PDA

View Full Version : He needs to leave. Now.

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Detroit
12-01-2012, 10:50 PM
The following letter-to-the-editor was published in the Nov. 21, 2012 edition of Radio World magazine (the largest U.S. publication for broadcast engineers), and signed "Burt Fisher K1OIK, Chief Engineer, WCCT(FM), Sandwich, Mass." Please read the letter, then see my comments that follow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hams Doing Public Service? Please.

The following is in response to Radio World coverage of the Hamvention (“Amateur Event Continues to Pack ’Em In,” Aug. 1) and Dan Thomas’s enthusiastic letter to the editor (“Kahn Helped Young Engineers,” Sept. 26).

I am an extra class ham operator with 52 years on the air. While a very small percentage of hams are like what Dan says, the vast majority do nothing for public service or little to advance the state of the art.

The day of hams being an asset has long ago disappeared except for some rare instances. Hams are appliance operators and sit in their shacks and cackle endlessly about minutia. They run “contests” where they lie about signal reports and pass useless data.

The tests are laughable: My daughter passed her exam for the “Tech Plus” when she was eight years old, so how hard could it be? All the questions and answers are published.

The only skill that was required was Morse Code, and that has been eliminated.

Add to this they put up antennas that blight the neighborhood in the name of something they rarely do — public service. This “right of blight” is protected by the FCC (PRB-1 decision).

As a teacher, I could not even give away thousands of dollars of donated ham equipment because I merely required the students to use it on the air for 100 contacts or more.

If you doubt me, listen on the air, and if you can stand it for more than 30 minutes and are not dead asleep, you are a better person than most.

Burt Fisher K1OIK
Chief Engineer
WCCT(FM)
Sandwich, Mass.

[I]Radio World's[/B] online edition, here (http://www.radioworld.com/article/on-speaker-wire-save-your-dough/216487).]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I support Mr. Fisher's right to write and publish whatever he wants, because I believe in the First Amendment. But I also believe in freedom of association, and it is clearly time for the amateur radio community to dissociate from this toxic crank. What kind of person goes out of their way to attack the amateur radio service (still one of the world's greatest hobbies and one of America's best all-volunteer resources) in front of a large national audience?

It's one thing to troll and whine in a ham forum, where, if we play along, Mr. Fisher is generously indulged and receives the attention he seeks and the game ends without too much harm done. It's quite another matter to libel the entire amateur radio community in a professional trade magazine that's read by tens of thousands of broadcast engineers, managers, lobbyists and lawyers.

Mr. Fisher needs to be banished from every amateur radio forum, club, and gathering, including the Island, immediately. The message will be clear: Most hams love their hobby and are willing to tolerate a wide range of their follow hobbyists' interests and opinions; what we won't tolerate, though, is a wholesale bashing of the amateur community in the general press.

He needs to leave. Now.

--Dr. Detroit

VE7DCW
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Amateur radio according to Burt......... he's the everlasting cynic with the permanent chip on his shoulder .......do what I do....pity the man and ignore his trademarked BS ...... :yes:

N2CHX
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow. Burt's really an attention whore. More Teeny Tiny Pee-Pee Syndrome at work.

W8XLR
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM
OH NO, Not again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1MAokrrUk

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 12:12 AM
What was it I called him way back when? An insufferable jerkoff? I stand by that assessment.

VE7DCW
12-02-2012, 01:12 AM
What was it I called him way back when? An insufferable jerkoff? I stand by that assessment.

You can go ahead and call him that Carl .....i'll agree with you :yes:

KG4CGC
12-02-2012, 01:16 AM
We'll have to agree, to agree.

PA5COR
12-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Unbelievable, what a dipstick....:evil:

Dr. Detroit
12-02-2012, 06:20 AM
It's a sad Catch-22: By outing his vicious article here, I'm giving the sick sociopath even more attention. But it had to be done. He needs to be gone from all ham radio forums. We are aiding and abetting someone who is actively trying to hurt us.

--Dr. Detroit

N7YA
12-02-2012, 06:34 AM
God, i wish that idiot would just come out of the closet already and maybe then he can quit being such an asshole.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 06:45 AM
It's a sad Catch-22: By outing his vicious article here, I'm giving the sick sociopath even more attention. But it had to be done. He needs to be gone from all ham radio forums. We are aiding and abetting someone who is actively trying to hurt us.

--Dr. Detroit

Yeah, we had kinda gotten rid of him, but I get it.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I support Mr. Fisher's right to write and publish whatever he wants, because I believe in the First Amendment. But I also believe in freedom of association, and it is clearly time for the amateur radio community to dissociate from this toxic crank. What kind of person goes out of their way to attack the amateur radio service (still one of the world's greatest hobbies and one of America's best all-volunteer resources) in front of a large national audience?

It's one thing to troll and whine in a ham forum, where, if we play along, Mr. Fisher is generously indulged and receives the attention he seeks and the game ends without too much harm done. It's quite another matter to libel the entire amateur radio community in a professional trade magazine that's read by tens of thousands of broadcast engineers, managers, lobbyists and lawyers.

Mr. Fisher needs to be banished from every amateur radio forum, club, and gathering, including the Island, immediately. The message will be clear: Most hams love their hobby and are willing to tolerate a wide range of their follow hobbyists' interests and opinions; what we won't tolerate, though, is a wholesale bashing of the amateur community in the general press.

He needs to leave. Now.

--Dr. Detroit

It's nice to see you do not believe in censorship. If someone does not agree with your fat ass, ban him. It's a good thing I did not write a letter to a national newspaper about my concerns about the President, you would have me tossed from the country. Is there a rule on the Island of Unfit hams that if you write a letter to a industry publication IN RESPONSE to another letter (which you do not show) you are banned? To be thought an ass by an ass is a compliment. A few will silently agree with me but are too much of a pussy to say a single word. So what did I say exactly that was incorrect?
My video Truth in ham radio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4
has over 160,000 views far more than the number of readers of Radio World. All my videos are over 760,000 views so I must be saying something of interest.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Wow. Burt's really an attention whore. More Teeny Tiny Pee-Pee Syndrome at work.

If I an an "attention whore" why didn't I post the letter here? Assuming you are correct, thanks for the attention!

k1oik
12-02-2012, 07:15 AM

--Dr. Detroit
Hurting you?
Like this
Field Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnxd1BuVKaU

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 07:15 AM
God, i wish that idiot would just come out of the closet already and maybe then he can quit being such an asshole.

I know, right?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 07:42 AM

When one accuses another they generally have the issues they are foisting on the other, so I found a site for you to help you feel connected.
http://www.rara.org/

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 07:54 AM
This is a really neat video of the NYC. As an aside, the girl at 7:38 is really cute. A couple of nice shots of Buffalo Central Terminal as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=CcC9laB3UFU

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Here's some more interesting reading. New York Central Annual Report from 1950. With pictures and all kinds of goodies.

http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/images/annual-nyc-1950.pdf

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
BTW, on Page 7 of that pdf file there is a neato picture of what is obviously an AM directional array. Wish I knew where that was taken!

N7YA
12-02-2012, 08:28 AM
I think you-know-who is hitting on me....im just going to finish my drink.

ad4mg
12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Is there a rule on the Island of Unfit hams that if you write a letter to a industry publication IN RESPONSE to another letter (which you do not show) you are banned?
Ya know, Burt, we're pretty tolerant here, the 'we' being the staff. Obviously, you are not banned, for you continue to spew your brand of nonsense like everyone else here. The name of the forums here is "The Island of Misfit Hams". If you hold the site in such contempt that you can't even get the name right, why do you return again and again?

We invite people here as our guests, this 'we' being the membership. We've tossed assholes who are so caustic that they can't even appreciate that without a second thought (that 'we' being the staff, acting on behalf of the membership). We (this time meaning everyone) have tolerated your being here for a while now, not without some angst.

Going forward, you would be wise to muster just a minuscule gesture of gratitude towards your hosts (this referring to those who support this place with their time and donations) for putting up with your vitriol.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Ya know, Burt, we're pretty tolerant here, the 'we' being the staff. Obviously, you are not banned, for you continue to spew your brand of nonsense like everyone else here. The name of the forums here is "The Island of Misfit Hams". If you hold the site in such contempt that you can't even get the name right, why do you return again and again?

We invite people here as our guests, this 'we' being the membership. We've tossed assholes who are so caustic that they can't even appreciate that without a second thought (that 'we' being the staff, acting on behalf of the membership). We (this time meaning everyone) have tolerated your being here for a while now, not without some angst.

Going forward, you would be wise to muster just a minuscule gesture of gratitude towards your hosts (this referring to those who support this place with their time and donations) for putting up with your vitriol.

Per your request I will refer on this site the Island of Misfit hams. I should not insult the name of this house you have erected and maintain.
As far as vitriol most of my videos are positive about ham radio and others here are into name calling, profanity and vulgarity. All I do is shine a light on ham radio. Tell me anything I have said that is not based on fact, ANYTHING.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Per your request I will refer on this site the Island of Misfit hams. I should not insult the name of this house you have erected and maintain.
As far as vitriol most of my videos are positive about ham radio and others here are into name calling, profanity and vulgarity. All I do is shine a light on ham radio. Tell me anything I have said that is not based on fact, ANYTHING.

Easy. We could start with your sig line.

kb2crk
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM

90 % of what you spew is OPINION Burt..... Your opinion, not Fact. You do shine a light on ham radio, a very negative light. You make ham radio licensees look like a bunch of fat lazy slobs....
Hate to say it Burt but we are not all like you... Some of us do work with emcomm (yes it exists) and not all who do are whackers in reflective vests. If all you like to do is bash ham radio and the people involved why do you stay in it? It shows that you are only happy when bashing someone or something for any reason... That is a sad way to live your life.... This is all I have to say here.

ad4mg
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Naw, Burt, I don't have a dog in this hunt. What you do with, and how you feel about amateur radio is your personal choice, so the facts are immaterial to me. My main concern is keeping the poop off of the throw rugs, especially in the community hut.

BTW - the name originated from a dare issued Mike, AL2N, the founder and original owner, by an arrogant moderator on QRZ. The QRZ mod told Mike if he didn't like the way they ran their forums, he should leave and start his own forum. He took that dare, and while setting up the phpBB software and pondering a name for the place, he was watching the annual rerun of "Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer" with his kids. The segment near the end of the show, where Hermey and Rudolph stumble upon that island, gave Mike the idea for the "Island of Misfit Hams". It has remained that ever since, almost 7 years ago now.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Oh yeah and... most of the "positive" ham radio stuff you post, both here and on youtube, is talking about how great you are. Almost everything else you post, especially here, is about how shitty every other ham operator and ham radio is.

You're more narcissistic than Oprah, and that's a real accomplishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_xF237oLoU

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
You're more narcissistic than Oprah

Unpossible. No one is more narcissistic than Oprah.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Unpossible. No one is more narcissistic than Oprah.

