PDA

View Full Version : Land mine problem in your neighborhood?

AE1PT
11-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Then try this!

http://www.good.is/posts/hauntingly-beautiful-wildly-low-cost-solution-to-clearing-afghan-landmines

N7YA
11-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Thats very cool. Any solution is better than sticking around and killing more people.

NY3V
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey, if the Red States don't succeed, they will need many of these. ;)

KC9SQR
11-20-2012, 05:47 PM
They could always use Moroccan land mine detonating monkeys :) lol

kb2vxa
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
We have another kind of landmine problem.

n2ize
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
How dare they detonate those land mines in their own country. What the heck, do they think they are sovereign or something ?? Those land mines are the property of the countries that put them there. They have no right to mess with them in their own country.

N8YX
11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
How dare they detonate those land mines in their own country. What the heck, do they think they are sovereign or something ?? Those land mines are the property of the countries that put them there. They have no right to mess with them in their own country.

Church of The Poison Mined right there, folks...

KC9SQR
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM

I can almost see it now, activists lining up along the edges of mine fields with their "Save the land mines" signs ;)
hahaha

ki4itv
11-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Then try this!

http://www.good.is/posts/hauntingly-beautiful-wildly-low-cost-solution-to-clearing-afghan-landmines

Thanks for the new link, Pat. Very interesting site. :agree:

n2ize
11-21-2012, 04:48 AM
I can almost see it now, activists lining up along the edges of mine fields with their "Save the land mines" signs ;)
hahaha

Well if they keep detonating them there will be fewer and fewer left. The mines will need UN protection as endangered.

N7YA
11-21-2012, 05:47 AM
We should dig them up so we can replant them a few miles away in different locations....you know, because the defense industry needs to save as much money as possible since they never get their fair share.

AE1PT
11-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Well if they keep detonating them there will be fewer and fewer left. The mines will need UN protection as endangered.

Have no fear--there is no shortage nor will there be.

Whilst the older ones are being removed--or usually carrying out their intended purpose of maim and murder--new IED and manufactured devices are being planted every day!

These folks have been fighting with someone over something for thousands of years. With the glut of military ordinance due to overproduction and reduced fighting, there will always be more to plant. And more to fight about.

Ain't it grand?

NQ6U
11-21-2012, 09:38 AM
These folks have been fighting with someone over something for thousands of years. With the glut of military ordinance due to overproduction and reduced fighting, there will always be more to plant. And more to fight about.

Ain't it grand?

Restores your faith in mankind, don't it?

n2ize
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Have no fear--there is no shortage nor will there be.

Whilst the older ones are being removed--or usually carrying out their intended purpose of maim and murder--new IED and manufactured devices are being planted every day!

Ain't it grand?

Thank God they are a renewable resource... Thank God war is a renewable resource. :lol: I always laugh when I hear people calling for a final end to war, everlasting peace, etc. Human nature hasn't changed since it's beginnings. Why would anyone expect it to change now ?

AE1PT
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
^^^^ That.

Should be translated to verse and graven in stone...

N7YA
11-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Thank God they are a renewable resource... Thank God war is a renewable resource. :lol: I always laugh when I hear people calling for a final end to war, everlasting peace, etc. Human nature hasn't changed since it's beginnings. Why would anyone expect it to change now ?

Nothing laughable about that because its true.

kb2vxa
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
"They shall beat their swords into plowshares and practice war no more."

O'Rilly O'riley?