PDA

View Full Version : How To Modify a Nerf Gun

n2ize
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
This video describes how you can modify a nerf foam dart gun so that it will shoot farther and with greater power. Do NOT try this at home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQKecMUawc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Do NOT try this at home...

Where else would I try it?

KG4CGC
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
You'd get laughed out of the bank if you tried to use that to commit a robbery but if you had an illegally modified poo stick ....
Whoa! Now you're talking a real weapon!

n2ize
12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
You'd get laughed out of the bank if you tried to use that to commit a robbery but if you had an illegally modified poo stick ....
Whoa! Now you're talking a real weapon!

I don't know about that... I mean the poo stick is by all means the deadliest, but that modified nerf gun looked pretty lethal to me... I wouldn't mess around with anyone carrying that thing around.

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Obama gonna take away our Nerf guns!

XE1/N5AL
12-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Obama gonna take away our Nerf guns!
Obama not gonna let you shoot your eye out.

kb2vxa
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Reminds me of the time one of my CO2 cartridge and match head rockets misfired. The launch tube fell, the rocket went horizontal blasting through two fences, the rear wall of a garage and the radiator of the car within. OOPS!

n2ize
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Reminds me of the time one of my CO2 cartridge and match head rockets misfired. The launch tube fell, the rocket went horizontal blasting through two fences, the rear wall of a garage and the radiator of the car within. OOPS!

Another thing that made good rockets fuel, or so I was told, was old scrap celluloid (cellulose dinitrate) movie film. Anyone who had ever ignited a ping pong ball or a guitar pick knows how feircly and fast the stuff burns with the release of considerable pressure and does not require an external oxygen source once ignition commences. Unfortunately even as a kid the stuff was not readily available. Home movie film was cellulose acetate which doies not have the same burn characteristics.

But yeah, match heads and an old CO2 cart worked as well. It's incredible that many of us are still alive after our youthful experiments with flames, rockets, etc.

We had a version of street hockey we would play at night... with a flaming puck. The puck was basically a sponge saturated in benzine that was whacked around the street with makeshift sticks, rakes, brooms or whatever to try and score a goal. When it started to burn down you would extinguish it, pour on more benzine and relight. Then there was the time it wasn't fully extinguished and I started dumping more benzine.... WHHHOOOSHHH!!! AS THE BENZINE CAN CAME TO LIFE IN MY HANDS. :lol:

wa6mhz
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
He needs a shave and a haircut

KG4CGC
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Is this an observation coming from a perfect specimen of a human?

n2ize
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Who needs a shave and a haircut ? Is it still 5 cents ? :) Oh , you mean the guy in the video. Well, from what I saw in the video it is too late for that. :( Who imagined that such a simple mod could be so dangerous. :shock:

wa6mhz
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Is this an observation coming from a perfect specimen of a human?
I get a haircut atleast every 6 months and a good shave before Church every Sunday!

KB3LAZ
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I get a haircut atleast every 6 months and a good shave before Church every Sunday!

If I did get my hair cut for 6 moths it would be nearly to my shoulders. My hair grows rather fast. I used to have long hair but then I got promoted and the company felt that a shave and haircut would be more ideal. It was never said in so many words but it was implied nonetheless. No big deal, I dont really miss my hair.

I do hate going to get it cut ever 2-3 weeks though.

As for shaving, I hate it! However, I do it 3 times a week.

KG4CGC
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM

What I meant was, the guy in the video is wirey, has some spunk in his step and looks to tip the scales at about 140 pounds (US)
While I weight in at a whopping 190 pounds (US) myself, I tend to look at people's actions and not their crazy hair or weight storage proclivities. However, if a black pot accuses a burnt kettle ...
Perhaps I should shut the fuck up now. My dad doesn't understand that it's not funny to make old jokes about all Chinese people looking alike.

n2ize
12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
If I did get my hair cut for 6 moths it would be nearly to my shoulders. My hair grows rather fast. I used to have long hair but then I got promoted and the company felt that a shave and haircut would be more ideal. It was never said in so many words but it was implied nonetheless. No big deal, I dont really miss my hair.

I do hate going to get it cut ever 2-3 weeks though.

As for shaving, I hate it! However, I do it 3 times a week.

It6 takes me longer than that for it to grow but, for my age I have a full head of hair just like when I was a kid, no bald spots. Only difference is there is a lot more white mixed in with the dark brown . I can get away with a hair cut once every 4-6 months.