PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* - Redskins

ad4mg
10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Oh well, they lost another game. What hurt was that we had a chance, but my favorite player, Santana Moss, fumbled after a catch that put them in scoring position.

* le sigh *

Sucks to be me lately, this was icing on the cake for a hideous weekend month. :-|

KG4CGC
10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Many of us feel the same way about USC, aka, Gamecocks.

N2CHX
10-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Look, until you live in Buffalo, I don't want to hear any of your whining! :lol:

KK4AMI
10-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh well, they lost another game. What hurt was that we had a chance, but my favorite player, Santana Moss, fumbled after a catch that put them in scoring position.

* le sigh *

Sucks to be me lately, this was icing on the cake for a hideous weekend month. :-|

aaa you are in a large group there guy. We got no Virginia Football this year, ie. UVA and VT lost to! I can't even watch Hockey because they are on strike. Guess that leaves us with the WWF or something :cry:

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
aaa you are in a large group there guy. We got no Virginia Football this year, ie. UVA and VT lost to! I can't even watch Hockey because they are on strike. Guess that leaves us with the WWF or something :cry:

Game six of the NLCS tonight, and it's a high-drama game. The Cards lead the Giants 3-2 so they have a chance to go to the World Series if they win.

WX7P
10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Game six of the NLCS tonight, and it's a high-drama game. The Cards lead the Giants 3-2 so they have a chance to go to the World Series if they win.

Hopefully, the C's lose, Mr. Bay Area.

Wouldn't have been fun to have another Bay Area WS?

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Hopefully, the C's lose, Mr. Bay Area.

Of course. I was just playing up the drama of the game.

Wouldn't have been fun to have another Bay Area WS?

I don't know, Janet, you undoubtedly remember what happened last time there was a Bay Bridge Series.

WX7P
10-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Of course. I was just playing up the drama of the game.

I don't know, Janet, you undoubtedly remember what happened last time there was a Bay Bridge Series.

I was pretty ok with the outcome. Fremont, remember?

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I was pretty ok with the outcome. Fremont, remember?

I had just driven north up the Cypress Structure on the Nimitz and across the Bay Bridge about 45 minutes before the quake hit. As far as I was concerned, it was proof that the powers that be in the universe could not tolerate the abomination of two Bay Area teams in a championship series at the same time.

WX7P
10-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I had just driven north up the Cypress Structure on the Nimitz and across the Bay Bridge about 45 minutes before the quake hit. As far as I was concerned, it was proof that the powers that be in the universe could not tolerate the abomination of two Bay Area teams in a championship series at the same time.

Whoa, you were closer than I was. I used to commute on the Cypress every day for 4 years, before I moved to Eastern Contra Costa county. If it wasn't for the World Series, a lot more people would have gotten killed when the Cypress went down.

I had gone to the city that day for a meeting with some accountants. We got out by 3:00, and I was sitting outside at The Front Room in Concord having a Long Island Ice Tea with the ex at 5:04 when the quake hit. It was truly bizarre watching the asphalt on the street undulate, even way out there in CoCo county.

WX7P
10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Carl:

Not to get all too old home week here's the KGO towers after the quake in the Fremont Baylands, on the east side of the Dumbo.

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Carl:

Not to get all too old home week here's the KGO towers after the quake in the Fremont Baylands, on the east side of the Dumbo.

Wow, never saw that one before. Back when I was flying out of Palo Alto airport, the KGO tower used to be one of the major reporting landmarks on approach.

K7SGJ
10-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Not to change the subject, but not being a football aficionado, is it true that next weekend the Redskins are up against the Foreskins?

W3WN
10-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Game six of the NLCS tonight, and it's a high-drama game. The Cards lead the Giants 3-2 so they have a chance to go to the World Series if they win.And they creamed the Cards 6 - 1, forcing Game 7 tomorrow. Woo Hoo!

Glad to see Ryan Vogelsong has really turned it around, after a hard-luck career here & a few years in Japan.

W3WN
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Look, until you live in Buffalo, I don't want to hear any of your whining! :lol:
After 20 years of Pirates baseball? Buffalo has nothing to complain about.

W3WN
10-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Ah, sorry. Maybe next week.

RG3 looked good. Unfortunate for him that his receivers can't catch the ball.

wa6mhz
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Nothing sucks worse than to be a CHARGERS fan now. Last week,after blowing a 24 to Zip lead, they lost to Denver 35 to 24. But today, they lost 6 to 7 in CLEVELAND!!!! So it SUCKS to be a Chargers fan! And I get to go to my first game in 26 years this coming Thursday night. SDG vs KC. They will probably BLOW that one too. Norv Turner needs to be TARRED and FEATHERED; and then run out of town on a RAIL!!!

W3WN
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Nothing sucks worse than to be a CHARGERS fan now. Last week,after blowing a 24 to Zip lead, they lost to Denver 35 to 24. But today, they lost 6 to 7 in CLEVELAND!!!! So it SUCKS to be a Chargers fan! And I get to go to my first game in 26 years this coming Thursday night. SDG vs KC. They will probably BLOW that one too. Norv Turner needs to be TARRED and FEATHERED; and then run out of town on a RAIL!!!I didn't hear the final score. They lost to CLEVELAND? To the Brownies?

Oy vey, that's not good.

wa6mhz
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Yep, Chargers have OFFICIALLY turned to SHIT!

W3WN
11-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Redskins won today. Creamed the Eagles.

Boy, I knew the Eagles weren't a good team this year, but boy! Someone's butt is going to be looking for a new job by the end of the season, if not before...

kf0rt
11-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Went to lunch with my old man, sis and YF today. Kind of an old fart convention (sis is pushing 60, Dad's 86; YF doesn't allow me to talk about her age). Talk turned to football and I was reminded that "I hate this."

