PDA

View Full Version : Peace Breaks Out in New York City (For Real - Not The Onion.)

N2NH
11-28-2012, 09:37 PM
No one has ever seen this happen. No violent crime at all in New York City. None. As in not one.:wtf:

New York (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/new-york) City achieved a rarity on Monday – for 24 hours there was not a single report of a person being shot, stabbed or subjected to violent crime, police have revealed.

New York police department chief spokesman Paul Browne said it was "first time in memory" that the city's police force had experienced such a peaceful 24 hours.
It comes at the end of year when the city is on target to have its lowest murder rate since 1960.
While crime is up 3% overall, including a 9% surge in grand larceny that police attribute to a rash of smartphone thefts, murder is down 23% year on year, the NYPD said.
Tom Repetto, author of American Police, 1949-2012, said he could not recall such a crime-free day as Monday. "In a city of 8 million people, this is extremely rare," he said.

There have been 366 murders in the city so far this year, compared with 472 at this time last year, according to the NYPD.
By comparison, Chicago, Illinois, a city of 2.7 million people, has been plagued by gang violence and has registered 462 murders in 2012. Philadelphia, with a 1.5 million population, has recorded 301 murders in 2012, the exact same number as this time last year.

I know. I'm scared too.

"No one shot, stabbed or subjected to violent attack for the first day in living memory in New York City." (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/28/new-york-crime-free)

K7SGJ
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
No one has ever seen this happen. No violent crime at all in New York City. None. As in not one.:wtf:

I know. I'm scared too.

"No one shot, stabbed or subjected to violent attack for the first day in living memory in New York City." (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/28/new-york-crime-free)

Just goes to show, don't believe everything you hear on the Police Repetto.

kb2crk
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I remember it being big news quite some time ago when NYC had no murders for 24 hours.

N2NH
11-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I remember it being big news quite some time ago when NYC had no murders for 24 hours.

See they're losing their edge.

K7SGJ
11-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Yeah, then someone killed a fifth.

N2NH
11-29-2012, 03:34 PM

I used ta wonder where Warren got his sense of humor from. :lol:

KK4AMI
11-29-2012, 03:52 PM

I'm suspicious that you are in such a good mood. Did you win that Powerball lottery???:wtf:

KK4AMI
11-29-2012, 03:54 PM

I know. I'm scared too.

I'll be the pessimist. They just haven't found the bodies yet?

N8GAV
11-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Or 2 or 3 maybe 4 :)

n2ize
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
NYC is safe because these days I no longer roam the streets. People no longer have to cower in fear and hide as I approach. :lol: Seriously, NYC is not nearly as bad as many people think. Like anywhere there are rough neighborhoods where you need to be careful and be prepared for possible confrontations. But even in the roughest neighborhoods I have met plenty of cool, decent people who will cover for you. Far more dangerous than the rough parts of NYC are the rough parts of South Yonkers (my city) and Mount Vernon. There are sections of downtown South Yonkers that even the cops are scared of and where some crazy, nasty and mean shit happens. Worst than some of the roughest parts of Brooklyn and The Bronx... although nothing could match The Bronx in the 1970's. I used to hang out in the South Bronx in the 1970's/early 80's. There were a couple of good bars I liked to go to there. Once night I was attacked. A guy cut up my arm with a broken bottle. A day later some of the locals were driving me around the area to see if we could pinpoint the dude that did it. Apparently he cut up the son of a local tough gang guy and he wanted to try and get a positive ID on the perpetrator., The perp was lucky. The cops got him first.