizer. To put it another way, I'm an armor plated duck with a built in fire suppression system.

WØTKX
12-05-2012, 07:50 PM
The IOMH "allows" trolling, and lets the community tear 'em up.
Works with most, but not all. I don't agree with "open" trolling.

Motivates trolling back, as there is no use in actual debate after a point.

Trolling is kind of malignant, eh? But it's hard to quantify.

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm saddened to see them go but dismayed over the fact administration hasn't taken the bull by the horns long before it shit the place up. I don't know what if anything went on behind the scenes but other sites would have permanently banned him by now. Being a misfit in my own right I'm glad I found the Island and made it my number one home but honestly "this guy" gives the site a bad name. It's your site so I can't tell you what to do but you have my vote to ban him, this shit has gone on WAY too long IMHO.

Naturally he's reading this and I expect to be flamed but guess what, I don't give a shit since I sell it for fertilizer. To put it another way, I'm an armor plated duck with a built in fire suppression system.

I am certain he will call you a 'Grumpy old bastid'. It will hurt bunches, but stand tough.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Your quack is exposed

k1oik
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=kb2vxa;495064]I'm saddened to see them go but dismayed over the fact administration hasn't taken the bull by the horns long before it shit the place up. I don't know what if anything went on behind the scenes but other sites would have permanently banned him by now. Being a misfit in my own right I'm glad I found the Island and made it my number one home but honestly "this guy" gives the site a bad name. It's your site so I can't tell you what to do but you have my vote to ban him, this shit has gone on WAY too long IMHO.

Naturally he's reading this and I expect to be flamed but guess what, I don't give a shit since I sell it for fertilizer. To put it another way, I'm an armor plated duck with a built in fire suppression system.[/QUOTE8202]

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM
"Fact" is not a swear word.

n2ize
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM

Dr. D.

Why stop posting because of one person ? Just forget about that person and talk about things you are interested in.

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Why stop posting because of one person ? Just forget about that person and talk about things you are interested in.

Like, guns, AGW, and nuke power.

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 08:48 PM
We hardly got a chance to get to know you Doc... You are alot of fun, and I hope you'll just take a quick break while you consider my personal motto; "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"... That is, "Don't let the bastids wear ya down"!

n2ize
12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Like, guns, AGW, and nuke power.

I don't understand. What does this have to do with what is going on here. I like guns and I am opposed to more gun control. . I believe AGW is a valid theory that needs to be taken seriously. . And I think modern atomic energy is a safe , clean source of energy for our future. I am not going to leave because someone or even perhaps everyone disagrees with me on these topics. And, I think anyone who does leave because they disagree with me on these topics is being foolish and needs to be tougher.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
He rests his case.

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't understand. What does this have to do with what is going on here. I like guns and I am opposed to more gun control. . I believe AGW is a valid theory that needs to be taken seriously. . And I think modern atomic energy is a safe , clean source of energy for our future. I am not going to leave because someone or even perhaps everyone disagrees with me on these topics. And, I think anyone who does leave because they disagree with me on these topics is being foolish and needs to be tougher.

I guess you just needed to be there to read the post I made in response to yours.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
WOOOSH

W4GPL
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Naturally he's reading this and I expect to be flamed but guess what, I don't give a shit since I sell it for fertilizer. To put it another way, I'm an armor plated duck with a built in fire suppression system.We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. If we were to simply ban him for being the mentally deranged turd that he is, we'd be accused of heavy handed QRZ like policies.. but to not ban him, we're accused of being neglectful to our other members. I only wish I could have my cake and eat it too. If we ran this place by purely my opinion, the fuckwit would have been gone days ago... but that's just not how it works around here. As Dave mentioned, the membership usually takes care of people like this.. or they eventually slip find a way to get themselves legitimately banned. For now, try to ignore him. He feeds on the attention.

WØTKX
12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
This is NOT a Troll Free Zone.

Err, ummm, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 09:06 PM
This is NOT a Troll Free Zone.

Err, ummm, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Was that Maxwell?

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. If we were to simply ban him for being the mentally deranged turd that he is, we'd be accused of heavy handed QRZ like policies.. but to not ban him, we're accused of being neglectful to our other members. I only wish I could have my cake and eat it too. If we ran this place by purely my opinion, the fuckwit would have been gone days ago... but that's just not how it works around here. As Dave mentioned, the membership usually takes care of people like this.. or they eventually slip find a way to get themselves legitimately banned. For now, try to ignore him. He feeds on the attention.

