PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Sonar E or G junker with good power transformer

WB2CAU
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a Sonar model E that I would like to restore to functionality, but the power transformer is missing.

According to Sams Photofact, the "late" model E and the model G both have the same power transformer for the 120VAC/12VDC version (presumably, the 120VAC/6VDC has a different transformer). The Sonar part number is 14-010-017.

I believe there is a later model Sonar G transformer, in addition to the one mentioned above that would also be suitable (or even preferable) for my model E, as long as it is not a 6Vdc version.

Alternately, the 120VAC/12VDC "early" model E transformer should be acceptable also, Sonar part number 14-010-002.

Please note that I am interested in the 12V version rather than the 6 volt version. I believe I would have to rewire the filaments and/or change some tubes if I were to use the 6 volt version, based upon what I see in Sams Photofact. It is not because I intend to use the radio on a 12 volt power source.

I'm willing to pay a fair and reasonable price for either a good used transformer or a junker model E or G with an intact power transformer.

Eric - WB2CAU (wb2cau@gmail.com)