PDA

View Full Version : This Is Weird

KG4CGC
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.wimp.com/eaglefox/

ki4itv
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
It is.
We have an Eagle who will occasionally light on our split-rail fence posts.
They are impressively HUGE birds up close. Totally freaks the wife out.

KG4CGC
11-03-2012, 12:56 PM
It is.
We have an Eagle who will occasionally light on our split-rail fence posts.
They are impressively HUGE birds up close. Totally freaks the wife out.

There's an owl up the road a patch. I've been within 25 feet of it. I shit you not, damn thing is 2 and a half feet tall! I've tried to get a picture but ... he knows.

ki4itv
11-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I was fishing a hill pond out of a canoe quite a while back and had a turkey fly about 2 1/2 feet over my head. Sounded like a fooking helicopter and I couldn't help but notice the shadow as crossed over the water and boat. Kinda had my knees clacking together for a minute. :lol:

N2NH
11-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Dogs mating with cats? An eagle, a fox and cats getting along?

Another sign of the apocalypse.

Actually they looked a bit hungry and like food was on their mind.

N7YA
11-03-2012, 05:29 PM
That was a trip....open the door, theres a cat.....pan up, an eagle....pan to the right, a fox....pan left, another cat with a crooked tail and a limp casually strolls in...pan back right, the fox is thinking about coming in too....something tells me that this guy feeds them on a regular basis. Foxes dont stick around like that.

N2CHX
11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
That's.... wild!

NY3V
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
"...The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatted calf together; and a little child shall lead them..." - Isaiah 11:6

KG4CGC
11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.wimp.com/catowl/

NQ6U
11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.wimp.com/catowl/

I don't think that the owl is playing. I'll admit that I'm not an expert in avian behavior but I've kept parrots and other birds as pets on and off throughout my life so I know a little about it and it looks to me as if the owl is acting defensively and even somewhat aggressively towards the cat. The best that could be said about it is that the owl is being rather tolerant of a nuisance.

KG4CGC
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think that the owl is playing. I'll admit that I'm not an expert in avian behavior but I've kept parrots and other birds as pets on and off throughout my life so I know a little about it and it looks to me as if the owl is acting defensively and even somewhat aggressively towards the cat. The best that could be said about it is that the owl is being rather tolerant of a nuisance.

I thought I saw training leather on the owl's feet.

NQ6U
11-04-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought I saw training leather on the owl's feet.

Oh, yeah, it's a captive owl, no doubt about it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's playing.

W5GA
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
The eagle and the fox look like they are really used to getting treats on that porch. Nothing else would explain it.

N7YA
11-04-2012, 05:25 PM
The eagle and the fox look like they are really used to getting treats on that porch. Nothing else would explain it.

I agree totally. Its wintertime when that vid was shot, predator and scavenger alike can tolerate eachother when food is easy during traditionally difficult food times. They looked like they were waiting for something...probably not a good idea on the part of the human.