Ayup.

Kerchunk.

Kerchunk.

Kerchunk. Kerchunk.

It's easy to see. The mouse will leave when the food is gone.

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 09:11 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4109/1790940-memes_cant_tell_if_troll_or_just_really_stupid_mem ebase_35_s500x475_179361_580_super.jpg

kb2vxa
12-06-2012, 02:26 PM
"And, I think anyone who does leave because they disagree with me on these topics is being foolish and needs to be tougher."
Some have intestinal fortitude, some have intestinal worms... oh well.

"If we were to simply ban him for being the mentally deranged turd that he is, we'd be accused of heavy handed QRZ like policies.. but to not ban him, we're accused of being neglectful to our other members."
"This is NOT a Troll Free Zone."
That. You're missing the point, his continual trolling, derogatory and inflammatory remarks, flaming and such are against the rules. Although rare on the Island others have been warned, put on moderation and eventually banned for such behavior so why not him? I hate to say it but it reminds me of something on another site, not to stir the pot but just thinking out loud.

So let him go whining and crying around the net, I've seen it before where it starts threads when the banee is found bashing on other sites and exposed on the one he's banned from. Great for laughs in those threads, then he's forgotten.

k1oik
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
"And, I think anyone who does leave because they disagree with me on these topics is being foolish and needs to be tougher."
Some have intestinal fortitude, some have intestinal worms... oh well.

"If we were to simply ban him for being the mentally deranged turd that he is, we'd be accused of heavy handed QRZ like policies.. but to not ban him, we're accused of being neglectful to our other members."
"This is NOT a Troll Free Zone."
That. You're missing the point, his continual trolling, derogatory and inflammatory remarks, flaming and such are against the rules. Although rare on the Island others have been warned, put on moderation and eventually banned for such behavior so why not him? I hate to say it but it reminds me of something on another site, not to stir the pot but just thinking out loud.

So let him go whining and crying around the net, I've seen it before where it starts threads when the banee is found bashing on other sites and exposed on the one he's banned from. Great for laughs in those threads, then he's forgotten.
You want to ban me for trolling when I was not the one who posted the thread you speak of?
So if I write a letter to Radio World, someone posts it here I was the one that was trolling?
Unbelievable and also what was unbelivable was the endless messages of personal insults. If I did it, I would be gone.
I guess I am regarded as black in ole Miss circa 1963

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Trolly Troll is trolly.

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. If we were to simply ban him for being the mentally deranged turd that he is, we'd be accused of heavy handed QRZ like policies.. but to not ban him, we're accused of being neglectful to our other members. I only wish I could have my cake and eat it too. If we ran this place by purely my opinion, the fuckwit would have been gone days ago... but that's just not how it works around here. As Dave mentioned, the membership usually takes care of people like this.. or they eventually slip find a way to get themselves legitimately banned. For now, try to ignore him. He feeds on the attention.

So wait, are you advocating peer pressure now?

W4GPL
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
So wait, are you advocating peer pressure now?Not advocating anything.. But these situations do seem to follow a pattern.

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
You want to ban me for trolling when I was not the one who posted the thread you speak of?
So if I write a letter to Radio World, someone posts it here I was the one that was trolling?
Unbelievable and also what was unbelivable was the endless messages of personal insults. If I did it, I would be gone.
I guess I am regarded as black in ole Miss circa 1963

Don't even go there! You have no idea the plight of African Americans in the United States and you never will! You can just shut the hell right up this very instant!

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't even go there! You have no idea the plight of African Americans in the United States and you never will! You can just shut the hell right up this very instant!

Wow. Narcissist and martyr. Talent.

k1oik
12-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Trolly Troll is trolly.

You posted online you were in a three way and you have an 11 year old child
HO HO HO

k1oik
12-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Or?
(behind the safety of your keyboard Wizard of Oz)

k1oik
12-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't understand. What does this have to do with what is going on here. I like guns and I am opposed to more gun control. ..

