PDA

View Full Version : Marshmallow Fluff

n2ize
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Marshmallow Fluff (R). Probably one of the worst things for your health. Fattening, sweet, loaded with sugar, a health / fattening/ diabetic nightmare. But... it tastes DAMNED GOOD !! Bread, peanut butter, and a nice coating of "Fluff (R)" makes for one hell of a awesome, sandwich, aka... Fluffernutter. Why is it that all the stuff that tastes good is the worst stuff for your health ?? :(

kb2vxa
11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I see I started something but that goo is AWFUL! Maybe not to a sugar addict...

n2ize
11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I see I started something but that goo is AWFUL! Maybe not to a sugar addict...

I'm not a sugar addict. Matter of fact I generally shun sweet or sugary foods. But I still love a fluffernutternow and then.

n6hcm
11-21-2012, 01:54 AM
they still sell that stuff?

KB3LAZ
11-21-2012, 08:13 AM
they still sell that stuff?

Half of the holiday treats could not be made properly without it.

n2ize
11-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Half of the holiday treats could not be made properly without it.

Very true. And Christmas treats too. Like Marshmallow fluff snowman treats.

kb2vxa
11-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Guess what kids, that's the stuff inside Twinkes.

n2ize
11-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Guess what kids, that's the stuff inside Twinkes.

I can believe it. Early on, when I was a young lad, the cream inside the Twinkie was a lot like real whipped cream. Over the years it became thicker, stickier and turned into marshmallow fluff like stuff. Not that fluff is bad. But in a Twinkie the "whipped cream" was better.

kb2vxa
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I remember the Twinkie degeneration but still I never liked them. I don't remember the name of my favorites, vanilla cake fingers with soft icing that tasted faintly of lemon.

n2ize
11-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I remember the Twinkie degeneration but still I never liked them. I don't remember the name of my favorites, vanilla cake fingers with soft icing that tasted faintly of lemon.

I think I remember what you are talking about but I can't think of the name either. I used to like the orange flavored Hostess cupcakes, the ones that has cream inside and the icing was thick and soft and orange flavored. Also used to like vanilla Bonomo Turkeesh taffy. Don't see it around no maw.