PDA

View Full Version : Man Plays Taps at Sunset

n2ize
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
This is truly wonderful. This man plays "taps" every evening at sunset in honor of our nation. There are so few civic patriots left. This man is definitely one of them.

Being that I don;t know how to play the bugle or trumpet I am going to have to use the violin. Every evening I am going to start going out on my back porch and playing taps on the fiddle. call it a "public performance". Hope others catch on to this and make it a daily American tradition.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57530063/nightly-taps-makes-neighbors-take-notice/

WØTKX
11-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Do you take requests? :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/GlSuLXuubC0

http://youtu.be/GlSuLXuubC0

NQ6U
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Do you take requests?

FREEBIRD!!

n2ize
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Okay, will do. But I don;t know if my violin is loud enough to be heard all the way to California. :)

K7SGJ
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Okay, will do. But I don;t know if my violin is loud enough to be heard all the way to California. :)

313 is usually open

WØTKX
11-13-2012, 07:52 PM
That would be very funny. Classical on .313.

In that case, I'd request some Wagner. :yes:

n2ize
11-13-2012, 08:04 PM
That would be very funny. Classical on .313.

In that case, I'd request some Wagner. :yes:

It would be the best thing that as happened on .313 in a long time from what I hear about .313. 8););)

kb2vxa
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
As long as he doesn't play Reveille at sunrise I doubt the neighbors will mind. Does he play Church Call on Sundays? The violin may sound a little weird, just as long is it's not bagpipes.

N7YA
11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah....great idea....:evil:

I have several cabinets and an amp that is rated for 1600w, a Fender P-deluxe with active electronics and numerous pedals.

I think my shit neighbors would love my rendition of Taps at sunset....sunset in Hawaii, soooooo, what...4 am here? On a fully overdriven bass with roundwounds at full volume on the front steps. Sure! I think they would like that, the driveway-blocking, cigarette butt-tossing, rude assholes. I dont know what country they are from, but they dont give a shit whatsoever about how things are done here, it would be my pleasure to enlighten them.

....what were we talking about?

n2ize
11-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah....great idea....:evil:

I have several cabinets and an amp that is rated for 1600w, a Fender P-deluxe with active electronics and numerous pedals.

I think my shit neighbors would love my rendition of Taps at sunset....sunset in Hawaii, soooooo, what...4 am here? On a fully overdriven bass with roundwounds at full volume on the front steps. Sure! I think they would like that, the driveway-blocking, cigarette butt-tossing, rude assholes. I dont know what country they are from, but they dont give a shit whatsoever about how things are done here, it would be my pleasure to enlighten them.

....what were we talking about?
With the kind of equipment you are talking about I think that I would most definitely hear you back east here.

N7YA
11-14-2012, 06:25 PM
For sure....and i really dig in too! At the moment, they have a work truck and trailer spread out across our street...at least my wife could get out of the garage to go to work.

kb2vxa
11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Remember Jimmi Hendryx at Woodstock?

KB2SFH
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
As long as he doesn't play Reveille at sunrise I doubt the neighbors will mind. Does he play Church Call on Sundays? The violin may sound a little weird, just as long is it's not bagpipes.

And what do you have against bagpipes!!!???:rant:

N7YA
11-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I love bagpipes. I would listen to 4 hours of bagpipe music over one set of generic blues.

NA4BH
11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
So he's playing Taps and not tapping something. Sad, he could have been my new hero. :rofl:

It would be nice to hear him.

kb2vxa
11-14-2012, 09:27 PM
"And what do you have against bagpipes!!!???"

I was thinking of a friend in Edinburgh when I wrote that. Long story about Hadrian's Wall, catapults throwing flaming haggis, pipes and drums playing Scotland The Brave and fleeing Romans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE

W1GUH
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM

All time classic!

But playing taps at the end of the day pretty much only signifies that it's go-to-sleep time, lights out, time for that final...um..."exercise" til drifting off and little more.

NOW...if someone played taps, say, at the National Archives next to the Constitution and Declaration of Independance, THAT would be muy appropriate.

