PDA

View Full Version : Old public service ad.

w2amr
12-03-2012, 05:49 AM
This ranks right up there with reefer madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3S24ofEQj4

NQ6U
12-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Hey, that guy looks just like my uncle Ernie...

W3WN
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey, that guy looks just like my uncle Ernie...You've been watching Tommy again. Quit channelling Keith Moon.

W1GUH
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Better put on my asbestos suit - this could get ugly.

What that video shows really happens. Happened to me in high school around that time...twice. One of them looked like someone who, I could have ruined if I reported him. Wish I would have had it together enough to do that. No, I didn't go anywhere with the assholes who tried it, but it DID scare the shit out of me. Fortunately, I'd heard that guys like that are pretty much feckless and there wasn't much chance of a physical confrontation, but they were total, slimy, reptiles in their ways.

In other words, this is NOT a Reefer Madness situation. AFAIK, none of the "bad things" that that film portrayed really ever happened. OTOH, THIS HAS happened to me in the past.

It can be argued til the cows come home whether homosexuality is "normal" and "acceptable" or not. But can anyone really argue that this particular behavior is "acceptable?" That it's acceptable for old queers to prey on young boys?

OTOH, this might be a gender issue rather than a (to use the euphemism) so-called "preference" issue. Guys are pigs (and I'm sure there are many, many females who will vouch for that) who simply DO NOT KNOW the meaning of "no."

Could be this video could have helped some football players at Penn State?

Apologies if this turns into a "drive-by" post. Sometimes the flames are so offensive and over the top that I decide that I just don't have the time or motivation to reply further.

N2CHX
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Better put on my asbestos suit - this could get ugly.

What that video shows really happens. Happened to me twice in high school around that time...twice. One of them looked like someone who, if I had know, I could have ruined if I reported him. Wish I would have had it together enough to do that. No, I didn't go anywhere with the assholes who tried it, but it DID scare the shit out of me. Fortunately, I'd heard that guys like that are pretty much feckless and there wasn't much chance of a physical confrontation, but they were total, slimy, reptiles in their ways.

In other words, this is NOT a Reefer Madness situation. AFAIK, none of the "bad things" that that film portrayed really ever happened. OTOH, THIS HAS happened to me in the past.

It can be argued til the cows come home whether homosexuality is "normal" and "acceptable" or not. But can anyone really argue that this particular behavior is "acceptable?" That it's acceptable for old queers to prey on young boys?

OTOH, this might be a gender issue rather than a (to use the euphemism) so-called "preference" issue. Guys are pigs (and I'm sure there are many, many females who will vouch for that) who simply DO NOT KNOW the meaning of "no."

Could be this video could have helped some football players at Penn State?

Replace "homosexual" with "heterosexual" then, because there are as many men who prey on little girls. It has nothing to do with homosexuality and everything to do with pedophilia. Jesus, I can't believe this still has to be said, especially here. Yeah, you better put your flameproof suit on, because you're going to need it and for good reason.

N2CHX
12-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Apologies if this turns into a "drive-by" post. Sometimes the flames are so offensive and over the top that I decide that I just don't have the time or motivation to reply further.

Wow, what utter and complete bullshit. If you can't stand by your statements then maybe.... Don't make them!

n2ize
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Replace "homosexual" with "heterosexual" then, because there are as many men who prey on little girls. It has nothing to do with homosexuality and everything to do with pedophilia. Jesus, I can't believe this still has to be said, especially here. Yeah, you better put your flameproof suit on, because you're going to need it and for good reason.

This is an old "Sid Davis" video. He made a lot of similar videos in the 1950's and 60's covering homosexuality, lesbianism, narcotics, alcohol, juvenile delinquency, school safety, traffic safety, dating, sex, etc. all with that same ominous theme,

The problem with this video is that it portrays gay people as predators. That is so wrong and in so many ways. The video encourages people to be afraid, to consider being gay abnormal. The video fails to present the facts that were true then and now. That most gay people are decent, good, members of society. They are not pedophiles, they do not force themselves on others, they are not predatory, there is no need for society to fear or reject them. Videos like this are partly responsible for the negative stereotypes that continue to this day.

George/AMR got it right. This is a lot like reefer madness.

X-Rated
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Paul. I was fortunate to not be attractive to gays. My best friend in grade school was gay and he like never came on to me or let me know that he was gay all the way through High School. We hung out a little bit as well. Face it. You got what it takes.

N2CHX
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
The problem with this video is that it portrays gay people as predators. That is so wrong and in so many ways. The video encourages people to be afraid, to consider being gay abnormal. The video fails to portray the facts that were true then and now. Most gay people are decent, good, members of society. They are not pedophiles, they do not force themselves on others, there is no need for society to fear or reject them. Videos like this are partly responsible for the negative stereotypes that continue to this day.

George/AMR got it right. This is a lot like reefer madness.

Exactly and my point when I said you may as well exchange the word heterosexual for homosexual.

n2ize
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Exactly and my point when I said you may as well exchange the word heterosexual for homosexual.

And your point is well taken. It is an excellent point and very true. Predatory behaviors are quite common in the hetero world. Matter of fact if I am not mistaken such predatory behavior is more common among the hetero community according to statistics, even after the statistics are adjusted in accordance with population size.

N8YX
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I wish more of the cute female teachers would have preyed on me in high school...sob...maybe I didn't appear vulnerable enough...SOB...

kb2vxa
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
You seem to forget this is one of many old propaganda films to be laughed at today so why make such a big deal of it? Those were closet days full of ignorance, things we didn't talk about, but we've come a long way and SHOULD look back with wagging head and clucking tongue.

n2ize
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
You seem to forget this is one of many old propaganda films to be laughed at today so why make such a big deal of it? Those were closet days full of ignorance, things we didn't talk about, but we've come a long way and SHOULD look back with wagging head and clucking tongue.
True. But the stereotypes introduced in propaganda films like this are in part responsible for the stereotypes that still exist today. Someimes it is not the worst thing to critique the past as a means of perspective.

N2CHX
12-04-2012, 07:54 AM
One of the good things sometimes posted on FB. Music isn't my style, but very touching nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0&sns=fb

KB3ZGV
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
One of the good things sometimes posted on FB. Music isn't my style, but very touching nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0&sns=fb

That video was so gay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

n2ize
12-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish more of the cute female teachers would have preyed on me in high school...sob...maybe I didn't appear vulnerable enough...SOB...

I had the hottest French teacher in 9th grade and she was a bit of a tease too.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I always enjoyed the silliness of the animated VD shorts that they showed us in the Army in the 60s. They were carry overs from WW2 and Korea, I'm sure. And then there were the twins Syphyllis and Ganora.

kb2vxa
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Ronald Reagan did his part but condoms went on gun barrels to keep water and dirt out. Now tell me, which application will save your life and which one won't?

suddenseer
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
I would like to expand on what Kelli mentioned. Many male predators that seek sex with underage boys are living a 'straight' public life ala Jerry Sandusky. Many of you know that I am gay, and I am also a parent, as well as a grandparent. If any adult would do such a thing to my grandchildren, my first reaction would be an overwhelming desire to take the law into my own hands. I was not victimized as a child by any adult. I do not have that experience, and my heart goes out to those who do.

suddenseer
12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Ronald Reagan did his part but condoms went on gun barrels to keep water and dirt out. Now tell me, which application will save your life and which one won't?One is a rifle, one is a gun. One is for killing, one is for fun.