Wish I could find the clip of Madigan and Jimmy Choo shoes. Freakin' hilarious.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
You know, I have been passing over posts by Burt because of the lack of value he brings, brings to the forum, and just down right boring. But this is Dr. Detroit's thread, so I took a look. Let's break down what Burt published:

1. The following is in response to Radio World coverage of the Hamvention (“Amateur Event Continues to Pack ’Em In,” Aug. 1) and Dan Thomas’s enthusiastic letter to the editor (“Kahn Helped Young Engineers,” Sept. 26).
- “Kahn Helped Young Engineers,” was attributed to a Micheal Graves, not Dan Thomas
Evidence: http://www.rwonline.com/article/kahn-helped-young-engineers/215816
Dan Thomas contribution is titled "Join Hands, Hams".
- Burt's attribution is in error, according to the web link. Careless.

2. I am an extra class ham operator with 52 years on the air.
- Is this some sort of credibility statement? Doesn't impress me.

3. While a very small percentage of hams are like what Dan says, the vast majority do nothing for public service or little to advance the state of the art.
- Do you have data to back up what you say?
a. Public service. Many do public service in one form or another, without credit, anonymous, without glory seeking. The number of hams vastly outweighs public service events.
b. Advance the state of the art. What is your criteria? Have you seen some of our members projects in home brew? What have you done to advance the state of the art?

4. The day of hams being an asset has long ago disappeared except for some rare instances.
- This must include you to (non-asset), as evident by your participation on this forum

5. Hams are appliance operators and sit in their shacks and cackle endlessly about minutia.
- If you listen to the people on this forum, most have done tinkering in one form or another, which is beyond "Appliance Operators". We have people here who build antennas, experiment with antennas, build amplifiers, DDS based VFO's, work on/repair radios. I think you underestimate the ham radio community.

6. They run “contests” where they lie about signal reports and pass useless data.
- I think you missed the point about contesting.

7. The tests are laughable. All the questions and answers are published.
- The tests are in line with the hobby. Answers are published for accountability. This is for a hobby, not to pass the bar exam

8. My daughter passed her exam for the “Tech Plus” when she was eight years old, so how hard could it be?
- Why put down the efforts of a youngster, by attributing the youngsters passing the test because it was so easy? Besides, youngsters are more apt to learn Morse code than adults, and the test is an entry level test to ham radio, you know, to encourage people to participate? There was much concern in declining membership, and competition to other distractions, like the internet.

9. The only skill that was required was Morse Code, and that has been eliminated.
- Morse code was eliminated as a requirement. Let's get this right. Morse code has not been eliminated.

10. Add to this they put up antennas that blight the neighborhood in the name of something they rarely do — public service. This “right of blight” is protected by the FCC (PRB-1 decision).
- Again, operators outnumber public service events, and putting up an antenna on private property, that is not a safety and health hazard, is a right. Too bad for you, isn't it. Why are you not complaining about those taller windmills that you can see from Route 6 as you cross into Cape Cod? A much bigger blight than an antenna.

11. As a teacher, I could not even give away thousands of dollars of donated ham equipment because I merely required the students to use it on the air for 100 contacts or more.
- This statement makes no sense.

12. If you doubt me, listen on the air, and if you can stand it for more than 30 minutes and are not dead asleep, you are a better person than most.
- I use the radio more on the road, and has been a great time passer. Maybe people are avoiding you, just a theory....

By the way Burt, what is your technical and educational background, do you have any?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Easy. We could start with your sig line.
You got to be kidding, my signature line is totally based on fact.

Not everyone is afraid to go against the crowd:
Hope to meet Burt someday.... Love the way he thinks! And I avoid the radio on contest weekends at all cost.... KX4KDH

obxjeepguy (http://www.youtube.com/user/obxjeepguy?feature=em-comment_received) has made a comment on Truth revealed about ham radio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4&lc=L4zv8Ky6HZxKiSlmg0LwTZSGlmOdgOrlCXQPMMLOk7w&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received)

I can already see I am going to be like this guy when I'm older..... Wait, I already AM like him..... Every time I hear "for ID", I want to puke

comm744 (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/comm744) 6 days ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=zEHdHvwgSOZqNG3GLpUQvak1M8AF5S7-Gfsk2FPP0aQ)HaHaHaHAHA Thanks mate more rib busting laughing!

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Something to mull about....

Why do people put each other down?
Some people have a bad habit of hurting other people and making fun of others. That is out of pride and vanity. They want to make themselves important by putting others down and commenting on other's looks. A person who makes such negative comments is himself very weak and insecure, therefore he tries to create self-confidence by hurting others, which is wrong. You can never create confidence by hurting others or putting others down.

Most people in this worlds are superficial and jealous of each other. They may pretend to like you but inside they are really jealous of you. They do not like to see other people ahead of them. They are rajsik. Sometimes people speak very nicely to someone in their presence, but as soon as that person leaves the room they start criticizing their clothes, behavior, and appearance.
http://www.gitananda.org/faq-about-society/why-do-people-put-each-other-down.html

Why do some people complain about everything
There for some reason are always people who will be miserable, and complain about everything. I don't understand what the point of complaining about everything is, because after awhile people will just tune you our, and then where does your complaining get you? I know that life can be tough, and for some it can seem unfair. However, I don't think you get anywhere by constantly complaining.

Why then, do some people insist on complaining non-stop? I think that for some, complaining is a way to get attention to themselves constantly, and to have the focus to be on them. It is not human to look at someone who is suffering, and then not try to help them out. Unfortunately, there are some people who can't see when they are being played, and that is why some complain, because there are those out there who won't tell some people to stop whining.

Another reason why people complain is that in some weird way, it actually makes theme happier overall. I'm not sure why this happens, but some people are never happy unless they are miserable. Maybe they think that if they bring every one else down, they will be at a more manageable level. This never works, and ultimately the person who always whines just ends up alone, and more miserable than they were before.
http://www.helium.com/items/1311850-why-do-some-people-always-complain

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
90 % of what you spew is OPINION Burt..... Your opinion, not Fact. You do shine a light on ham radio, a very negative light. You make ham radio licensees look like a bunch of fat lazy slobs....
Hate to say it Burt but we are not all like you... Some of us do work with emcomm (yes it exists) and not all who do are whackers in reflective vests. If all you like to do is bash ham radio and the people involved why do you stay in it? It shows that you are only happy when bashing someone or something for any reason... That is a sad way to live your life.... This is all I have to say here.

Hams are not lazy, they studied somewhat to get a license and most are pretty intelligent.
A rare few do public service such as yourself. If all I do is bash ham radio how do you explain that vast majority of my videos are positive on ham radio if that' all I do is bash ham radio?

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Hams are not lazy, they studied somewhat to get a license and most are pretty intelligent.
A rare few do public service such as yourself. If all I do is bash ham radio how do you explain that vast majority of my videos are positive on ham radio if that' all I do is bash ham radio?

How about being more positive here? How about contributing positively here?

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
By the way Burt, what is your technical and educational background, do you have any?

Never mind... I found it....

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Naw, Burt, I don't have a dog in this hunt. What you do with, and how you feel about amateur radio is your personal choice, so the facts are immaterial to me. My main concern is keeping the poop off of the throw rugs, especially in the community hut.
This has the appearance of threatening me to be banned. (My main concern is keeping the poop off of the throw rugs, especially in the community hut.)
I thought this was a place of free speech and note I was not the one who posted my letter. So you ban people who cause others to react in a way that is poopy?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Never mind... I found it....

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/burt-fisher/6/304/536
Better than yours?
I see on QRZ you have Lookups: 836
K1OIK: Lookups: 15871

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
And...

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/burt-fisher/341543-t

Interesting feedback...

1. dont' tell this guy anything and you'll be ok..overall a good guy with a bad personality. don't make him mad though..seriously!

2. just don't make him mad but over all good videography teacher at least i think.

3. this guy makes fun of everyone but what he should really do is look in the mirror, he is a very horrible man with no personality.

Overall rating: 60% (I believe that would be a D-)

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Better than yours?
I see on QRZ you have Lookups: 836
K1OIK: Lookups: 15871

You are basing your education and background on the number of QRZ lookups?

You know, you remind me of K1MAN. He probably has more QRZ lookups than you.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh yeah and... most of the "positive" ham radio stuff you post, both here and on youtube, is talking about how great you are. Almost everything else you post, especially here, is about how shitty every other ham operator and ham radio is.

]
Tell me ONE video where I talk about how great I am because there are many far better than I
Which one of these do I talk about how great I am?

ARRL Hike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB9xWClYY2g
ARRL Hike 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QoF71PuMNA

ARRL Boxboro convention
http://youtu.be/CB46Cw5A62U

ARRL Boxboro Flex 2012
http://youtu.be/s0bf5wdtL1Y

Nearfest Part I Oct 2012
http://youtu.be/aTaUmlCMWi8
Nearfest Part II
http://youtu.be/55Na7s-1YP0

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Verified - K1MAN has 74,147 look ups. Still want that as a qualifier?

(Note: AD4MG, 46,648 QRZ look ups)

Number of lookups is a silly criteria, but with your post, Luke is 3X better than you (and that may be insulting to Luke, he is better than that).

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:31 AM
And...

Interesting feedback...

1. dont' tell this guy anything and you'll be ok..overall a good guy with a bad personality. don't make him mad though..seriously!

2. just don't make him mad but over all good videography teacher at least i think.

3. this guy makes fun of everyone but what he should really do is look in the mirror, he is a very horrible man with no personality.

This is about the 10th time this has been sent to me. That site is anonymous. I was a very strict teacher, I busted kids asses and the results you quote were probably from one of those kids. Half my Facebook friends are former students, that appreciated a tough teacher.
This is more typical of what I receive, so how do you explain it?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:33 AM

Number of lookups is a silly criteria, but with your post, Luke is 3X better than you (and that may be insulting to Luke, he is better than that).
You make a valid point
But you barely make 800 which shows you are hardly active.
But what about your qualifications compared to what you posted of mine?

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
You make a valid point
But you barely make 800 which shows you are hardly active

Yes, for the past 5 years, I have been hardly active at QRZ. So what? Number of lookups mean nothing.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:36 AM
This is about the 10th time this has been sent to me. That site is anonymous. I was a very strict teacher, I busted kids asses and the results you quote were probably from one of those kids. Half my Facebook friends are former students, that appreciated a tough teacher.

You missed the point. Nobody is saying you are a complete failure. But there is a disturbing trend in the postings that you may have a temper problem... can you see that?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, for the past 5 years, I have been hardly active at QRZ. So what? Number of lookups mean nothing.
Being active on QRZ has little to do with lookups, being active on the air results in lookups

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM

You really want to go there? Let me start off in stating that the amount of "qualification" does not make a person better than anyone else. Another fact in life, where ever you go, there is always someone else smarter than you. A measure of a person is more than 'qualifications', you have to look at the whole, and the ability to get along with others is far more important than 'qualifications'.

kb2crk
12-02-2012, 10:48 AM

I have yet to see one of your Videos that is 100% positive. just about every post I have seen of yours has been bashing one group or another. I enjoy seeing you throwing look up numbers on QRZ as prove positive you are more active than others. I reset my counter there on a regular basis and I now have to group you with Jerry WD3D as using that qualifier. Congratulations Burt, you use the same proof of your facts as a no code no nothing extra. I am not going to bother replying further to you as you have nothing to add of value.......

ad4mg
12-02-2012, 10:55 AM
This has the appearance of threatening me to be banned. (My main concern is keeping the poop off of the throw rugs, especially in the community hut.)
I thought this was a place of free speech and note I was not the one who posted my letter. So you ban people who cause others to react in a way that is poopy?