W1GUH
11-14-2012, 09:43 PM
"And what do you have against bagpipes!!!???"

I was thinking of a friend in Edinburgh when I wrote that. Long story about Hadrian's Wall, catapults throwing flaming haggis, pipes and drums playing Scotland The Brave and fleeing Romans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE

Have you been to Edinburgh? Did you walk through Leith? I know nowt about it, ken, except what I've read in Irving Welsh's writing about some cunts from there,likesay.

kf0rt
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Remember it? Hells, I got it mesmerized.

NQ6U
11-15-2012, 09:52 AM
And what do you have against bagpipes!!!???:rant:

Nothing. The crew at the fire station down the street from me practices on their pipes every Wednesday evening and it sounds really cool drifting in on the wind.

That said, if anyone dares to play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes at my funeral, I will come back and haunt them.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
All time classic!

But playing taps at the end of the day pretty much only signifies that it's go-to-sleep time, lights out, time for that final...um..."exercise" til drifting off and little more.

NOW...if someone played taps, say, at the National Archives next to the Constitution and Declaration of Independance, THAT would be muy appropriate.
I'll be more than happy to play it there every day as long as someone pays for my transportation, room and board, meals, etc. Also they have to accept that it ain't gonna be played on a horn. Although I wouldn't mind learning to play the horn.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I love bagpipes. I would listen to 4 hours of bagpipe music over one set of generic blues.

Hmmmm... bagpipes ? I am not too fond of their sound. I can enjoy it up to a point however. Also depends on who is playing and their style and music.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
For sure....and i really dig in too! At the moment, they have a work truck and trailer spread out across our street...at least my wife could get out of the garage to go to work.

Sooo... why do I get the impression that you are not very fond of that particular area and its people. :snicker:

W1GUH
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I'll be more than happy to play it there every day as long as someone pays for my transportation, room and board, meals, etc. Also they have to accept that it ain't gonna be played on a horn. Although I wouldn't mind learning to play the horn.

If you were really into doing it you'd be thrilled to pay your own way to make such an important statement, especially if you went through channels and actually got a permit to do it.

In that setting, I'd think that Taps on a violin would be very appropriate. You could pour your heart out and really schmalz it up. In a tasteful way, of course.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 05:33 PM

And it will fit in an overhead compartment. And make sure the contract says "No horn", and a $20 per diem for food...good to go!

N7YA
11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Sooo... why do I get the impression that you are not very fond of that particular area and its people. :snicker:

The entire city, really. But up here in the northwest valley, its a nice blend of criminals, gangs, military and their shit families, gym douches and their fake titted girlfriends, monster truck meatheads, Walmart trash and renters....throw them all into an old, used 5 gallon pickle bucket and dump them out....instant NW Vegas.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 06:18 PM
The entire city, really. But up here in the northwest valley, its a nice blend of criminals, gangs, military and their shit families, gym douches and their fake titted girlfriends, monster truck meatheads, Walmart trash and renters....throw them all into an old, used 5 gallon pickle bucket and dump them out....instant NW Vegas.

Wow.... I have never been there but I would imagine Vegas attracts all types, and apparently much of the dregs. I would like to visit the Southwest one day but would prefer to avoid the Vegas scene if at all possible.

Hey, didn't back in the 1950's people in Vegas used to be able to see the atomic tests at the Nevada gunnery range ? Perhapos these days Vegas should be the test site...LOL:lol:
All kidding aside I am sure there must be at least a few decent people there. Or did they all leave... :lol:

W1GUH
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM

"military and their shit families" -- thanks for the reminder that the military is a cross-section of all types. The military people I've known don't seem to fit that category, but I guess I've been lucky to meet only the good people serving.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Wow.... I have never been there but I would imagine Vegas attracts all types, and apparently much of the dregs. I would like to visit the Southwest one day but would prefer to avoid the Vegas scene if at all possible.

Hey, didn't back in the 1950's people in Vegas used to be able to see the atomic tests at the Nevada gunnery range ? Perhapos these days Vegas should be the test site...LOL:lol:
All kidding aside I am sure there must be at least a few decent people there. Or did they all leave... :lol:

Ill address these one by one.