From CNN:
Most of the time, gun owners are frightening themselves irrationally. They have conjured in their own imaginations a much more terrifying environment than genuinely exists -- and they are living a fantasy about the security their guns will bestow. And to the extent that they are right -- to the extent that the American environment is indeed more dangerous than the Australian or Canadian or German or French environment -- the dangers gun owners face are traceable to the prevalence of the very guns from which they so tragically mistakenly expect to gain safety.

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Or?
(behind the safety of your keyboard Wizard of Oz)

I've been called a nigger, a filthy Egyptian, a terrorist and a few other choice things based on nothing more than my country of origin, since age 6. You don't know discrimination. If you insist on spewing your racist nonsense, you'll be known as a racist throughout hamdom and the world of the intertubes.

NQ6U
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
You all have failed to take my warnings seriously--this plague of trolls, malignant narcissists and just general asswipes we have had visited down upon us here on the Island in recent days is the result of divine displeasure with our ways. Specifically, we have neglected our duties to the Volcano Goddess by our failure to provide her a sacrifice. We need to do this, and soon, lest the Volcano erupt and smite us all with ash and hot lava.

While a virgin would be preferable, one of those might be hard to come by in these parts so someone who hasn't gotten laid in a while will have to do. Start checking the online dating sites and see if any Island resident has posted on any of them recently.

X-Rated
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
You all have failed to take my warnings seriously--this plague of trolls, malignant narcissists and just general asswipes we have had visited down upon us here on the Island in recent days is the result of divine displeasure with our ways. Specifically, we have neglected our duties to the Volcano Goddess by our failure to provide her a sacrifice. We need to do this, and soon, lest the Volcano erupt and smite us all with ash and hot lava.

While a virgin would be preferable, one of those might be hard to come by in these parts so someone who hasn't gotten laid in a while will have to do. Start checking the online dating sites and see if any Island resident has posted on any if them recently.

Don't threaten Burt's life. That is not even nice. :cool2:

WØTKX
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Burt and the Volcano. Lulz! :rofl:

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 03:26 PM
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif8208

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM

While a virgin would be preferable, one of those might be hard to come by in these parts so someone who hasn't gotten laid in a while will have to do. Start checking the online dating sites and see if any Island resident has posted on any if them recently.

Hahahahahahahaha!

W3WN
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM

While a virgin would be preferable, one of those might be hard to come by in these parts so someone who hasn't gotten laid in a while will have to do. Start checking the online dating sites and see if any Island resident has posted on any of them recently.I know just the induhvidual that we should "volunteer" for the honor.

Using that induhvidual will, you should pardon the cliche, kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

And just think of all the trillions of electrons at YouTube that will no longer be inconvenienced!

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM

WA4TM
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Burt and the Volcano. Lulz! :rofl:

Hell, the fire would refuse to burn ever again!

k1oik
12-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Comment from one who has an 11 year old child and brags about doing a three way8212

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Comment from one who has an 11 year old child and brags about doing a three way

Last I checked, it wasn't 1950 anymore OM. Keeping up faux appearances is old news. We're not in Kansas and this isn't the Brady Bunch.

k1oik
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Last I checked, it wasn't 1950 anymore OM. Keeping up faux appearances is old news. We're not in Kansas and this isn't the Brady Bunch.

True, morality is not what it once was. But you have crossed a line of decency both in doing what you did and worse posting it.
People have the right of privacy and you ought to have kept your deeds private. Your child is eleven, don't share these things, you are a role model to him.
I am confident everyone here agrees with me but not one person will come down on the side of the child, they all want to kiss your ass

k1oik
12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I've been called a nigger, a filthy Egyptian, a terrorist and a few other choice things based on nothing more than my country of origin, since age 6. You don't know discrimination. If you insist on spewing your racist nonsense, you'll be known as a racist throughout hamdom and the world of the intertubes.
I am a racist? My best friends in school were black
I said nothing against any race.
Skin pigment has nothing to do with character.
However my mother would not let my black friends in the house

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey Kelli, Burt the Racist says I want to kiss your ass. Do you think I want to kiss your ass, Kelli? Burt the Racist does.