You give yourself too much credit. You're not even on my top 10 list of things to be concerned about around here. As to banning people "who cause others to react in a way that is poopy", just pause and ask anyone here about that. My primary reason to date for banning anyone was related to either racism, relentless trolling, or just plain nastiness at a level even this pipefitter/welder of 38 years will not tolerate.

Additionally, unless its an unusually vile situation that requires immediate attention, any action we are forced to take is decided on by committee, where the entire staff weighs in on the decision. So, you may go forward, secure in the knowledge that I am a simple man whose message is conveyed in terms that won't be misunderstood. My comment, that you misconstrued, is rhetorical in reference to the general theme of the site, implying only that I'm one of the several grunts around here that keep the place running, nothing more.

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I've only had my general ticket for three years. In that time, I've racked up around 4400 QRZ look-ups. On a look-ups-per-year basis, I think that compares favorably to Burt--not that that's meaningful in any way.

ad4mg
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Holy cow! I have over 46,000 lookups on QRZ? I'm a bigger asshole than I give myself credit for, considering I was banned from there like 4 or 5 years ago. :lol:

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Holy cow! I have over 46,000 lookups on QRZ? I'm a bigger asshole than I give myself credit for, considering I was banned from there like 4 or 5 years ago. :lol:

But give yourself credit, you are not as bad as K1MAN!

;)

Seriously, Burt is a legend in his own mind.

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Seriously, Burt is a legend in his own mind.

And that's the only place.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
And that's the only place.

Amen!!

N8YX
12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
QRZ lookups?

Even a "rather simple boy" (as his Island sig line once read) managed to figure out how to game that counter and preload it to any figure he desired.

The lookup tally means absolutely, positively nothing.

I have yet to see 'OIK publish one in-depth modification or design article on this site which relates to some aspect of radio theory and advances such. Until then...permanent appliance operator fail.

kb2crk
12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
QRZ lookups?

Even a "rather simple boy" (as his Island sig line once read) managed to figure out how to game that counter and preload it to any figure he desired.

I have yet to see 'OIK publish one in-depth modification or design article on this site which relates to some aspect of radio theory and advances such. Until then...permanent appliance operator fail.

The look up numbers are easily manipulated... I was at 68, then 0, and now over 1.6 million....

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 11:39 AM
And...

Interesting feedback...

OUCH! That aint gonna wash off........

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Being active on QRZ has little to do with lookups, being active on the air results in lookups

Burt, you have so many look-ups because everybody goes to see who that asshat was that made that video. And by the way, if your going to use the system as your "Trophy" learn how to use the system Your true post count is 17,112. Having a high post count doesn't mean you spend lots of time on the air. I have a high post count because I buy and sell allot of stuff. You because of your videos.

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 11:51 AM
QRZ lookups?

The real lookup number is in parenthisis. Example: (BTW, this is my lookup started in 2010)

Lookups
194 (5955)

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
DR_DETROIT you went down swinging over on DA ZED. They deleted your thread on the subject posted here, while I was reading it. Called you a TROLL! Well done!

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 12:05 PM

How about his one, from the same site?:

4. don't make fun of blind kids

WTF, Burt, you make fun of blind kids? Why? Does it make you feel superior somehow?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Faster than pounds

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:09 PM

WTF, Burt, you make fun of blind kids? Why? Does it make you feel superior somehow?
Assumes what posted was true, which it was not.
I could post you are a member of the KKK but that does not make you one nor would I ever think you were

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:12 PM
QRZ lookups?

If the lookup number is low then no one is looking him up due to little activity.
I can fix but cannot design

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 12:13 PM

I noticed that one too, and was going to comment on it, but chose not too. Yes, it does make Burt feel superior.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Faster than pounds

Wow, you make up for lacking in qualifications with personal attacks now..

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I noticed that one too, and was going to comment on it, but chose not too. Yes, it does make Burt feel superior.

There seems to be a trend to the (rather disturbing) comments on that site that reenforces our general consensus that Burt is not a very pleasant person.

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.zuckervati.com/archives/images/bert_is_an_evil_costume.jpg

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
There seems to be a trend to the (rather disturbing) comments on that site that reenforces our general consensus that Burt is not a very pleasant person.

Not only that, Carl, look at his sig line, about personality, then read the observations from his own students; they verify what we have suspected.

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Must be another angry self loathing liberal, then.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
You really want to go there? Let me start off in stating that the amount of "qualification" does not make a person better than anyone else. Another fact in life, where ever you go, there is always someone else smarter than you. A measure of a person is more than 'qualifications', you have to look at the whole, and the ability to get along with others is far more important than 'qualifications'.

I want to go there, WTF are your qualifications, you are the one that brought it up, now you are off on a tangent that it has to do with character. As far as my ability to get along with others. It is important to be respected by those one respects. I care little about the opinion of some hams. Some hams I respect think I am an ass, I value their reasons. Some hams think I have something to say as many of my videos are posted on ham radio sites by the site owners, not me. Then there are the asses that think I am an ass, I welcome to be thought an ass by ass.

Others think I am technical

Thanks for this video Burt. It is a good reference. I am a new ham and love old time equipment. I am building my own transmitters (crystal based) with Tube technology and have been looking for a matching receiver

KA9MOT
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM

No biggie.....especially when you consider the source. Easily ignored.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:28 PM

What personal attack?
Of course no one has attacked me or posted links to anonymous false statements
Pot Kettle Black

NQ6U
Not only that, Carl, look at his sig line, about personality, then read the observations from his own students; they verify what we have suspected.

Yes, I agree—it's pretty clear that he is indeed an insufferable jerkoff.

Isn't it amazing how often first impressions turn out to be correct?

KA9MOT
Others think I am technical

Thanks for this video Burt. It is a good reference. I am a new ham and love old time equipment. I am building my own transmitters (crystal based) with Tube technology and have been looking for a matching receiver

Ahhh... a new ham! He has yet to learn what a good technical reference is....... After-all, wasn't it you who says even dummies can pass the tests?

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:32 PM

My students WHO ARE NOT HAMS think different.
Dave Gimblett (http://www.facebook.com/dave.gimblett)

I know your not a softie but its the truth! You were tough but always made us learn from our mistakes! Taught us that life isn't always.fair! Taught us to work hard..I could go on...I talk about you frequently when I'm comparing teachers my kids have! By the way teachers are way to easy on kids today! I hope retired life treating you well! I hope your finally spending all that $! Between stock market and money you saved on gas all those years. You should be doing ok! Lol..have great Bday Burt

Meet me on the air, I have not one taker yet because hams are hiders behind the keyboard

k1oik
12-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Ahhh... a new ham! He has yet to learn what a good technical reference is....... After-all, wasn't it you who says even dummies can pass the tests?
I never said dummies could pass the test, my daughter was no dummy, but she was eight years old.
So the test is at a third grade level

K7SGJ
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
If I an an "attention whore" why didn't I post the letter here? Assuming you are correct, thanks for the attention!

Burt, I am personally engaging you on this.

For starters, you only address the things that YOU personally despise about Amateur Radio. That is your First Amendment right to publish this drivel, but to truly address ham radio, balanced and objectively, you conveniently omitted some of the positive aspects, which is easy to do with your blinders adjusted to such a narrow field of view. You have always negatively attacked this hobby, one that you have chosen to test for, and be licensed in, and, by your own admission, be an active participant.

Your arguments would be akin to condemning the teaching profession, which you obviously hold in high esteem, for being one filled with only child predators, deviates, and molesters. This would be an easy assumption to make due to the high profile coverage of a few who do engage in these deplorable activities. These isolated cases can tarnish the reputation of teachers, and negate all the positive accomplishments of educators, as a whole. Anyone who would spend a few moments of their time to investigate the entire education process, would show that the positive aspects far outweigh the negative. Just as the actions of a few of the people of color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, political affiliation, can pollute the entire group, and prejudice those of other groups and affiliations. Just like you do to the hobby of radio. It is people like these, and you, that are, in my opinion, the main cause for much of the hatred and discontent we now see in society. Too much time and emphasis is focused on our differences and ends up be divisive, and keeps everyone from working together to solve the inequities between classes and find worktable solutions and compromises to solve the problems that face us.

You are much like these divisive people. You only see and post about the things that you object to about this hobby. It is true the role of amateur radio in the performance of emergency communications has given way to more reliable communication and operation by trained professionals during times of disaster or emergency. Few will argue that. But ham radio is much more than that, and the narrow definitions you always seem to apply. There are many aspects of ham radio you never address. I, and many others, enjoy talking to people in different lands and of different cultures to learn more about what life is like outside their own little bubble. As a teacher, how many children would you guess have a better understanding of geography, as an example, due to their participation in radio? I know it helped me by wanting to find out just where some of these far away places are that other ham operators I have talked with, lived. Not everyone is an "appliance operator", Burt. Maybe the ones in your small circle are, but I talk to many who don't have access to store bought equipment and have to scrounge and build their own. Others may have commercial radios that they have repaired, modified, and even improved, all the while learning more about electronics and communications.

And what about all the hams trying to improve their station by experimenting with antenna design, learning about wave propagation, and all the other aspects that are an integral part of this hobby? Not everyone has an antenna such as you describe. Many have to be creative and adaptive, another positive aspect of this hobby. You seem to apply your actions, likes, dislikes, and general values to those of others. Diversity of interest is what is right about this hobby. There are so many facets and areas of interest for everyone. Some like to rag chew, some like contests, some like HF others VHF and beyond. There is emcom, skywarn, digital, QRP, ATV, MARS, and more. Some are in this hobby to provide communication, coordination and safety for special events, and only use their license to be of service. Each and everyone is in it for what they enjoy, be it a sliver or a wide area of interest.

You have a propensity to condemn the entire ham radio community because YOU CHOOSE to focus on the areas you dislike, and it is always the same old mantra with you. I know I'm not alone when I say I am truly tired of your whining and complaining about the same things over and over. All you do is seek a new venue and audience to air your negative opinions. Believe me, Burt, everyone has heard it one place or another. It has gotten very old, tiring, and nonproductive.

How about a little focus on what's RIGHT with the hobby? If you don't like the way ham radio is, either expend some of your endless literary skills to contact those that can change it, or just shut the fuck up.

I've been a licensed operator a hell of a lot longer than you have, Burt. You know what that's worth? Not a thing, zero, zip, nada, so quit throwing that bullshit around. It matters not, and doesn't make your take on ham radio worth any more or less than mine, the newly licensed ham, the contester, or anyone else. There have been many changes in ham radio that I agree with, and some I don't agree with. The ones I don't care for must not be all that important to me, because I have expended no effort to try to change them, and have just accepted them for what they are, and modified my participation to conform to the new standards and practices. It is what it is.

What is it you want, Burt? The elimination of the Amateur Radio Service. A complete revamping of the R&Rs that prohibit contests and everything else you object to? Barring commercial manufacturing of radio equipment? The end of experimentation, and learning by our youth? The end of a pastime for older people, or those with no one to talk to or spend time with? Do you feel that kids today are not capable of learning on their own and need a teacher such as yourself, thus increasing your own self worth. You've spent a lot of time and resources telling anyone who would listen, or read, everything wrong with this hobby according to BURT. What is right with it, according to Burt?