We certainly do attract all types, in all fairness, many people come here to have a good time, host their trade show, get out of the snow, etc...and there are a lot of good people who live here, thats a given. Overallo, its a dump. The behind the scenes city is nasty. No matter who is doing the list, we usually make it into the top 10 of dangerous cities, or dirtiest...something! Its a predatory playground for rich and poor alike, seems the entire place is on the take. Everyone is out to get theirs and nobody better get in their way. We are seriously devoid of culture and civility, this is known to us locals and nobody but the mayor and the tourist board would disagree. As for the SW region, my wife would like to leave it behind, and so do i, but there are many beautiful and interesting places just outside the city, much less the region. Even in the city there are places that are cool, but you have to track them down...and usually pay for it.

As for the nuke tests, they still do them, they just dont tell us about it because they dont have to. The above ground tests are a thing of the past, though. Only about 20 miles north of my house (im in the extreme NW corner of the city where the civilization ends), is the first of the old craters at the edge of the test site by the I-95. They are all over the place on the other side of the mountain behind my house. Yet another reason i want to leave, i fear our north wind for different reasons than other people fear theirs. So, Vegas IS a test site when you get down to it. And as i stated above, there are plenty of cool people here...just not up here in the NW valley. And you have to look for them in the rest of the city (not North Las Vegas, different city...similar to Compton, just dont go there). People here are very guarded and self absorbed, if for no other reason than self preservation.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 07:28 PM

We certainly do attract all types, in all fairness, many people come here to have a good time, host their trade show, get out of the snow, etc...and there are a lot of good people who live here, thats a given. Overallo, its a dump. The behind the scenes city is nasty. No matter who is doing the list, we usually make it into the top 10 of dangerous cities, or dirtiest...something! Its a predatory playground for rich and poor alike, seems the entire place is on the take. Everyone is out to get theirs and nobody better get in their way. We are seriously devoid of culture and civility, this is known to us locals and nobody but the mayor and the tourist board would disagree. As for the SW region, my wife would like to leave it behind, and so do i, but there are many beautiful and interesting places just outside the city, much less the region. Even in the city there are places that are cool, but you have to track them down...and usually pay for it.

As for the nuke tests, they still do them, they just dont tell us about it because they dont have to. The above ground tests are a thing of the past, though. Only about 20 miles north of my house (im in the extreme NW corner of the city where the civilization ends), is the first of the old craters at the edge of the test site by the I-95. They are all over the place on the other side of the mountain behind my house. Yet another reason i want to leave, i fear our north wind for different reasons than other people fear theirs. So, Vegas IS a test site when you get down to it. And as i stated above, there are plenty of cool people here...just not up here in the NW valley. And you have to look for them in the rest of the city (not North Las Vegas, different city...similar to Compton, just dont go there). People here are very guarded and self absorbed, if for no other reason than self preservation.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
"military and their shit families" -- thanks for the reminder that the military is a cross-section of all types. The military people I've known don't seem to fit that category, but I guess I've been lucky to meet only the good people serving.

Paul, i grew up military, mom, dad, uncles, cousins, neighbors. I lived on bases and knew nothing but military people growing up, i wanted to join due to this (decided against it last minute)....it seems the typical military family of the past has been replaced by "we will take what we get" meatheads, at least around here. Lots of penis wagging, hard right winged angry military 'real men' live in my neighborhood. Their kids are fat, pompous assholes who tear up the neighborhood and have no sense of regard for anyone else. This isnt the military family setting i grew up with. This neighborhood is a mix of everything i described before.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Why that post went up twice is a mystery to me.....sorry about that.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 07:34 PM

They no longer test actual nuclear weapons above or underground. They do test simulations and yesats using conventional explosives but they no longer detonate active atomic fission or fusion devices. If they did it would be common knowledge. The seismic fingerprint of an above or underground atomic explosion is quite easy to recognize.