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I am a racist? My best friends in school were black
I said nothing against any race.
Skin pigment has nothing to do with character

That's what they all say.

k1oik
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Don't threaten Burt's life. That is not even nice. :cool2:
He has not threatened my life. Hams are for the most part paper tigers except if the ham was a U.S. Marine

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
True, morality is not what it once was. But you have crossed a line of decency both in doing what you did and worse posting it.
People have the right of privacy and you ought to have kept your deeds private. Your child is eleven, don't share these things, you are a role model to him.
I am confident everyone here agrees with me but not one person will come down on the side of the child, they all want to kiss your ass

Oooh, aren't you the self-righteous one. Having sex with more than one person crosses the line of decency? Better tell that to most of the politicians, televangelists and church leaders and 3/4 of the general population out there. They've all done it, they just won't admit it. At least I have the decency to be honest about what I do, as if having a threesome is some big horrible thing anyway. Like I said, this isn't 1950 anymore and you really are a judgmental, narcissist asshole.

As far as everyone else here goes, they don't treat me with kid gloves. If they don't like something I say, I'll hear about it. No one kisses my ass, except maybe my husband and my gf.

Speaking of the word ass, my father would say you were immoral and crossed the line of decency just for using that word. But you don't answer to him and I don't answer to you.

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Kelli, Burt the Racist says I want to kiss your ass. Do you think I want to kiss your ass, Kelli? Burt the Racist does.

I think you already have kissed my ass, Charles. Should we tell him all the racy things we've done together?

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I think you already have kissed my ass, Charles. Should we tell him all the racy things we've done together?

Cheese and Crackers! w00t!

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Cheese and Crackers! w00t!

KG4CGC
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/03812a6d.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/78e023aa.gif
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/89256de1.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/5f397be1.gif

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 08:24 PM
He has not threatened my life. Hams are for the most part paper tigers except if the ham was a U.S. Marine

My call is W8XLR... I graduated recruit training on 8 April 1981, 2nd Battalion, F company, Platoon 2004... MCRD Parris Island, South Carolina. My MOS was 6011, Light Helicopter Hydraulics... Shot Expert on the rifle range every time with the M-16A1 service rifle. My best score was 248 of a possible 250 on the "KD" course. My unit in the Fleet was HMLA-267, MAG-39... Based at Camp Pendelton, California.

I have been FCC licenced, and lapsed, 3 different times since I was 10 years old in 1974...

What were you saying?

NQ6U
12-06-2012, 08:36 PM

I remember the time you, Charles and I became Republicans for a night. Man, you and he really got rambunctious!

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I remember the time you, Charles and I became Republicans for a night. Man, you and he really got rambunctious!

What can I say? Charles can do me like no other man can :yes: :snicker:

N8YX
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
My call is W8XLR... I graduated recruit training on 8 April 1981, 2nd Battalion, F company, Platoon 2004... MCRD Parris Island, South Carolina. My MOS was 6011, Light Helicopter Hydraulics... Shot Expert on the rifle range every time with the M-16A1 service rifle. My best score was 248 of a possible 250 on the "KD" course. My unit in the Fleet was HMLA-267, MAG-39... Based at Camp Pendelton, California.

I have been FCC licenced, and lapsed, 3 different times since I was 10 years old in 1974...

What were you saying? :wtf:
There's another ex-Marine on this board who doesn't participate in such petty little dick-wagging exercises as Burt would accuse everyone of doing.

As is the gent's wife (ex-Corps). I guarantee she would put a hurting on most men yet I never see her brag about it or try to start trouble.

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
There's another ex-Marine on this board who doesn't participate in such petty little dick-wagging exercises as Burt would accuse everyone of doing.

As is the gent's wife (ex-Corps). I guarantee she would put a hurting on most men yet I never see her brag about it or try to start trouble.

Just a minor point... Its FORMER Marine, not "Ex"... We that earned the title are sensitive to that... A friendly FYI.

Carry on Sir...

N8YX
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Just a minor point... Its FORMER Marine, not "Ex"... We that earned the title are sensitive to that... A friendly FYI.

Steve is and will always be "ex", and I'll always refer to him as such. "Jarhead" is another pet term that our local group uses with him.

...now if the little jarhead would just show back up here... :lol:

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Steve is and will always be "ex", and I'll always refer to him as such. "Jarhead" is another pet term that our local group uses with him.

...now if the little jarhead would just show back up here... :lol:

Jarhead, Bullet stopper,etc. I'm good with... OOhh RAH!...

Semper Fi...

W3WN
12-06-2012, 09:11 PM

Carry on Sir...The YF's ex says the same thing.