I've never seen anything from you that presents anything in a positive perspective. Maybe you have in one of your "videos", but I quit looking at them after the first few that were focused on bashing ham radio. I'm sure that in your "teaching" career, you had, and maybe even implemented some ideas to make the process better or improve the experience for your "students". How about doing the same thing for ham radio, if you are capable?

So, how about it Burt. What do you want? What is your motivation? How do you see ham radio? How would you like to see it change to make it a better fit for you? What would you like to see happen to those who participate in the hobby that don't conform to your idea of what it should be?

If you don't like this hobby, get the fuck out of it, and find something that will make your miserable existence a little happier. Quit being such a negative influence of those that enjoy the hobby. I wonder how many people have lost interest and exited the hobby because of people like you, Burt. I don't know about anyone else, but I believe your constant complaining and bitching is really a drag on the hobby. Go spend some time with, or write to, some of the kids whose life in which you claim you've made such a difference. Do something positive, contribute something worthwhile to some person, cause, or hobby, and give ham bashing a fucking a rest.

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickenego.jpg

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I want to go there, WTF are your qualifications...

Why didn't I think about using PM in the first place....

{Sent via PM}
{Available on Request}

Yeah, I am heavy technically.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Of course no one has attacked me or posted links to anonymous false statements

Can you prove that they are false? The fact that you mention 'personality' in your sig line correlates from these 'anonymous' postings, but in fact, it shows consistency.

wa6mhz
12-02-2012, 01:03 PM
He needs TAR and FEATHERING!!!

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Meet me on the air, I have not one taker yet because hams are hiders behind the keyboard

I'll do you one better... I frequent the Cape during the off-season, next time I am out that way, we can have a coffee break at the Dunkin' Donuts/Burger King at the rest stop off of route 6 west bound (After Dennis), do you know where I am talking about? Do you play golf, Burt? We can play a round of golf at Wellfleet or Truro.

N8YX
12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
If the lookup number is low then no one is looking him up due to little activity.

An adage regarding causation and correlation comes to mind here...

I can fix but cannot design

And why not?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
And...

Interesting feedback...

You missed this gem:

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/images/static_stars/1-star.png don't make fun of blind kids

Yeah, Burt's a prize :sick:

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Hahahahaha! What was your first clue there?

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Nah. He just needs to have his HT removed from his colon.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
You got to be kidding, my signature line is totally based on fact.

Not everyone is afraid to go against the crowd:
Hope to meet Burt someday.... Love the way he thinks! And I avoid the radio on contest weekends at all cost.... KX4KDH

obxjeepguy (http://www.youtube.com/user/obxjeepguy?feature=em-comment_received) has made a comment on Truth revealed about ham radio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4&lc=L4zv8Ky6HZxKiSlmg0LwTZSGlmOdgOrlCXQPMMLOk7w&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received)

I can already see I am going to be like this guy when I'm older..... Wait, I already AM like him..... Every time I hear "for ID", I want to puke

comm744 (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/comm744) 6 days ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=zEHdHvwgSOZqNG3GLpUQvak1M8AF5S7-Gfsk2FPP0aQ)HaHaHaHAHA Thanks mate more rib busting laughing!

All this proves is that you're not the only asshole in the world. It also proves my comment about you and Oprah and narcissism.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM

Funny thing Burt.... Kids aren't stupid. They know the difference between a tough teacher who cares and a teacher who's tough because he's simply an asshole. You're an asshole here and you're an asshole on youtube.... Why should we be surprised that you're an asshole in the classroom?

I suggest you look at the commentary left for many of the other teachers at your school. http://www.ratemyteachers.com/cape-cod-region-voc-tech/9779-s

Some bad, most good. You Burt, are simply a narcissistic asshole. End of story.

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 02:19 PM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2733/4319207411_a2a38d3777_z.jpg

:snicker:

Captions, anyone?

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 02:24 PM
"Emcomm wacker confronted with first real emergency."

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I have two...

I need to pee, bad.

You voted for Mitt?

:mrgreen:

W3WN
12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
He needs TAR and FEATHERING!!!Ah, Pat? Don't take this the wrong way, but considering the animosity that OIK has thrown your way in the past, here and elsewhere... perhaps it's best you sit this one out, as your feelings (while warranted) are clearly colored against him.

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Well folks, this IS "The Beauty in Ham Radio".

Didn't that win an Emmy? :roll:

n2ize
12-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Wow, K1MAN beats out a certain Canadian ham by over 10,000... That is impressive.

n2ize
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Funny thing Burt.... Kids aren't stupid. They know the difference between a tough teacher who cares and a teacher who's tough because he's simply an asshole. You're an asshole here and you're an asshole on youtube.... Why should we be surprised that you're an asshole in the classroom?

I suggest you look at the commentary left for many of the other teachers at your school. http://www.ratemyteachers.com/cape-cod-region-voc-tech/9779-s

Some bad, most good. You Burt, are simply a narcissistic asshole. End of story.

From my experiences with teaching (college level) I found that being excessively tough or hard is not necessarily. Of course there is a difference between the college level and the grammar school or junior or senior high school level. An excellent teacher does not have to bust the students asses to be effective. I would say the mark of a good teacher is one who enjoys teaching others what he knows, who had a deep seated interest in whatever the subject he/she teaches. A good teacher does not make the work excessively hard, nor does he make it too simple. Instead he makes it challenging. "Effective and challenging", that is what I consider a good teacher.

w2amr
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Nah. He just needs to have his HT removed from his colon.If you pull the plug, won't his brains will fall out?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHfrU3PSQ

Well I was drivin' down I-95 the other night.
Somebody nearly cut me right off the road.
I decided it wasn't gonna do any good to get mad.
So I wrote a song about him instead.

It goes like this...

Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an asshole tonight.
Yes you're an A S S H O L E...
And don't you try to blame it on me.

You deserve all the credit.
You're an asshole tonight.
You were an asshole yesterday.
You're an asshole tonight.
And I've got a feelin'
you'll be an asshole the rest of your life.

And I was talkin' to your mother
just the other night.
I told her I thought you were an asshole.
She said, "Yes. I think you're right."
And all your friends are assholes
'cause you've known them your whole life.
And somebody told me
you've got an asshole for a wife.

Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an asss...hole tonight.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.rubberslug.com/img_show.aspx?ImageID=769203&X=530&Section=Item

Dr. Detroit
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
DR_DETROIT you went down swinging over on DA ZED. They deleted your thread on the subject posted here, while I was reading it. Called you a TROLL! Well done!

Yeah, I was kinda surprised they shut it down. Oh well. My worldwide campaign to shame frothing assholes just isn't on track today.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Even a "rather simple boy" (as his Island sig line once read) ...

Holy shit, this is getting creepy. If my marvelous movie memory serves me, "a rather simple boy" is the line Hannibal Lechter used to describe another torturer/murderer he felt particularly akin to.

Mr. Fisher just took on a whole new dimension of CREEP and YUK that makes me want to just get the fuck outta here.

Dr. Detroit

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
You missed the point. Nobody is saying you are a complete failure. But there is a disturbing trend in the postings that you may have a temper problem... can you see that?
That is one problem I do not have. Plus in ham radio it is so unimportant it is virtually impossible for me to be upset by anything related to it.
You posted your qualifications to me privately. Let me inform the readers this guy has it totally all over me in technical qualifications, totally.

KJ3N
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I was kinda surprised they shut it down.

That's either the most disingenuous comment I've seen in a while, or the most naive. I'm still trying to decide which.

WØTKX
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Both. Parodox is very Zen. ;)

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Can you prove that they are false? The fact that you mention 'personality' in your sig line correlates from these 'anonymous' postings, but in fact, it shows consistency.

You are an extremely smart man who says something extremely stupid. Can I prove I did not say something going back 8 years, no. Can you prove you never said anything racist?
"Correlation does not imply causation"

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I'll do you one better... I frequent the Cape during the off-season, next time I am out that way, we can have a coffee break at the Dunkin' Donuts/Burger King at the rest stop off of route 6 west bound (After Dennis), do you know where I am talking about? Do you play golf, Burt? We can play a round of golf at Wellfleet or Truro.
You are totally welcome at my home or to meet anywhere of your choosing. I do not play golf.
I live in Sandwich

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
You are welcome to try

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Let me inform the readers this guy has it totally all over me in technical qualifications, totally.

I'm sure a lot of people do. Guess what? Nobody cares.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
An adage regarding causation and correlation comes to mind here...

And why not?

I am incapable of design

N7YA
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM

Speaking of which, i think its time to make my small seasonal donation to the site...christmas approaching and all. Anyone else?:)

k1oik
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
From my experiences with teaching (college level) .

College is slightly different than public school. Students pay to be there, you do have to discipline which is about 50% of the job.
I have taught Adult Ed, that is so easy compared to public school.
To teach college:
1. You have to be qualified
To teach public school"
You also have to have classroom management, motivate, be interesting, have a shoulder to cry on. Did you ever have to deal with a suicidal student? One who was raped by a family member. I have helped them, in some cases the only one she would talk to

N1LAF
12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
You are an extremely smart man who says something extremely stupid. Can I prove I did not say something going back 8 years, no. Can you prove you never said anything racist?
"Correlation does not imply causation"

Think so? Doesn't really matter what each message says exactly, but the fact that multiple entries, in a unique way, points to personality, and you have 'personality' content in your sig line, suggests that you are either aware of a communications problem, or others or telling you that there is a communications problem, and either not listening, or in denial. I don't think it is any accident or coincidence that the reviews plus your sig line has 'personality' as content. You can nit pick the individual merits, but take a step back, and look at a bigger picture... you may or may not see it. People are giving you feedback, why are you discarding it, not using it?

N7YA
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Seriously, that gets you a medal over here. :lol:

Lets see here, if i go off the deep end and become a raving, closeted sociopath, i can have cyber-testimonials too...lets see here....

"Adam is the most awesomest ham on the face of the earth! He looks hawt in his skin tight bicycle racing shirt that i personally dont feel he is WAY too old to be wearing." - Joe, AB4CDEF

"Way to go Adam! Tell the man how it is! Its about time someone stood up to the people holding us back!" - Abe Lincoln

"He bought me beer once in exchange for holding a video camera up and saying some nice things about him. He wasnt too nasty and only grabbed my ass a couple of times. I guess hes ok" - Jim "Big Poppa Bear" Ch 19 Come owwwnnnn!

"Adam, i know you were hardon me. But if it wasnt for your teachings, and staying on top of me all those years, i never could have accomplished all the things that made me famous. Ill never forget the time we spent together" - Jeffery Dahmer

So if im not totally important in my own mind, then what do you say to THESE??

KJ3N
12-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Lets see here, if i go off the deep end and become a raving, closeted sociopath, i can have cyber-testimonials too...lets see here....

"Adam is the most awesomest ham on the face of the earth! He looks hawt in his skin tight bicycle racing shirt that i personally dont feel he is WAY too old to be wearing." - Joe, AB4CDEF

"Way to go Adam! Tell the man how it is! Its about time someone stood up to the people holding us back!" - Abe Lincoln

"He bought me beer once in exchange for holding a video camera up and saying some nice things about him. He wasnt too nasty and only grabbed my ass a couple of times. I guess hes ok" - Jim "Big Poppa Bear" Ch 19 Come owwwnnnn!