That said I wish I could have been around to witness some of the above ground tests. They must have been an awesome sight. Even the videos and pictures mesmerize me. I am fascinated by atomic stuff and radiation.

N7YA
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
We just had one a few years ago. They made it known that it was live nuke...at least they decided to tell us. We had fighter planes flying slow circles around the city. Called Trinity, or something like that.

n2ize
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
We just had one a few years ago. They made it known that it was live nuke...at least they decided to tell us. We had fighter planes flying slow circles around the city. Called Trinity, or something like that.
Trinity was the name of the first atomic detonation in New Mexico. Do you remember the exact date this recent incident happened ? I highly doubt it was a fission or fusion blast. It would be common knowledge by now. There are too many monitoring stations in operation all over the world and by now our enemies would be screaming and pointing fingers and crying foul... Unless of course we made an agreement with them, On the other hand the USA is signed on to the nuclear test ban treaty but it is not ratified. So I guess anything is possible. But a nuclear explosion is a very hard thing to hide which leads me to wonder. In many ways it would by kind of awesome to know that we are still testing the atoms power and might.

Of course nothing can match the good ol' days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA8z94MXo9M

NA4BH
11-15-2012, 08:02 PM

A good Busker would do it on his own. You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

K7SGJ
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
A good Busker would do it on his own. You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

Or Maxwell, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

N7YA
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Trinity, i thought it sounded wrong. Ok, it was like 2006 or 7.

kf0rt
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Not an actual test, though?

According to this, it's been 20 years now:

http://www.state.gov/t/us/198244.htm

W1GUH
11-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Paul, i grew up military, mom, dad, uncles, cousins, neighbors. I lived on bases and knew nothing but military people growing up, i wanted to join due to this (decided against it last minute)....it seems the typical military family of the past has been replaced by "we will take what we get" meatheads, at least around here. Lots of penis wagging, hard right winged angry military 'real men' live in my neighborhood. Their kids are fat, pompous assholes who tear up the neighborhood and have no sense of regard for anyone else. This isnt the military family setting i grew up with. This neighborhood is a mix of everything i described before.

Thanks for the detail. I'm blown away by what you describe. Think I'll stick my head back in the sand!

N7YA
11-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the detail. I'm blown away by what you describe. Think I'll stick my head back in the sand!

Me too! Believe me, it was a disappointment to Devie and i both since we both grew up military. The cookouts, the GI's hanging around and their kids were cool. I dont know what they fed to these guys in recent decades, but something went sour....maybe we just need to move to where the people dont turn shitty just by being here. maybe thats the reason. It cant be like this everywhere else, right? Jeebus, i hope not.

N7YA
11-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Not an actual test, though?

According to this, it's been 20 years now:

http://www.state.gov/t/us/198244.htm

I was under the impression that it was...so was everyone else. But oddly enough, i can find nothing on it now. Hmmm, weird. Perhaps i was mistaken and it was a small simulated test. According to this site, they still use small amounts of nukes, but who will say for sure.

http://www.nuclearcrimes.org/neweis.php

n2ize
11-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I was under the impression that it was...so was everyone else. But oddly enough, i can find nothing on it now. Hmmm, weird. Perhaps i was mistaken and it was a small simulated test. According to this site, they still use small amounts of nukes, but who will say for sure.

http://www.nuclearcrimes.org/neweis.php
If it were an actual fission or fusion shot you'd feel the earth moving under your feet. Although from what I understand some of the conventional type explosives set off at the range used to shake the ground and everything standing on it.

Heck, why doesn't Obama stop being a wimp and re-institute above ground atomic tests like in the old days. That way he can show the world who is boss. ;)

N7YA
11-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Let someone mess with me! Ill cough blood all over them! That'll show 'em!!

N2NH
11-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Heck playing TAPS? What for? The demise of our 'Traditional values?'

Wait until I get my new Geetbox. I'll be strumming Alices Restaurant every evening at sunset.

Nothing like a little Liberal Humor to get the local Teat Party's teeny-weenie hearts a-pumping.

n2ize
11-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Wait until I get my new Geetbox. I'll be strumming Alices Restaurant every evening at sunset.

