PDA

View Full Version : Crap, crap, CRAP!!!!!

N2CHX
10-27-2012, 07:59 AM
I have a business that's been going for six years now. It requires having a reliable broadcast receiver that is frequency agile. That's all I'm gonna say about it right now.

Anyway, about a 8 months ago I replaced the old vintage TFT EBS receiver I had been using for 5 years with a new, state of the art, digital, HD capable Sangean receiver. And it failed. Within a week. Unfortunately it cost me revenue when it failed. So it got replaced. The second one.... Lasted about a month. It too failed. Again, costing me revenue. You'd think I would learn, but no.... Third one..... Lasted the last seven months or so. I figured I was in the clear. But no.... I wake up to find out I'm losing revenue once again. Goddamn it.

I scrambled to pull the piece of shit "upgrade" receiver out of the rack and throw the old TFT back in.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

There is something to be said for reliable, proven, VINTAGE electronics. Oh freakin' well if I can't receive HD broadcasts anymore, no one's using it anymore anyway. But FUUUUUUUUUUUU! I am so pissed. That receiver was $200 and so far it has cost me about $150 in revenue. Pricey garbage!!!

W2NAP
10-27-2012, 01:48 PM
id suspect made in china.

KG4CGC
10-27-2012, 01:52 PM
id suspect made in china.

... by Romco.

N2CHX
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Sangean.

N2NH
10-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Sangean.

UCK. When it came to radios, I thought Panasonic was best and SONY next. Dunno if they make what you need, but in my very humble opinion, you would do better with one of these.