PDA

View Full Version : Jared Loughner: Locked up and key thrown away!

W7XF
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Jared Loughner sentence: 7 life sentences plus 140 yrs. consecutive. No parole eligibility.

n2ize
11-08-2012, 02:56 PM
A hanging would have been more appropriate. But I suppose 7 life sentences + 140 years will do. Now, imagine if he lives to be released !!

N8YX
11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Unless AZ has no death penalty to facilitate a more direct approach to matters, he's going to be mentally vivisected on a routine basis until his brain has been picked clean, at which time he'll slip on the soap and fall on the shank of some lifer who's been promised cigarettes.

KJ3N
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Unless AZ has no death penalty to facilitate a more direct approach to matters, he's going to be mentally vivisected on a routine basis until his brain has been picked clean, at which time he'll slip on the soap and fall on the shank of some lifer who's been promised cigarettes.

Don't get my hopes up....

W7XF
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Arizona has a death penalty. However, this sentence was handed.down by the Federal District
court, by a plea bargain. The Pima County Prosecutor is looking into the possibility
of trying Loughner on state charges on (at least) Judge Roll's murder, as that case
under AZ state law is automatically a death penalty case since a judge is considered an
LEO by Arizona. We will see...

wa6mhz
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe another Con with a SHANK will take care of the problem!

N2NH
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Maybe letting him live is worse than death. Being Bubba's bitch and getting your butt kicked every day for the rest of your life? Death would seem humane.

n2ize
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe letting him live is worse than death. Being Bubba's bitch and getting your butt kicked every day for the rest of your life? Death would seem humane.
Yeah, but an old fashioned public hanging brings closure and a deeper sense that justice was served.

PA5COR
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
i' m not concerned about his wellbeing more about a closure for the family of his victims.

W7XF
11-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Loughner will NOT face state charges. The Pima County Prosecutor talked to
the families of the victims and concluded that justice was adequately served by the Federal court
and did not want to put the families through both phases (guilt/innocence and death penalty)of a state trial.

W5GA
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but an old fashioned public hanging brings closure and a deeper sense that justice was served.
Particularly if it resulted in decapitation, as was often the case.

N2NH
11-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Loughner will NOT face state charges. The Pima County Prosecutor talked to
the families of the victims and concluded that justice was adequately served by the Federal court
and did not want to put the families through both phases (guilt/innocence and death penalty)of a state trial.

I like this. Not the bloodthirstiness that many experience, more like a Christian sense of justice.

I can't stand the MoFo SOB myself, but life without parole even if you live as long as Methuselah? He's just getting started...