Nothing like a little Liberal Humor to get the local Teat Party's teeny-weenie hearts a-pumping.
Taps doesn't have to be played in honor of someone or somethings demise. It can also be played at dusk in honor of the day and all those who served or are now serving as well as in honor of everyone and the nation itself. And honor it is. He is free to play Taps and you are free to play Alice's Restaurant. That freedom is why this country is so great. That freedom is what those we play Taps for fought to defend.

N7YA
11-17-2012, 05:51 PM

They will probably tap their toes and think you are a true patriot...then when you try to have them sing along, they will move their jaws up and down as if they are singing because they will have no idea what the lyrics are (i see it nightly). There will be no greater joy than seeing people thinking you are one of them because they dont know what the song is really about because they didnt take the time to learn. :lol:

N2NH
11-17-2012, 08:41 PM
They will probably tap their toes and think you are a true patriot...then when you try to have them sing along, they will move their jaws up and down as if they are singing because they will have no idea what the lyrics are (i see it nightly). There will be no greater joy than seeing people thinking you are one of them because they dont know what the song is really about because they didnt take the time to learn. :lol:

The funny thing was the time my ex brought me to Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island. At the time I hadn't held a guitar in my hands in a couple of decades. In a "sound proof room", she threw a vintage Fender guitar into my hands and said play. I did. Got the intro to the Animals "It's My Life" in a few minutes. When we left the room, there were about a dozen or so Folk guitarists around the door looking amazed. Then they threw a $35K acoustic into my hands and I was afraid to even touch it. We left but every time we went there, we got treated like royalty. Never knew why though. She said they usually treated her like the plague until then.

Go figure?

kb2vxa
11-17-2012, 09:07 PM
A guitar makes a good ice breaker. That is unless you sing along to Indian Love Call.

n2ize
11-18-2012, 02:12 AM

If they are conservative rednecks you had better make sure they don't hear the lyrics !!! Rural folks are often conservative types and they don't take kindly to Anti-American commie music. Of course if its a rural hippie town they would probably like it.

n2ize
11-18-2012, 02:13 AM
The funny thing was the time my ex brought me to Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island. At the time I hadn't held a guitar in my hands in a couple of decades. In a "sound proof room", she threw a vintage Fender guitar into my hands and said play. I did. Got the intro to the Animals "It's My Life" in a few minutes. When we left the room, there were about a dozen or so Folk guitarists around the door looking amazed. Then they threw a $35K acoustic into my hands and I was afraid to even touch it. We left but every time we went there, we got treated like royalty. Never knew why though. She said they usually treated her like the plague until then.

Go figure?

I haven't touched a guitar in 40+ years. Actually more like 30+ years.

n2ize
11-18-2012, 02:16 AM
A guitar makes a good ice breaker

Yeah, but unless its soft ice I would make sure its a good solid body.. Acoustics tend to break apart too easy when they are pounded against solid thick ice.

N2NH
11-18-2012, 06:04 AM
A guitar makes a good ice breaker.

It can be. I used to bring mine to work on Fridays when I got my lesson. Chicks go nuts for that.

A bass can be a handful. I always had to mind that 34" long full scale neck. It would hit the top of the door when I left a subway or bus if I didn't pay attention.

N7YA
11-18-2012, 06:57 AM

Go figure?

Oooooh, nice! As long as you arent wearing any rings, watches or bracelets and cover your belt buckle...important rules of thumb with high end guitars. Fix those things and enjoy the tone and playability of a $35,000 guitar!

N7YA
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Yeah, but unless its soft ice I would make sure its a good solid body.. Acoustics tend to break apart too easy when they are pounded against solid thick ice.

That was the first thought i had as well...a good old Fender P bass should do the trick. Paul Simonon of the Clash is the guy on the cover of London Calling, trying to smash his P bass. He said in an interview that the damn thing just wouldnt break, but the picture was cool...and he was hitting a heavy planked stage!

(of course, i could just slap the shit out of him for trying to break a mid 70's P bass!)