Well, no. I reminded them that I simply have no use for it.

Guess the Broncos are kicking ass, tho...

WØTKX
11-19-2012, 09:10 AM
I pay more attention to football than I used to. The YL has a thing for men in tights. ;)

KK4AMI
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I pay more attention to football than I used to. The YL has a thing for men in tights. ;)

Good luck with that one. If my XYL had a tights thing, I'd give her a couple hundred to go find a male hooker. Thinking of me in tights makes me gag! :yuck:

wa6mhz
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Broncos beat the CHargers, AGAIN!!!

They will probably be in the Super Bowl with Peyton.

Chargers already thinking about NEXT YEAR! (hopefully WITHOUT Norv and AJ!!!)

K7SGJ
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I never was able to get into conventional sports, except for baseball. I like to listen to that on the radio while I'm working. However, I do have a special interest in Romanian Dick wrestling, and roller fucking. I can only get it on KUNT, and even then it's a little fuzzy, but easy to pick up.

W3WN
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I pay more attention to football than I used to. The YL has a thing for men in tights. ;)So, she likes Mel Brooks movies?

WØTKX
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Hell yeah.

Not a fan of Fawlty Towers.
We found that out last night.

Angry John Cleese is not funny.

Oh well. We'll try some Black Adder next. :lol:

W3WN
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Not to veer too far off tangent...

One of the pay channels was showing Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves about a week or so ago.

Now, Little Miss Field Day REALLY gets the bulk of the jokes in Robin Hood: Men In Tights

ad4mg
11-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Redskins 38, Cowboys 31. Nothing tastes better to a Redskins fan than handing a home field, nationally televised Thanksgiving ass-whoopin' to the hated Cowboys.

I have to admit, I wasn't impressed with Griffin at first, but he's played like a seasoned pro, especially the last two games, throwing 8 TD's with only 1 pick. He and that other rookie, Morris (who ran for over 100 yards again) are a nightmare for defensive units. If only we had a solid defense...

N2NH
11-24-2012, 12:47 PM
GRRRR.... I think the Jets have the 'Skins beat.

After digging into a big meal, Americans traditionally like watching a competitive football (if not waiting for Black Friday deals (http://laist.com/2012/11/19/shoppers_are_already_camping_out_fo.php)). However, last night, the New York Jets treated America to a circus act, by giving up three touchdown to the New England Patriots in 52 seconds. Most spectacularly, there was a touchdown where Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez ran into the butt of fellow Jet Brandon Moore, fumbling the ball.

One of the sportscasters here said his friend saw it was 7-0 Pats, went in to make some popcorn and when he came back it was 28-0.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sanchez manages to get some behind in his face...

http://youtu.be/w72ycZBTf0w

THE NFL managed to pull the first video. Left up a whole bunch of others but not that one. This will have to do, because they're so sensitive in the NFL.

W3WN
11-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Redskins 38, Cowboys 31. Nothing tastes better to a Redskins fan than handing a home field, nationally televised Thanksgiving ass-whoopin' to the hated Cowboys.

I have to admit, I wasn't impressed with Griffin at first, but he's played like a seasoned pro, especially the last two games, throwing 8 TD's with only 1 pick. He and that other rookie, Morris (who ran for over 100 yards again) are a nightmare for defensive units. If only we had a solid defense...My son was griping all through that game, especially once it appeared that the 'skins had run away with it (only to almost let the Cowgirls catch up)... but only because he had Romo and one of the cowgirl receiver's on his fantasy team.

Of course, since I grew up a Giants fan, I wasn't really rooting FOR either team... but I was more rooting AGAINST the Cowgirls...

W3WN
11-24-2012, 01:07 PM
GRRRR.... I think the Jets have the 'Skins beat.

One of the sportscasters here said his friend saw it was 7-0 Pats, went in to make some popcorn and when he came back it was 28-0.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sanchez manages to get some behind in his face...

< video link snipped >

THE NFL managed to pull the first video. Left up a whole bunch of others but not that one. This will have to do, because they're so sensitive in the NFL.Well, once again, the Dog Ass Jets are living up to their name & reputation.

And don't worry, the NFL will get those other videos nuked. They're very proprietary about their videos.

N2NH
11-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, once again, the Dog Ass Jets are living up to their name & reputation.

And don't worry, the NFL will get those other videos nuked. They're very proprietary about their videos.

At least my team the Giants won. I wonder when we play the Beagles? I wanna try and have my Ron Mexico jersey by then.

NQ6U
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
At least my team the Giants won. I wonder when we play the Beagles? I wanna try and have my Ron Mexico jersey by then.

Just don't wear the thing while in Arizona. If you do, you may find yourself with a one-way ticket to Nogales in a bus with windows that don't open.

N2NH
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Just don't wear the thing while in Arizona. If you do, you may find yourself with a one-way ticket to Nogales in a bus with windows that don't open.

Why is that when Ron plays in PA?

EDIT: Oh right, the Mexican Patrol. Well, I usually carry my papers. ;)

X-Rated
11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Bears seem to always be stuck at the top of our division. If you add up all of the division wins, the NFC North has the most. We just can't beat Green Bay.

Bears will start losing now it's the end of the season. Injuries are really bad on key players. No way to recover this late in the season.

I always liked the Giants for some reason. I watched them a lot when I lived in Texas as they were the divisional rival for the Cowboys. I didn't like the Eagles. They are about on par with the crappy Chiefs and their fans base.

RGIII is the best. No matter how this season goes, I think the 'Skins and the Colts with any Luck will be facing off in the Super Bowl in a year or two.