"Adam, i know you were hardon me. But if it wasnt for your teachings, and staying on top of me all those years, i never could have accomplished all the things that made me famous. Ill never forget the time we spent together" - Jeffery Dahmer

:rofl: :rofl:

N7YA
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Faster than pounds

Speaking of which, how are those man boobs of yours falling off? You find a mate yet?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
One who was raped by a family member. I have helped them, in some cases the only one she would talk to

Riiiight. My Bullshitmeter went off scale with this one.

K7SGJ
12-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Heh heh heh, he said hardon. :bbh:

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 05:48 PM

OMFG!!! Dude I can't see through the tears in my eyes. :rofl:

N7YA
12-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Careful, pat, he will think its a date.

N7YA
12-02-2012, 06:02 PM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2733/4319207411_a2a38d3777_z.jpg

:snicker:

Captions, anyone?

:lol: None needed.

Dr. Detroit
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
That's either the most disingenuous comment I've seen in a while, or the most naive. I'm still trying to decide which.

I don't have much experience with qrz.com, but I thought that the Radio World letter was a 100% legit topic. I was careful to avoid any semblance of an an hominem attack in the qrz.com post, and it was composed with much greater restraint than my post that launched this thread. The theme was, "should hams be airing harsh opinions about amateur radio in the national media," not "look what a fucktard Burt is."

The interesting thing is that the post was screened and approved by one moderator (my account, because of its newness, is subject to all posts being approved prior to publication), and subsequently deleted by a second moderator. So maybe there is an honest difference of opinion about what's acceptable on qrz.com. It's all OK with me.

The only important question here (to me) is: What should be the social consequences for a ham who goes out of his way to libel his fellow hobbyists (and the hobby itself) in the national media? There will be no consensus on qrz.com, because the topic was quashed almost immediately. There's not much of a consensus here, either, but at least the discussion has been allowed to run its course. I appreciate that.

Dr. Detroit

KG4CGC
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't have much experience with qrz.com, but I thought that the Radio World letter was a 100% legit topic. I was careful to avoid any semblance of an an hominem attack in the qrz.com post, and it was composed with much greater restraint than my post that launched this thread. The theme was, "should hams be airing harsh opinions about amateur radio in the national media," not "look what a fucktard Burt is."

The interesting thing is that the post was screened and approved by one moderator (my account, because of its newness, is subject to all posts being approved prior to publication), and subsequently deleted by a second moderator. So maybe there is an honest difference of opinion about what's acceptable on qrz.com. It's all OK with me.

The only important question here (to me) is: What should be the social consequences for a ham who goes out of his way to libel his fellow hobbyists (and the hobby itself) in the national media? There will be no consensus on qrz.com, because the topic was quashed almost immediately. There's not much of a consensus here, either, but at least the discussion has been allowed to run its course. I appreciate that.

Dr. Detroit

Let's look at it this way. What if he was a cop and he came out on a national media outlet and said all cops are bad and should be jailed? I'm trying to find an analogous way to relate what happens in certain professions when a member speaks poorly about his own kind.
In a work environment, the company snitch becomes a useful tool before the bosses feed him back to the lions.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Dr. Detroit

The consensus here for quite a while now is that oikey's a narcissistic douchebag who in the grand scheme of ham radio is a fart in the wind and best left ignored. Anyone with any sense can tell by viewing just one of his videos that he's not playing with a full deck. Let him write all the letters he wants. If he sways public opinion of ham radio enough to actually damage it, then ham radio and our society is doomed anyway so just shoot me now. I'm of the opinion that for every douchecanoe like Burt and K1MAN who make us look like retards, there are hundreds more decent ham operators who don't.

Oikey's our little self-made pariah. He plays mostly within the rules, so for now, we're the cats and he's our token mouse. We'll play with him for a while, but sooner or later, he's going to get boring and we'll just eat him for lunch.

KG4CGC
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
But for now, we're the flys and he's our token turd. We'll eat on him for a little while but eventually he's going to dry up and blow away in the wind.

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 07:41 PM
But for now, we're the flys and he's our token turd. We'll eat on him for a little while but eventually he's going to dry up and blow away in the wind.

Nope, not a fly. Sly, bitchy tabby cat with big grin and one paw on the tail.

KG4CGC
12-02-2012, 07:43 PM

I wanted to work in the turd and drying up and blowing away in the wind angle.

Two flys on a date. The boy fly says to the girl fly, "Care for more turd?"

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wfq0dt.jpg

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I wanted to work in the turd and drying up and blowing away in the wind angle.

Two flys on a date. The boy fly says to the girl fly, "Care for more turd?"

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wfq0dt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog

N7YA
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Even if he succeeds in turning the planet against ham radio (odd goal to have, but whatever), then those of us who actually still enjoy playing with radios wont notice a single thing different than what we already experience...the world doesnt give a shit about us to begin with. He should try debunking NASCAR if he really wants to gain attack dog brownie points.

KJ3N
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
He should try debunking NASCAR if he really wants to gain attack dog brownie points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOr8ktt1oAA

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Hahahahaha! Nice.

Dr. Detroit
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Let him write all the letters he wants. If he sways public opinion of ham radio enough to actually damage it, then ham radio and our society is doomed anyway so just shoot me now. I'm of the opinion that for every douchecanoe like Burt and K1MAN who make us look like retards, there are hundreds more decent ham operators who don't.

Well, I think you've peeled back all the layers of this discussion and gotten to the core truth. And that's where my brain will come to rest on this topic.

I've never heard the expression "douchecanoe" before -- I'll be using it now, each time thinking of Burt.

Cheers
Dr. Detroit

k1oik
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Mr. Fisher just took on a whole new dimension of CREEP and YUK that makes me want to just get the fuck outta here.

Dr. Detroit

Please do not use a word no woman would do with you

k1oik
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
not "look what a fucktard Burt is."

Dr. Detroit
"Fucktard?" Real classy
The defense of libel is truth, what is in my letter that is not based on fact?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM

I'd much sooner fuck him than you.

n2ize
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Even if he succeeds in turning the planet against ham radio (odd goal to have, but whatever), then those of us who actually still enjoy playing with radios wont notice a single thing different than what we already experience...the world doesnt give a shit about us to begin with. He should try debunking NASCAR if he really wants to gain attack dog brownie points.

He don't want to set the world on against ham radio.
He just wants to start a flame on your BBS.. ;)

k1oik
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
The consensus here for quite a while now is that oikey's a narcissistic douchebag who in the grand scheme of ham radio is a fart in the wind and best left ignored. .

Why is it hams tell others to ignore but don't do it themselves?
With over 1800 reads I am hardly being ignored. I am the best thing that happened to this sleepy forum
Thank you for giving me so much attention

n2ize
12-02-2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
With over 1800 reads I am hardly being ignored. I am the best thing that happened to this sleepy forum

Don't flatter yourself, Attention Whore. You're fun for a little while but you get boring really quick. Believe me you're not needed here.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Do you show this type of class when you do your voiceovers?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Do you show this type of class when you do your voiceovers?

More class than you show here.

http://c580019.r19.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/attention_whore.jpg

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM

KC9ECI
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
The bullshit filters here work wonders.
http://i.imgur.com/hla6d.jpg

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.weightwatchers.com/Templates/Gateway/Gateway_VHome_2col_RightRail.aspx?pageid=1390221

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
He don't want to set the world on against ham radio.
He just wants to start a flame on your BBS.. ;)
charangito

Hilarious! I don't agree with EVERYTHING Burt says, but it IS very entertaining. There are many great curmudgeons in the ham hobby - especially as our demographics slide to the "OF" range..."curmudgeonry" is an Art Form; Burt, at least, tempers his barbs with humor. I am avoiding browsing all the angry comments, but I would gently offer the suggestion that those who are bent out of shape over this need need to lighten up. Spend more time operating vs flaming each other on youtube

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.weightwatchers.com/Templates/Gateway/Gateway_VHome_2col_RightRail.aspx?pageid=1390221

Hahahaha! You're trying to say I'm fat? Nice try, Attention Whore. I'll bet I weigh less than you do and I'm probably taller. Better luck with your next attempt at an insult.

k1oik
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Hahahaha! You're trying to say I'm fat? Nice try, Attention Whore. I'll bet I weigh less than you do and I'm probably taller. Better luck with your next attempt at an insult.
5'11" 183 pounds
and you?

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 10:39 PM
5'11" 183 pounds
and you?

I don't go around disclosing my weight, thank you. And if you were a true gentleman like you claim to be, you wouldn't ask. Suffice it to say that I'm not fat and that's all you need to know. It's bad enough knowing you probably fap to my picture.

NQ6U
12-02-2012, 10:45 PM

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM

Hahahahaha! Nice. Those moobs push him over the edge.

KC9SQR
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
5'11" 183 pounds
and you?

I'll take that one for her... I'm 6'2" 170 pounds
Not all hams are fat unless your stereotyping through some type of "I'm better than everyone" elitist attitude...

With the way I've seen you throwing the weight topic at people on here, I'm really surprised that you aren't all over the too fat to fly thread over yonder.... I figure you'd have PLENTY to say on that since it seems you have an issue with other peoples weight... Which I might add doesn't seem to effect you in any way that I can see, why does that seem to bother you so much? Is it possibly the only straw you have to try to grasp at to shoot low blows to people? Weight isn't the topic of this btw... Just in case you missed that...

I think a lot of people don't really have an issue with the topics you bring up, but the way you do it.. A lot of your videos come across as if you have something against ham radio... Or is it just the operators? Or is it just generally being a drama queen?

And >IF< you do have a problem with ham radio or the operators that ham radio consists of, why would you insist on being part of it still? This confuses me just a little... Me personally if there is something about a hobby, or a place that I don't like, I just don't go there anymore...

I don't like contesting, mainly because of the false 5 9 RST's that are given.. But do you see me going around on the internet on some one man crusade protesting to the world the evils of contesting? No.. I just simply don't participate, and go find something else to do... It REALLY is that simple...

Now on the flip side I'm glad there are contesters and contests to run... They keep our bands in use... I'm sure you know as well as anyone else, if one of our ham bands sits silent, and unused long enough, the FCC will try to find another use for those freqs...

You really do come across as an elitist that feels he's better than everyone else... Not sure why, but you do... I'm also not trying to pick on you here, just trying to help a bit here... Although probably a waste of time even trying...

KJ3N
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM

Well, by that chart, I'm fucked.

5' 8"

N2CHX
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Not all hams are fat unless your stereotyping through some type of "I'm better than everyone" elitist attitude...

With the way I've seen you throwing the weight topic at people on here, I'm really surprised that you aren't all over the too fat to fly thread over yonder.... I figure you'd have PLENTY to say on that since it seems you have an issue with other peoples weight... Which I might add doesn't seem to effect you in any way that I can see, why does that seem to bother you so much? Is it possibly the only straw you have to try to grasp at to shoot low blows to people? Weight isn't the topic of this btw... Just in case you missed that...

I think a lot of people don't really have an issue with the topics you bring up, but the way you do it.. A lot of your videos come across as if you have something against ham radio... Or is it just the operators? Or is it just generally being a drama queen?

And >IF< you do have a problem with ham radio or the operators that ham radio consists of, why would you insist on being part of it still? This confuses me just a little... Me personally if there is something about a hobby, or a place that I don't like, I just don't go there anymore...