N2NH
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Oooooh, nice! As long as you arent wearing any rings, watches or bracelets and cover your belt buckle...important rules of thumb with high end guitars. Fix those things and enjoy the tone and playability of a $35,000 guitar!

Honestly? That guitar had the most incredible quality I ever saw. I believe it was a limited edition Gibson and nobody else in the place got to ride that pony. But I was thinking, if I cause this axe to blem, I'm in deep do-do. Great place. It is one of about 100 places where the Beatles went when they came to NYC in the 60s. They even bought a few guitars. Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel among a lot of other recognizable names go there. Great guitars, biggest selection of acoustics I ever saw. A lot of folkies there all very talented. Few kids. They really don't like posers.

n2ize
11-18-2012, 11:49 AM
That was the first thought i had as well...a good old Fender P bass should do the trick. Paul Simonon of the Clash is the guy on the cover of London Calling, trying to smash his P bass. He said in an interview that the damn thing just wouldnt break, but the picture was cool...and he was hitting a heavy planked stage!

(of course, i could just slap the shit out of him for trying to break a mid 70's P bass!)

I coul;d never quote comprehend the idea of deliberately smashing musical instruments. If it's about dramatics well, breaking a solid body guitar or bass isn;t particularly dramatic from what I've seen. The thing has to be hammered repeatedly against the floor so the breaker looks like he's struggling. Then when (or if) it finally does break it usually all that happens is the next separates from the body leaving the 2 parts dangling by the strings Pretty lame if you ask me. In general however, the concept of smashing instruments never made any sense to me. .

W1GUH
11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
How and why Jeff Beck smashes a guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeza1xeWKM

kb2vxa
11-18-2012, 05:55 PM
"Acoustics tend to break apart too easy when they are pounded against solid thick ice."

Yeah, I noticed that.

N7YA
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I heard that guy is kind of a dick, so im sure its not the first time someone wanted to smash a guitar over his head. :lol:

K7SGJ
11-19-2012, 09:06 AM
It can be. I used to bring mine to work on Fridays when I got my lesson. Chicks go nuts for that.

A bass can be a handful. I always had to mind that 34" long full scale neck. It would hit the top of the door when I left a subway or bus if I didn't pay attention.

Ever try to take your organ on the bus? What a bitch.

W1GUH
11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
And if that organ has a knob....

N2NH
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
"Acoustics tend to break apart too easy when they are pounded against solid thick ice."

Yeah, I noticed that.

Speaking of Tommy Smothers... here's The Who's appearance on the show... Keith Moon uses just a little too much dynamite.

http://youtu.be/MVa4q-YVjD8

N2NH
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Ever try to take your organ on the bus? What a bitch.

I don't do that anymore. People get upset when they see the size of my organ.

WØTKX
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Yea. It makes them feel sad and depressed about such a small but obvious deformity. :mrgreen:

Bazinga!

K7SGJ
11-19-2012, 03:26 PM
That's no organ, it's more like a prickalo.

n2ize
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Try traveling on public transportation with a full sized acoustic stand up bass. We have two bass players in my orchestra and even though that have cars and vans it is still a struggle to haul them down stairs, in and out of elevators and into and out of vehicles. I have seen people hauling them on subways and buses. Not easy during rush hour.

n2ize
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Honestly? That guitar had the most incredible quality I ever saw. I believe it was a limited edition Gibson and nobody else in the place got to ride that pony. But I was thinking, if I cause this axe to blem, I'm in deep do-do. Great place. It is one of about 100 places where the Beatles went when they came to NYC in the 60s. They even bought a few guitars. Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel among a lot of other recognizable names go there. Great guitars, biggest selection of acoustics I ever saw. A lot of folkies there all very talented. Few kids. They really don't like posers.
You should have smashed it after you finished. How else could you express the emotions and feelings of that moment ? :lol:When we get deep personal satisfaction out of an object we often want to smash that object as a means of demarcation that at that moment it served its purpose in providing ultimate satisfaction,.Like after a good hit a baseball player breaks his bat. A DX'er makes an outstanding contact and then he smashes his radio.