You can call him a Former Marine, a Retired Marine, a not on Active Duty Marine. (You can't call him a Reserve Marine, though, he was in the Army Reserves until a couple of years ago, I have no idea why). But you do NOT call him an "ex" Marine.

Now, considering the man stands 6'4", is an avid hunter with fire arms, and most importantly, is currently a postal carrier... you think I'm arguing with HIM?

k1oik
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM

What were you saying?

You I fear I was USAF E4, 63-67, your military experience trumps mine. MY AFSC was 30454, Only a markmen and ran the mile in 6:14

N8YX
12-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Now, considering the man stands 6'4", is an avid hunter with fire arms, and most importantly, is currently a postal carrier... you think I'm arguing with HIM?

The baddest man I ever had the pleasure of knowing stood 5'2" and went about 120 soaking wet. The second baddest was around 5'6" and maybe 135; he learned some interesting knife-fighting skills on the streets of Tijuana while growing up.

W4GPL
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Burt's gone.

N2CHX
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Burt's gone.

http://www.mikemarchev.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Applause_meter_1.jpg

NQ6U
12-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Burt's gone.

Damn. I miss him already.

WA4TM
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Damn. I miss him already.

Now, tell us another lie!:hyper::hyper:

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
You I fear I was USAF E4, 63-67, your military experience trumps mine. MY AFSC was 30454, Only a markmen and ran the mile in 6:14

I'm not trying to trump anything or anyone. My point is that you do paint all amateur radio operators with a very broad brush, without actually knowing who these people really are. I have no axe to grind with you. I Don't know you, or have ever worked you, and I think some of your videos are really good... You just need to lighten up some. Amateur radio is a pastime for some, and serious as a heart attack for others... It's simply a cross section sample of the human condition.

BTW, My first choice for service was the Air Force, But in '81 the Corps were the only branch that would take 17 year olds. I "grew up" on Parris Island, and had I not gone in I would likely be dead. I was no Chesty Puller, or even a very good Marine, but I did earn the title, and am very proud of it...

NQ6U
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Now, tell us another lie!:hyper::hyper:

Let us sing the praises of Burt!

I'll start:

[Dang, I can't think of any...]

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Burt's gone.

Bummer, I was ready to roll... Did you send him into the volcano?

W4GPL
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Alright.. He's gone, let's move on.

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Alright.. He's gone, let's move on.

Aye Aye, Sir... Since the Marines have landed, the beach is secure and the situation well in hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4lq2WHos

W3WN
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
The baddest man I ever had the pleasure of knowing stood 5'2" and went about 120 soaking wet. The second baddest was around 5'6" and maybe 135; he learned some interesting knife-fighting skills on the streets of Tijuana while growing up.I'm not saying that Paul is the baddest man I've ever known. Just that he not only looks like someone you don't want to mess with... he IS someone you don't want to mess with.

I'm just glad that I came along years after the divorce, so there was no reason that he & I couldn't be friends.

K7SGJ
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Get off my beach, I.m trying to grow a lawn for you to stay off of.

W8XLR
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Get off my beach, I.m trying to grow a lawn for you to stay off of.

Don't worry Dude, we land on a cusion of air... Your lawn will not be harmed :snicker:

NQ6U
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Don't worry Dude, we land on a cusion of air... Your lawn will not be harmed :snicker:

I've seen those things on the beach while passing through Pendleton on I-5.

Dr. Detroit
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I heard that certain changes have been made on the Island, so I came back. Missed you guys. Hope I'm still welcome. I perfectly understand that certain parties are not to be the subject of discussion, as they are no longer here to partake in the conversation.

*Sigh* The Island is good.

Dr. Detroit

N2CHX
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
I heard that certain changes have been made on the Island, so I came back. Missed you guys. Hope I'm still welcome. I perfectly understand that certain parties are not to be the subject of discussion, as they are no longer here to partake in the conversation.

*Sigh* The Island is good.

Dr. Detroit

Good to have you back, Dr. Biotch. Sorry if my response to your farewell seemed a little harsh :-P

Dr. Detroit
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Good to have you back, Dr. Biotch. Sorry if my response to your farewell seemed a little harsh :-P

Thanks! Please, no apology is needed ... it was a difficult situation and I was constantly doubting my own approach to it. Everyone's various reaction, including yours, was my own reaction at some point.