I don't like contesting, mainly because of the false 5 9 RST's that are given.. But do you see me going around on the internet on some one man crusade protesting to the world the evils of contesting? No.. I just simply don't participate, and go find something else to do... It REALLY is that simple...

Now on the flip side I'm glad there are contesters and contests to run... They keep our bands in use... I'm sure you know as well as anyone else, if one of our ham bands sits silent, and unused long enough, the FCC will try to find another use for those freqs...

You really do come across as an elitist that feels he's better than everyone else... Not sure why, but you do... I'm also not trying to pick on you here, just trying to help a bit here... Although probably a waste of time even trying...

^^
What he said.

VE7DCW
12-02-2012, 11:21 PM

You know Burt....... your attempts at trying to provoke everyone around you,wether here or on QRZ,is really getting old and tiresome.You seem to take great joy in pissing off people as a thing to do.I would read your crap and chalk it up as the ramblings of a cynic of the Amateur radio hobby and generally ignore it as harmless vitriol,a person who is speaking freely.You seem to be trolling for trouble,and personally if I had the power,I would chuck your ass out in to the cornfield for a little personal time,and just to give the members of this forum a little break from your brand of BS......but thats just me....once again.......I could be wrong... :-|

KC9SQR
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM

And I believe Burt was saying something about a pot meeting a kettle earlier?
Oh the irony.... :)

N7YA
12-03-2012, 01:48 AM

....or what most men wouldnt do with you, despite your begging.

N8YX
12-03-2012, 05:58 AM
5'11" 183 pounds

I'd say you need to eat a cheeseburger or two.

A lady friend of mine - former coworker and softball player - was size 4, stood 5'7" and weighed 200lbs. Absolutely rock-solid with probably 3% body fat. If you plugged her numbers into a BMI calculator she would be considered morbidly obese.

As it is, that system is totally flawed.

Another point of failure on your part.

N8YX
12-03-2012, 06:04 AM
And I believe Burt was saying something about a pot meeting a kettle earlier?
Oh the irony.... :)
More from "Mr. I Cannot".

This in reference to the

I cannot design

bit a few pages back: If anyone told our high-school electronics teacher "I cannot", they would have had themselves a new asshole ripped right there in front of the class.

Rightly so, because the only thing limiting a person's abilities is (wait for it...) that person.

Excuses don't cut it.

W3WN
12-03-2012, 08:20 AM
< snip >
sooner or later, he's going to get boring and we'll just eat him for lunch.Ugh. No thanks. Trafe!

W3WN
12-03-2012, 08:24 AM
5'11" 183 pounds
and you?Careful Kel. I think this is his way, in his own unique... style? sure style... of working up the nerve to asking you out on a date.

KJ3N
12-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Excuses don't cut it.

Especially on Da Bowl. ;)

KJ3N
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Careful Kel. I think this is his way, in his own unique... style? sure style... of working up the nerve to asking you out on a date.

N2CHX
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM

I was laughing at that too. Not to be mean to him or anything, but have a policy against dating guys with no personality. One thing's certain: Burt's description of ham radio operators fits himself quite perfectly. So his chances of landing a date in Kelliville are..... well.... zero.

kb2vxa
12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Elton John said the advantage of being bi is it doubles his chances of getting a date on Saturday night. That would make Burt's chances 00 but I digress. What I can't understand is why you guys engage him as so much troll bait. We have lovely beaches so why swim in the swamp? Obviously his sole purpose for being is to stir you up, can't you see it?

WØTKX
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Because he would collapse to invisibility without the attention, the poor misguided soul.
Some can't have that on their conscience. Keep your stick on the ice. I guess.

http://interactive.wxxi.org/files/images/highlights/RedGreen_0.jpg

W3WN
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Dr. DetroitI wanted to give this reply some thought instead of shooting from the hip (so to speak).

I agree that the topic appeared to be legit. You showed, IMHO, great restraint in making the post about the Radio World letter, not the letter writer. IMHO, when a ham -- ANY ham -- makes a public statement of that nature that causes or potentially causes harm, directly or indirectly, to other hams & to our public image, and does so not on the basis of (IMHO) facts but opinions & innuendos... the matter should be a cause for concern, and it is quite reasonable for someone to raise the proverbial red flag and question the statement.

(Boy, was THAT a lousy run-on sentence. Good thing for me we don't have any English Grammer teachers in the audience)

So why was it deleted?

I don't know. And I'm not in a position to ask. But with that caveat in mind, I suspect that even though the topic was legit, it quickly veered off (thanks to inputs from The Usual Subjects, or if you prefer, with apologies to William C. Gaines, The Usual Gang of Idiots) into the ad hominem attacks (or close enough) to give said thread the appearance of being a personal attack.

Now when you also factor in some mitigating circumstances... namely recent posts from Joe KB3ZGV (who just got his arse banned for what clearly WERE troll posts, sorry to say... I've tried to help him on some things via PM, but never mind, that's another story for another thread), I suspect that your post got caught up in a "close all troll threads" movement. And it shouldn't have.

Finally, you ask "what should be the social consequences?" That's a darn good question. Everyone is entitled to an opinion... even when the opinions are stupid, and/or the holders of the opinion are as well, speaking generically. OTOH, an application of one of the Golden Rules should be a matter of common sense. (Which Golden Rule? "If you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut." And yes, "common" sense is a misnomer).

In general, the ham who makes statements like these should be prepared to explain his or her self. And be prepared to admit that they might be wrong, or might have taken things out of context. If they are not prepared for these circumstances, or worse, are obstinate & stubborn & will not listen to reason (such as a certain bearded Texan when it comes to non-AX.25 digital modes), then should not be surprised or disappointed that they find themselves excluded from polite company & polite conversation, or that their opinions are no longer taken seriously.

My experience has been that when a person can not defend their statements, but instead resorts to insults and innuendo -- ie, ad hominem attacks -- this is indirect but definitive proof that there is little or no factual basis in their statements. They can't defend their position, so they attack those who question them for daring to do so. Well, IMHO, if "the emperor has no clothes!", they deserve to be, er, exposed as such.

The pity of it is that so many of these induhviduals who are in this category actually do have something positive to contribute. But since they set themselves up to be martyred, or to at least be ignored, whatever positive contributions that they could make are lost... and what they did in the past is ignored. At least until such a time as they swallow their enormous egos, own up to their mistakes, and request (after proper pennance when required) to be considered a valuable asset to the Amateur Service and our community again.

Pity. But if they want to know who's fault it is, they only need to look in the mirror.

k1oik
12-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Hahahahaha! Nice. Those moobs push him over the edge.

Yes my BMI is 26, so I am fat but I can lose weight can you stop being vulgar?

k1oik
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM

I have nothing against ham radio, just the habits of some hams.
The reason I stay in the hobby, and that is all it is, a hobby, is these always a few good apples in every rotten barrel.
You manner of speaking is certainly classier than virtually all here.
I am hardly elite in any way. I joined ham radio because I needed to find a group where I could not feel like a social loser.
And before you see that as an opening for all kinds of insults. My electronics shop class listened to some hams and the students after monitoring for a few hours said shut off those losers

k1oik
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Careful Kel. I think this is his way, in his own unique... style? sure style... of working up the nerve to asking you out on a date.

The girl I am in a relationship with is 100 pounds a research physicist (https://forums.hamisland.net/search?q=physicist&start=0&spell=1) working on a Phd. I have never heard her utter any profanity
I saw a picture of Kel on Linken, she is very attractive physically but ugly in character

w0aew
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
The girl I am in a relationship with is 100 pounds

You live in the UK?

N8YX
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
The girl I am in a relationship with is 100 pounds a research physicist (https://forums.hamisland.net/search?q=physicist&start=0&spell=1) working on a Phd.
I almost hate to steal Corey's line, but:

Dr. Detroit
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Good thing for me we don't have any English Grammer teachers in the audience

Heh ... actually, I taught college journalism for a while, so I'm kind of an English teacher. BTW, it's "grammar," not "grammer." :yes: No worries, though -- I thought your points were nicely expressed, and I agree with you.

I suspect that even though the topic was legit, it quickly veered off . . . into the ad hominem attacks . . .

You know, I never considered the possibility that other people's comments might have been the reason they shut it down. I did not get a chance to read the thread between the time I made the original post and the time they dumped it.

The only conclusion I can draw from all this is that Burt's $160.83 (by today's exchange rate) girlfriend isn't earning her wage very well.

Dr. Detroit

k1oik
12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
You live in the UK?
No my girl has teeth

k1oik
12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
The only conclusion I can draw from all this is that Burt's $160.83 (by today's exchange rate) girlfriend isn't earning her wage very well.

Dr. Detroit
Please don't judge me because you need to pay for it

Dr. Detroit
12-03-2012, 10:57 PM

You really are quite a goofball!

Dr. Detroit

KC9SQR
12-04-2012, 12:41 AM
I will say, this is one interesting thread....
:cool2:

KJ3N
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
I will say, this is one interesting thread....
:cool2:

You're THAT bored?

KC9SQR
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
You're THAT bored?
Not really...
But I do stop by when I have a few minutes to spare...
It's just interesting seeing this actually play out instead of some moderator flexing their "respect my authoritay" cartman attitude and censoring the whole thing and locking it....

I really do like it over here. From what I see moderators only act when needed.. Not just for the hell of it.. Also the selective moderating drives me nuts at other places, I won't bother saying where but we all know where...
I myself was a victim of selective moderating over yonder.. I simply reacted to being provoked and was the only one reprimanded for it.. Honestly I was still being rather polite at that point and was still holding back :)

But apparently saying you're annoying me, leave me alone, using a few other words and phrases is a personal attack... lol

N7YA
12-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I have nothing against ham radio, just the habits of some hams.
The reason I stay in the hobby, and that is all it is, a hobby, is these always a few good apples in every rotten barrel.
You manner of speaking is certainly classier than virtually all here.
I am hardly elite in any way. I joined ham radio because I needed to find a group where I could not feel like a social loser.
And before you see that as an opening for all kinds of insults. My electronics shop class listened to some hams and the students after monitoring for a few hours said shut off those losers

Bullshit.

You dont have a woman.
You are not a teacher.

You are a sociopath. You dont know it, but we all do, so does everyone at Usenet. You have emotional problems and mental problems. I am openly and straight up calling you a liar.

Liar.

Furthermore, you act like a pedo. The things you write raise major red flags and i simply dont like you. You also have little bearing on anything other than websites. You are insignificant and i dont mind paying you this small bit of attention...call it charity.

You are insane. You are broken inside. You are oblivious to all of it.

Ham radio has nothing to do with you or the subject, it is merely a vehicle for your mental condition so i wont address it further with you.

You need help but you wont seek it. You will retort, either to me or to someone else, but you never change. You are a sick man and i am calling you a liar and a disgrace...directly to you. No round-the-mountain stuff here. Allow ME to be the one to get the thread locked. The reason i wanted to write this is because i wanted you to know exactly what we think of you, because you ARE a social loser. Nobody likes you and i simply dont believe ANY of the little testimonials you post. Lies....all of them. Nothing more, just like you.

Thanks for reading.

k1oik
12-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Bullshit.

You dont have a woman.
You are not a teacher.

You are a sociopath. You dont know it, but we all do, so does everyone at Usenet. You have emotional problems and mental problems. I am openly and straight up calling you a liar.

