PDA

View Full Version : Picked up an Antec P180 Mid Tower Computer Case

KK4AMI
10-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Wow, I thought all computer cases were equal. Antec makes the slickest cases I have ever seen. You don't need a screw driver to open the case or to install a hard drive. Everything is quick disconnect and milspec wiring harnesses. I have expansion capability galore and a good 400 watt power supply. Plus I haven't cut my finger on anything, no sharp edges!

K7SGJ
10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Wow, I thought all computer cases were equal. Antec makes the slickest cases I have ever seen. You don't need a screw driver to open the case or to install a hard drive. Everything is quick disconnect and milspec wiring harnesses. I have expansion capability galore and a good 400 watt power supply. Plus I haven't cut my finger on anything, no sharp edges!

Haven't cut yourself, bah, you're not doing it right.

n2ize
10-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I build my computers on a wooden board. No fans or case required. And talk about easy access...

K7SGJ
10-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I build my computers on a wooden board. No fans or case required. And talk about easy access...

Isn't it a little inconvenient when you want to chop up some vegetables?

WØTKX
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Fahnestock clips are a bitch on those processor pins, eh?

NQ6U
10-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Fahnestock clips are a bitch on those processor pins, eh?

The are. That's why John uses alligator clips after pounding a nail through the processor to keep it from moving around.

n2ize
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
The are. That's why John uses alligator clips after pounding a nail through the processor to keep it from moving around.

I've also found that crazy glue is great for keeping processors and memory modules in place. ;) Plus, I think the crazy glue acts as a heat sink :) Heck theres so many dang transistors in them processors that one lil' ol' nail ain't gonna matter none.

KB3LAZ
10-25-2012, 04:12 AM

I dont know what it is called so I will have to ask but my brother has the mother of all PC cases. all wiring is braided and hidden in its own path behind the board. It also has access from both sides. The board can slide from front to back after adjusting two clips. It is also way oversized allowing you to basically crawl inside. It has no screws to be disassembled either. On another note, it can double as a night stand it is so large, lol.