On a cheerier note: has anyone had ANY luck on 10 meters this weekend? Not me. Also, I discovered something that I think will improve my confirmation percentage on LoTW ... as far as LoTW is concerned, the call "A1BC" is NOT the same call as "A1BC/M." I must be the last ham in the world to discover this simple fact. I do a lot of mobile work (more than 50% of my QSOs), so I am probably in most logs as /M. So now I've requested a separate LoTW certificate as /M, so we'll see if that helps the confirmations.

Dr. D.

N2CHX
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks! Please, no apology is needed ... it was a difficult situation and I was constantly doubting my own approach to it. Everyone's various reaction, including yours, was my own reaction at some point.

On a cheerier note: has anyone had ANY luck on 10 meters this weekend? Not me. Also, I discovered something that I think will improve my confirmation percentage on LoTW ... as far as LoTW is concerned, the call "A1BC" is NOT the same call as "A1BC/M." I must be the last ham in the world to discover this simple fact. I do a lot of mobile work (more than 50% of my QSOs), so I am probably in most logs as /M. So now I've requested a separate LoTW certificate as /M, so we'll see if that helps the confirmations.

Dr. D.

I thought the little graphic you did on LoTW was hilarious. Alas, I don't have HF capability at the moment. Someday soon, I hope.

K7SGJ
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought the little graphic you did on LoTW was hilarious. Alas, I don't have HF capability at the moment. Someday soon, I hope.

I know you've probably mentioned it in the past, (I'm an old fuk with a shit memory) did you part with the Atlas?

N2CHX
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I know you've probably mentioned it in the past, (I'm an old fuk with a shit memory) did you part with the Atlas?

Yup. Almost six months ago now. Kinda wish I still had it, but I really like digital modes so something more stable would be nice.

Dr. Detroit
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
. . . Alas, I don't have HF capability at the moment. Someday soon, I hope . . .

Try mobile! I acquired an old 10-meter monoband rig (25 watts SSB) in October. I've been keeping track of its performance just for fun. Since Oct. 19 (i.e., about 7 weeks ago) I've worked all continents and 74 DXCC countries. And 10 meters hasn't exactly been on fire all the time (in fact, most days in this 7-week period were rated Poor on the qrz propagation forecast widget, with SFI under 110).

My total expenditure for the old 10-meter rig and Hamstick antenna was WAY under $100.

Dr. D.

K7SGJ
12-09-2012, 05:00 PM
I've never put one of the Atlas rigs on digital. I always thought they were a nice little rig, for what they are. A very nice and popular little rig when it came out. I still have about 5 or 6 of them that I need to fix and get sold; along with a half of cargo container of other stuff.

KJ3N
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
On a cheerier note: has anyone had ANY luck on 10 meters this weekend? Not me.

101 Qs and 41 multipliers for the 10m contest, all SSB LP. A "whopping" score of 8,282 points. Good thing I never expect to win anything. :roll:

There were a few surprises to be had, given that the band was in terrible shape. For example:

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1437 KS3D 59 DE YN5ZO 59 925
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1440 KS3D 59 DE YV8AD 59 275
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1451 KS3D 59 DE EA8MT 59 558

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1557 KS3D 59 DE D4C 59 2401
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1559 KS3D 59 DE HQ2ALJ 59 143

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1610 KS3D 59 DE TI5/N2BA 59 1213

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1648 KS3D 59 DE CX5BW 59 2037

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1740 KS3D 59 DE TM6M 59 790
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1742 KS3D 59 DE EA1DR 59 56

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1809 KS3D 59 DE K7RL 59 WA
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1811 KS3D 59 DE CR6K 59 642
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1814 KS3D 59 DE VA7BEC 59 BC
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1815 KS3D 59 DE KI7M 59 OR

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1905 KS3D 59 DE P40CX 59 1669
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1910 KS3D 59 DE LQ7E 59 219
QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 1918 KS3D 59 DE 8P2K 59 278

QSO: 28000 PH 2012-12-09 2238 KS3D 59 DE CW5W 59 3056

I worked a lot of California, Argentina, and Mexico. Also, several Canary Island stations. Very little EU. No AK, or HI.

Very little F2 propagation, from here. Mainly TEP and Es.