Liar.

Furthermore, you act like a pedo. The things you write raise major red flags and i simply dont like you. You also have little bearing on anything other than websites. You are insignificant and i dont mind paying you this small bit of attention...call it charity.

Ham radio has nothing to do with you or the subject, it is merely a vehicle for your mental condition so i wont address it further with you.

You need help but you wont seek it. You will retort, either to me or to someone else, but you never change. You are a sick man and i am calling you a liar and a disgrace...directly to you. No round-the-mountain stuff here. Allow ME to be the one to get the thread locked. The reason i wanted to write this is because i wanted you to know exactly what we think of you, because you ARE a social loser. Nobody likes you and i simply dont believe ANY of the little testimonials you post. Lies....all of them. Nothing more, just like you.

Thanks for reading.
Do you think you have the power for me to be affected by what you say?
Show what you wrote to Devie,
This thread will not be closed as personal vile attacks me are approved and get this forum activity it sorely was missing.
With the venom coming from you behind the safety of a keyboard your courage is evident.
Why is it no one has the courage to, at a minimum, meet me on the air?
There is one exception, N1LAF with immense qualifications says he will meet me in person, we will see about that.

k1oik
12-04-2012, 06:08 AM
borzhalt (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/borzhalt) 5 hours ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=BWxEDrcmH4h2TWbNDoxROpXPLuaIqn4b8g0Kmvv dSmQ)
Have a question for you. I'm not a ham operator so I wouldn't know. But what is the purpose of these "contests"? Do they have a prize or something that can be won? If they don't have a prize, I'll truly be speechless as to why anyone would engage in this activity.

N2CHX
12-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Bullshit.

You dont have a woman.
You are not a teacher.

Liar.

Thanks for reading.

I told him pretty much the same thing in PM's, trying to be nice about it. He definitely doesn't get it.

N8YX
12-04-2012, 06:32 AM
borzhalt (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/borzhalt) 5 hours ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=BWxEDrcmH4h2TWbNDoxROpXPLuaIqn4b8g0Kmvv dSmQ)
Have a question for you. I'm not a ham operator so I wouldn't know. But what is the purpose of these "contests"? Do they have a prize or something that can be won? If they don't have a prize, I'll truly be speechless as to why anyone would engage in this activity.
This right here needs to go in the Urban Dictionary under the definition of "strawman".

N2CHX
12-04-2012, 06:39 AM
This right here needs to go in the Urban Dictionary under the definition of "strawman".

Hahaha! Yeah. There are a lot of things people do that I don't understand. Why do people collect stamps for a hobby? For that matter, old toys or other collectibles? Why do people ride Harleys instead of crotch rockets? ;)

Lots of things people do for fun that do nothing for me personally, but I don't go on a personal mission to make sure they stop doing them. Burt definitely has some real issues, but hey whatever. Doesn't bother me a bit. Like I told Dr. Detroit, he's just another shit in the outhouse in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of other haters out there so he can just get in line. He gets off on being disliked, that much is obvious. Whatever. He's a weird dude :roll:

N7YA
12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Do you think you have the power for me to be affected by what you say?
Show what you wrote to Devie,
This thread will not be closed as personal vile attacks me are approved and get this forum activity it sorely was missing.
With the venom coming from you behind the safety of a keyboard your courage is evident.
Why is it no one has the courage to, at a minimum, meet me on the air?
There is one exception, N1LAF with immense qualifications says he will meet me in person, we will see about that.

Shes reading it with me...along with everyone else. Nice of you to respond. Now go take off that makeup, you look like a whore.

By the way....you....do not scare anyone. Much less me. :lol:

KB3LAZ
12-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Shes reading it with me...along with everyone else. Nice of you to respond. Now go take off that makeup, you look like a whore.

By the way....you....do not scare anyone. Much less me. :lol:

If we are sharing fears, I will give mine. I am afraid of Spiders, the ocean, elevators, and escalators. That being said, I still use elevators and escalators on a regular basis beings I live in the city and they are everywhere. Spiders get the newspaper treatment. However, as for the ocean, you will not see me swim in it! And no, it is not sharks, it is the little things that you can not see that bother me. For that matter I will not go in the water in most places. Bathtub, yes. The lake, no. The ocean, no. The river, only about knee deep and with boots on!

So, I may be silly. :P We all have our downfalls, I suppose.

PS: QQ I have to go to work in 10 mins. :P

W3WN
12-04-2012, 08:26 AM
You really are quite a goofball!

Dr. DetroitNow, you see what I meant about the ad hominem attacks in my earlier post?

Clearly you struck a nerve... but you were pretty much right on target. So without the means to logically discuss the situation, or refute your comments, the situation devolves into the personal attack.

Which can quickly devolve into a flame war. And internet forum flame wars are like Global Thermonuclear War -- the only way to win is to not play.

So please don't lower yourself to his level.

...and I'm not sure I'd insult goofballs like that. Even they have their standards...

N7YA
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
The difference for me in regards to Burt is that he, in no way, gets under my skin. He causes no raise in blood pressure over here at all. Sometimes i feel like letting him be the schoolyard pariah and i ignore him because he is absolutely uninteresting (aside from being a dick). Other times i mess with him because i just feel like it. He deserves no special treatment. No one should ever feel bad for Burt, and in particular, no one should ever let that protein floater get under their skin...thats just ridiculous. Nothing on the face of this earth can convince me that he has any pull or importance in anything. The only reason he gets under anyones skin is not because they are weak, its because they are frustrated and want a sense of justice to put him in his place, but he is so tuned out that he doesnt give that satisfaction.

Thats the part i comfortably accept...he is a retard. He will never get it. He will always live in a delusional fantasy world. He will always try to convince himself that people respect him and like him and will pretend that they do. This is all the satisfaction that i need.

Beyond that, i just like pushing the loudmouthed retard down when im bored. I ignore him when other things are on my plate, thats all. Theres no rocket science at work here. :lol:

K7SGJ
12-04-2012, 06:19 PM
The difference for me in regards to Burt is that he, in no way, gets under my skin. He causes no raise in blood pressure over here at all. Sometimes i feel like letting him be the schoolyard pariah and i ignore him because he is absolutely uninteresting (aside from being a dick). Other times i mess with him because i just feel like it. He deserves no special treatment. No one should ever feel bad for Burt, and in particular, no one should ever let that protein floater get under their skin...thats just ridiculous. Nothing on the face of this earth can convince me that he has any pull or importance in anything. The only reason he gets under anyones skin is not because they are weak, its because they are frustrated and want a sense of justice to put him in his place, but he is so tuned out that he doesnt give that satisfaction.

Thats the part i comfortably accept...he is a retard. He will never get it. He will always live in a delusional fantasy world. He will always try to convince himself that people respect him and like him and will pretend that they do. This is all the satisfaction that i need.

Beyond that, i just like pushing the loudmouthed retard down when im bored. I ignore him when other things are on my plate, thats all. Theres no rocket science at work here. :lol:

Speaking of rockets, which remind me of jet engines, get that fucking thing outta the way. I've had my Piper at idle for so long waiting to get by, it's damn near due for another annual.

N7YA
12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Plenty of room on the tarmac for planes of all kinds.

Puppies and kitties, everyone, puppies and kitties...and colorful flowers. :-D

K7SGJ
12-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Oh shit, another fucking hippy.

NQ6U
12-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh shit, another fucking hippy.

Bet he smokes that LDS.

KJ3N
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Bet he smokes that LDS.

Isn't there a law against smoking Latter Day Saints?

K7SGJ
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Depends on where you dip your ash.

W8XLR
12-04-2012, 08:26 PM

Got Room for mine? Rotax 277, 45hp...

NQ6U
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Nifty. Does that qualify as an ultralight or is it in the light sport category?

W8XLR
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Nifty. Does that qualify as an ultralight or is it in the light sport category?

Ultralight, just barely by a mere 2 pounds...

k1oik
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Lots of things people do for fun that do nothing for me personally, but I don't go on a personal mission to make sure they stop doing them. Burt definitely has some real issues, but hey whatever. Doesn't bother me a bit. Like I told Dr. Detroit, he's just another shit in the outhouse in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of other haters out there so he can just get in line. He gets off on being disliked, that much is obvious. Whatever. He's a weird dude :roll:

You sure get off on the insults.
Almost 4000 reads of this thread and I thought contesters had no life.
If I have nothing to say why do I get so much attention?

kb2crk
12-04-2012, 10:22 PM

that is a neat little plane

KA9MOT
12-04-2012, 10:41 PM
that is a neat little plane

I thought so too!

K7SGJ
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
what is the take off speed, and cruising speed?

N2CHX
12-04-2012, 11:47 PM

That is pretty neato.

NQ6U
12-05-2012, 12:17 AM

That's the nicest one I've seen. I had to give up flying 25 years ago after it got too expensive but every so often I still get the itch. Something like that could scratch it...

N7YA
12-05-2012, 01:40 AM

Uh...yeah...theres room in my bathroom for that cute little thing.

N7YA
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
You sure get off on the insults.
Almost 4000 reads of this thread and I thought contesters had no life.
If I have nothing to say why do I get so much attention?

Like i said...sadistic fun at the expense of a broken old man. Enjoy! :-)

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 05:54 AM
what is the take off speed, and cruising speed?

Stall: 27 mph
Cruise: 45 mph
Top Speed: 60 mph
V.N.E.: 85 mph
R.O.C.: 400 fpm
T. Off Dist.: 500'
Fuel cap: 5 gal
Length: 17'-6"
Span: 29'-2"
Height: 5'-10"
Wing Area: 117 sq. ft.
Empty Weight: 249 lbs
Gross Weight: 520 lbs

N7YA
12-05-2012, 06:18 AM
I have to admit, thats pretty cool. :yes:

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Yes it is cool. A poor mans Citation. I've always thought flying one would be a hoot, but I just couldn't find the $$.

N8YX
12-05-2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8IAOojoAA

kb2crk
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM

I guess I wont be flying one like that.... not enough room between empty weight and gross weight...... that and I stand 8" taller than the plane...lol

k1oik
12-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Like i said...sadistic fun at the expense of a broken old man. Enjoy! :-)
Broken?
Latest comment I received on my video about ham radio
rickshabin (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/rickshabin) 34 minutes ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=L4zv8Ky6HZz_lfCA0C1KqQcaayCe9DpsKCw2-LbDtec)Well said Burt.I have been a radio engineer since 1970 and have met many of these people.They tend to live in their own world.I believe many of them are Autistic and have trouble with "face to face relationships."Rather like Hitler.He could speak to thousands at Nuremberg but couldn't have a relationship with any one person.

N8YX
12-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Broken?
Latest comment I received on my video about ham radio
rickshabin (https://forums.hamisland.net/user/rickshabin) 34 minutes ago (http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=L4zv8Ky6HZz_lfCA0C1KqQcaayCe9DpsKCw2-LbDtec)Well said Burt.I have been a radio engineer since 1970 and have met many of these people.They tend to live in their own world.I believe many of them are Autistic and have trouble with "face to face relationships."Rather like Hitler.He could speak to thousands at Nuremberg but couldn't have a relationship with any one person.
One of your sock accounts commenting on your Youtube postings? Like that carries any sort of validity. Want to bet that if one of their site admins were to examine the various IP addresses involved, they would all look...familiar?