Dr. Detroit
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Dunno what it is about HQ2ALJ ... I hear him even when the band is (seems) totally dead. Sometimes he's the only signal to be heard. "Hotel Queen Two America London Japan." The guy never gives up on 10 meters. He defies nature and laughs at bad propagation.

BTW, nice group of contacts for not-so-nice band conditions!

Dr. D.

WØTKX
12-09-2012, 10:15 PM
10 meters is a hoot. It's where I have most of my AM QSOs.

Glad you're still hanging out Herr Doctor.

W3WN
12-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I've never put one of the Atlas rigs on digital. I always thought they were a nice little rig, for what they are. A very nice and popular little rig when it came out. I still have about 5 or 6 of them that I need to fix and get sold; along with a half of cargo container of other stuff.Don't suppose you have an RX-110 receiver, with the TX-110 transmit unit, in there? I loved that little combo, and I should never have let the ex (back before she was the ex) twist my arm into selling it.

W3WN
12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
101 Qs and 41 multipliers for the 10m contest, all SSB LP. A "whopping" score of 8,282 points. Good thing I never expect to win anything. :roll:
< log extract snipped >
I worked a lot of California, Argentina, and Mexico. Also, several Canary Island stations. Very little EU. No AK, or HI.

Very little F2 propagation, from here. Mainly TEP and Es.I heard from a few locals that conditions were poor. Almost makes me glad that I picked this weekend to go to DC to visit the kids; I guess I didn't miss much!

Considering the condx, though, you did quite well!

Jeff K1NSS
12-10-2012, 06:43 PM

Dr. D.

Hams=Hitler? I miss all the fun. Never noticed the likeness myself. Then again, like all the books about Nazi antigravity and bases at the South Pole, perhaps there's a genre specializing in secret photos of Hitler in not brown but flannel shirts, low slung mustard-stained cargo shorts and lower slung multiple HTs that escaped my attention, thanks be to God. No crank like a ham crank, I say.

K7SGJ
12-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Don't suppose you have an RX-110 receiver, with the TX-110 transmit unit, in there? I loved that little combo, and I should never have let the ex (back before she was the ex) twist my arm into selling it.

No, I'm sorry, those aren't in the mix.

kb2vxa
12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
"Hams=Hitler? I miss all the fun."

Well Jeff, here's how you can catch up. Somebody updated this video with a current events comment at the end that fits like a glove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cys9bWXifQ

N2CHX
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
"Hams=Hitler? I miss all the fun."

Well Jeff, here's how you can catch up. Somebody updated this video with a current events comment at the end that fits like a glove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cys9bWXifQ

Hahahahahaha! This video has been edited a few times. I think it gets better every time.

Jeff K1NSS
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Ah, so K1OIK is THAT guy! I've seen his Truth about Ham Radio video before and I think he's pretty funny. BTW, the Hitler/Ham video was hysterical, first good laugh I've had this month. Amazed to see the "Truth" video is so equally divisive, more nays than yeas even. Then again, I'm forced to recall my experience over several years of selling comics at hamfests and...it has been shall we say, an education. I think at least half the ham population finds radio interesting but not so funny at all. The other half ranges from thinking it can be funny, to those who find the hobby and their own fascination with it among the most absurd pleasures -- with most of the group falling into the former, and very few, me included making up the latter. I don't know what all K1OIK has posted, but short of racist, sexist profanity, I can't imagine what he might have said about hams and radio that would merit anything but a self-hating guffaw. Come on, are we not members of an Electromagnetic Elks Lodge? Nothing could be goofier than the convention hoopla I experienced at Dayton a few years back, and this goof had a ball, just as I do sending fake 59s, saying HIHI and exchanging numbers with hams of many lands. Truth is, hams are far more interesting than ham radio, except for that sack of black metal tubes stashed in my basement against a rainy day of the soul.

Dr. Detroit
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
10 meters is a hoot. It's where I have most of my AM QSOs.

How about 10m FM? I was fooling around on 10m FM one day, hoping to hear one of our local hams. FM can't go too far on HF, right? Imagine my surprise when I was answered on 10m FM by S01A (Rep. of Western Sahara). I still have the QSL card. I was in upstate NY, and the year was 1989. Power output: 7 Watts.