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
One of your sock accounts commenting on your Youtube postings? Like that carries any sort of validity. Want to bet that if one of their site admins were to examine the various IP addresses involved, they would all look...familiar?

LOL, is he still chundering on about how great he is?

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I guess I wont be flying one like that.... not enough room between empty weight and gross weight...... that and I stand 8" taller than the plane...lol

You could put some of those kids floaties filled with helium on each wing, or put a JATO bottle on it.

k1oik
12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
What is a sock account. I only have one account on You Tube, look at the comments yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4
Whatever you want to call me liar does not apply. I may be an ass, a jerk and any of some of the other names called, but liar is not one of them.
I am betting you accuse me of what you do, per the example you know what a sock account is

k1oik
12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Me great, no way. 212 messages here or so lambasting me and I offer a defense and that is wrong?
Do you have any kind of life, you seem to be on here day and night and brag about having a 3 way.
As far as sex those that do, don't say, and those that say, don't do.

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
You could put some of those kids floaties filled with helium on each wing, or put a JATO bottle on it.

I always thought a hot air balloon would be a cool thing to play with. I rode in one once, when I was really little. It was scary but fun.

KA9MOT
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I thought we were talking about air-0-planes here... Let's keep it on topic please! :rofl:

n2ize
12-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Wow... a lot of the guys who fly RC planes out of my club cruise faster. But it's nice as you can actually fly in it. If I lived in a rural area I would think of getting myself one.

n2ize
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I always thought a hot air balloon would be a cool thing to play with. I rode in one once, when I was really little. It was scary but fun.

Don't tell me you've been having the hots for Rush Limbaugh ?? :lol:

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM

You win this thread. That's WAY cooler than Burt. :clap:

X-Rated
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Heh ... actually, I taught college journalism for a while, so I'm kind of an English teacher. BTW, it's "grammar," not "grammer." :yes: ...

Dr. Detroit

My neighbor lady in Lawrence, KS was born as a Grammer. I think she was English. Maybe that is what he was referring?

W3WN
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't tell me you've been having the hots for Rush Limbaugh ?? :lol:Don't insult Kelli like that. Bad enough that Burt is hitting on her.

k1oik
12-05-2012, 02:27 PM

I totally agree

n2ize
12-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Don't insult Kelli like that. Bad enough that Burt is hitting on her.

True. But just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding my comments were meant only as a light hearted joke. No insult or malice intended.

k1oik
12-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Don't insult Kelli like that. Bad enough that Burt is hitting on her.

Even though she is reasonable to look at, she is as ugly as sin in personality.
I got a supporting email from W6WBJ but I advised him to look elsewhere

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 02:44 PM
True. But just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding my comments were meant only as a light hearted joke. No insult or malice intended.

Heh, no offense taken. I knew you were joking.

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM

That's really neat. How much air time/distance can you get on a tank of fuel? Is the engine 2 or 4 stroke, and is specifically made for that application or is it adapted from something else? I know some of the early very ulta-lites used chainsaw engines.

N7YA
12-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Yeah, i guess. He is a damaged man. Oh well.

N7YA
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM

When i was younger, i wanted to tour around my state (Alaska) in an ultralight, but weather could be a problem. And if i go down...im really out there! Besides, back then, those things had issues. Im not sure what improvements to safety have been made in the ultralight biz since then, but i will just assume there are quite a few as i dont expect XLR would freely put his life on the line for something questionable.

As for the balloon, i dont know what it is about them, that shit makes me weak in the knees. Ill go as high as you want to go in a fixed wing aircraft, but an open basket hanging under a bag of hot air just freaks me out. Simplicity is probably safer, but still.

N7YA
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM

Done with Burt...for now...until i get bored again. :lol:

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
That's really neat. How much air time/distance can you get on a tank of fuel? Is the engine 2 or 4 stroke, and is specifically made for that application or is it adapted from something else? I know some of the early very ulta-lites used chainsaw engines.

Just back from work now... Yes, The rotax 277 is a two stroke single cylinder and is actually manufactured specifically for ultralights. I built my plane from scratch back in the early 90's, and did so quite cheaply as I was a vendor of components for the planes designer, who was selling kits (barter system at It's finest!) The fuselage is 4130 chrome-molly tube (gas welded), and the wings/tail structure are 6061-T-6 aluminum tube... all covered in shrink dacron & dope. This was a dandy side buisiness at the time, which generated the down payment for my house.

The picture is of the prototype, airframe #001. My airframe #was 008. Unfortunately, I had to sell my plane to fund my newly arrived sons, as well as my re-discovery of amateur radio. All things considered, I thought it much safer and prudent to put only my voice on the air instead of my ass. The profit from the sale was OBCENE.

Flight time is roughly 2 hours, depending how hard the engine is run. The fuel tank is opaque plastic and visible , so when down to 1/2 tank its a good idea to go home. Since It's an ultralight, there is very little instrumentation... a compass, basic air speed indicator, altimeter and a clock is about it.

I fully intend to build another someday. I still have the plans, all the jigs, alot of original parts, and know how to do so... Just waiting for time and money. I love to fly, and the ultra light was/is my ticket since I'm blind in one eye, and therefore won't pass the flight physical for a private pilots licence...

Happy Landings, Ya'll... I must say It's been an honor, a privlege, and a pleasure to jack the shit out of this thread!

And yes, ultra lights are for fair skies and calm winds ONLY! Also, a balistic recovery unit ( basically a really big parachute in a can, mounted close to the center of gravity) is recomended

N7YA
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Happy Landings, Ya'll... I must say It's been an honor, a privlege, and a pleasure to jack the shit out of this thread!

And yes, ultra lights are for fair skies and calm winds ONLY! Also, a balistic recovery unit ( basically a really big parachute in a can, mounted close to the center of gravity) is recomended

Im glad you did! And a BRS is something i forgot about...i am interested in the idea again. :chin:

k1oik
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Done with Burt...for now...until i get bored again. :lol:

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Really, really cool, XLR. I've always wanted to fly.

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Just back from work now... Yes, The rotax 277 is a two stroke single cylinder and is actually manufactured specifically for ultralights. I built my plane from scratch back in the early 90's, and did so quite cheaply as I was a vendor of components for the planes designer, who was selling kits (barter system at It's finest!) The fuselage is 4130 chrome-molly tube (gas welded), and the wings/tail structure are 6061-T-6 aluminum tube... all covered in shrink dacron & dope. This was a dandy side buisiness at the time, which generated the down payment for my house.

The picture is of the prototype, airframe #001. My airframe #was 008. Unfortunately, I had to sell my plane to fund my newly arrived sons, as well as my re-discovery of amateur radio. All things considered, I thought it much safer and prudent to put only my voice on the air instead of my ass. The profit from the sale was OBCENE.

Flight time is roughly 2 hours, depending how hard the engine is run. The fuel tank is opaque plastic and visible , so when down to 1/2 tank its a good idea to go home. Since It's an ultralight, there is very little instrumentation... a compass, basic air speed indicator, altimeter and a clock is about it.

I fully intend to build another someday. I still have the plans, all the jigs, alot of original parts, and know how to do so... Just waiting for time and money. I love to fly, and the ultra light was/is my ticket since I'm blind in one eye, and therefore won't pass the flight physical for a private pilots licence...

Way cool stuff!! Do you need an actual FAA pilot's cert to fly such a craft?

Oh yeah, I've flown everything from ultralights to a 747. All from the comfort of FSX. They usually crash on landing, but I'm learning.

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Really, really cool, XLR. I've always wanted to fly.

...no licence required for ultra lights, just a little bravery...

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
...no licence required for ultra lights, just a little bravery...

Money helps, and that's something I don't have much of right now. I guess I'm gonna have to start whoring myself out. more.

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Way cool stuff!! Do you need an actual FAA pilot's cert to fly such a craft?

Oh yeah, I've flown everything from ultralights to a 747. All from the comfort of FSX. They usually crash on landing, but I'm learning.

I did FS 2004 for the longest time... MASTERED the Lockheed Constelation...

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Money helps, and that's something I don't have much of right now. I guess I'm gonna have to start whoring myself out. more.

Ya, money is an issue for sure. My friend, and designer of my "Skylight" is still around, out of South Carolina now. His name is Ed Fisher, He's a former racing pilot...

Here Ya go...

http://www.raceairdesigns.com/index.html

Many models to choose from... Tell him Phil from Madison sent you, discount is assured...:agree:

K7SGJ
12-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, one of these days I hope. Many years ago, one of my friends and I used to rent 152s and single engine pipers really cheaply, and fly all over the place. Of course, the fact he was CFI for a local flight school helped significantly. He is the one that taught me to fly. However, to rent a small plane wet these days, costs an arm and a leg; so for as much as I like to fly, one of these would be perfect. They are pretty simple and if maintained are probably very reliable. If something does go wrong. meh, at my age I can think of a lot of worse ways to check out.

N2CHX
12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Ya, money is an issue for sure. My friend, and designer of my "Skylight" is still around, out of South Carolina now. His name is Ed Fisher, He's a former racing pilot...

Here Ya go...

http://www.raceairdesigns.com/index.html

Many models to choose from... Tell him Phil from Madison sent you, discount is assured...:agree:

Wow, that's less expensive than I figured. When my kids leave the nest, that's my new hobby.

W3WN
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
That looks like it could be fun. It's not for me... but I can see how you guys would have fun!

Now, take one of those up with a KX3 or an Argonaut VI, trail a Zepp out back... or heck, just think what you could do on .52 simplex!

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I did FS 2004 for the longest time... MASTERED the Lockheed Constelation...

FSX is a lot of fun, but they need to come out with a new version. Really enjoy that when I have the time, but I'm a total novice. Last flight I took was the first time I tried "real" flight coordination (that stuff that involves control towers, radios and such).

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow, that's less expensive than I figured. When my kids leave the nest, that's my new hobby.

Good luck, mine are 20 & 21... And still here!

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Good luck, mine are 20 & 21... And still here!

You don't wanna even hear my story. ;)

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
FSX is a lot of fun, but they need to come out with a new version. Really enjoy that when I have the time, but I'm a total novice. Last flight I took was the first time I tried "real" flight coordination (that stuff that involves control towers, radios and such).

Fun indeed! I loaded up '04 with nearly a gig of addons from here...

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php

Trouble is, one needs a dedicated gaming computer to fully exploit and enjoy the FS potential, and just like high end ham gear, priced acordingly...

W8XLR
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
You don't wanna even hear my story. ;)

It's gotta be more interesting than Burt slamming...:roll:

N7YA
12-05-2012, 08:22 PM

You're welcome...now shut up for a while until we want to fuck with you again. We're on to airplanes now.

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Fun indeed! I loaded up '04 with nearly a gig of addons from here...

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php

Trouble is, one needs a dedicated gaming computer to fully exploit and enjoy the FS potential, and just like high end ham gear, priced acordingly...

Been running it on a 2.4 GHz quad core Win 7 (32-bit) machine with dual monitors. Seems to run okay, but it stutters on occasion. And sometimes the computer crashes before I do. New box on order that should do better, but not really designed for gaming.

FSX is about the only "game" I do.

kf0rt
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
It's gotta be more interesting than Burt slamming...:roll:

Well, yeah! ;)