Dr. D.

kb2vxa
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Jeff, you don't WANT to know what K1OINK posted here and there along with his numerous Screw You Tube videos. Funny thing how knowing the original Hither vs. hams video went I started out with it in mind and stumbled the one with the last line updated. Turns out it really made a point all things considered.

Kelli, considering your run ins with that jerk I just KNEW you'd get a kick out of it. It would be nice if you could pass that kick along if you know what I mean.

Eh, despite the fact FM is the most power hungry mode under the right conditions it can go far. When the band opens I've heard hams near and far working DX on repeaters so signals on the input are full quieting. The Dallas-Fort Worth machine always hums during openings I've worked a few on the NYFD linked system and I've heard simplex from all over.

Jeff K1NSS
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Ah well Warren, you're probably right. If it was plain old nasty stuff good riddance. Omigosh, I just remembered where you live! How did you make out in the storm?

kb2vxa
12-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Too many pages to the story so with the gripes omitted, rough at first but soon enough things got back to normal. East of the railroad mandatory evacuation and just as well, the basement flooded and power was out for a week so dark and no heat. Thankfully the landlord's forward thinking arranged for a new furnace so when we returned there was power and heat. For another week I was living on non perishables and one hot meal a day provided by the Red Cross out of Texas. When the supermarket was restocked and my refrigerator stuffed all was well.

At the shelter halfway across the state I watched a fundraiser concert by Bruce Springsteen and as I write one live from Madison Square Garden that started with Bruce and looks like it's going to go on all night. Everyone who is anyone is there at the telephones and surprise, Chelsea Clinton got plasticized and like Phylis Diller it's an improvement... somewhat.

Jeff K1NSS
12-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Well all right. I haven't seen pictures from Point Pleasant, but other shore shots looked hellish. That's extraordinary good fortune to have a landlord that on top of the situation. Like a lot expat Jerseyites I'm sure, I have a lot happy memories from there, when my chief responsibilities were showing up for free meals and not losing my pail and shovel,and from some of the coverage, it sounded like much of what I remember went out with the Seaside Roller coaster. Very glad to hear you made out well enough.

Jeff K1NSS
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
BTW, my curiosity got the better of me and I read a bunch of Burt on the locked thread. Must take back my initial impression of him from the single video. Got it wrong. Off-script he's not funny, unless he's doing some Andy Kaufman never-break-character thing playing a sour tedious ham, but it's my guess REM will not immortalize this OM in song.

kb2vxa
12-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah, about as funny as Andy doing his Mighty Mouse thing but Andy got his butt kicked in the ring and Burt got his kicked on the Island. Looks like a fair comparison to me. You forgot REM already has immortalized him.

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough

I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream, try, cry, why, try
That was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream
Dream

WØTKX
12-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Thank you veddiiimuch!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYxNTYzNjM5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjc2NTU2._V1._ SX296_SY450_.jpg

KC9ECI
12-15-2012, 04:30 PM
I can say I wasn't a fan of him to begin with, and much less of a fan after he posted some obnoxious comments about my 10 year old daughter on a youtube video.

N7YA
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Im telling you...he's a closet sicko, but thats just my opinion and does not reflect the opinions of management.

W4GPL
12-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Im telling you...he's a closet sicko, but thats just my opinion and does not reflect the opinions of management.Get your letter from his lawyer yet?.. I haven't.

N7YA
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Nope. Still waiting on that lawsuit from Chippy at eHam too. :lol:

Its been, what, 6 or 7 years now...im sure these guys are working on it.

W3WN
12-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Their threats are empty. No law suit will ever be served.

W4GPL
12-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Their threats are empty. No law suit will ever be served.I'm pretty sure we're not worried. ;)

N7YA
12-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Their threats are empty. No law suit will ever be served.

:lol: I am being hit with a triple audit right now...he is not on my radar.

W4GPL
12-16-2012, 05:10 AM
:lol: I am being hit with a triple audit right now...he is not on my radar.Jinx! Stay the hell away from me! ;)

N7YA
12-16-2012, 05:42 AM
The joy of being a 1099 independent entertainment contractor.

K7SGJ
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
The joy of being a 1099 independent entertainment contractor.

The IRS is after your jet. I told you that you should have moved it into the bushes. Oh wait...............there aren't any bushes in Vegas.................never mind.