PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana

n2ize
10-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Why aren't we all growing marijuana ?

KG4CGC
10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Because it is illegal and we follow the laws.

Until such a time, that the law normalizes substances such as marijuana, I will follow the law.

John, why do we need another intoxicant running free without repercussion? Answer without rhetoric and logic.

KJ3N
10-17-2012, 11:35 PM

Thought about it years ago. Too much hassle.

Besides, getting it hasn't been a real problem for 30+ years. ;)

NA4BH
10-17-2012, 11:36 PM
If it was legal to do such, it would bring back this, and we don't need this

Click againOne more time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pMYFc9N0gs&feature=relmfu

KG4CGC
10-17-2012, 11:41 PM
If it was legal to do such, it would bring back this, and we don't need this

Click againOne more time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pMYFc9N0gs&feature=relmfu

You filthy bastid.

N8YX
10-18-2012, 03:31 AM
This is why:

Actually, the good Doctor is administering the oft-discussed HPV vaccine to the nice young lady...which she wouldn't need in the first place if the tokin' didn't result in promiscuity!

(Or so it's rumored. Most people I encountered who used the stuff simply giggled a lot or got the munchies.)

n2ize
10-18-2012, 04:57 AM
If we grew marijuana we could solve the energy crisis, we would have a versatile material, hemp, that can be grown without toxic pesticides, marijuana can be used as a fuel, it's a pharmaceutical, it may cures cancer, it relieves pain, it can be used recreational, it is safe. Could you imagine if all of a sudden, everyone started growing as much marijuana as they can ?

n2ize
10-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Because it is illegal and we follow the laws.
Until such a time, that the law normalizes substances such as marijuana, I will follow the law.

But if everybody were to start growing it they would have to change the law.

John, why do we need another intoxicant running free without repercussion? Answer without rhetoric and logic.
Marijuana is not an intoxicant.

PA5COR
10-18-2012, 05:23 AM
We can grow 5 plants and or buy it legally here.
Never felt the need to do that.

KK4AMI
10-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I can't see how people put smoke down their lungs. I hack my lungs out just standing downwind of a charcoal grill.

n2ize
10-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Never felt the need to do that.

Well if the gift of weed were legal here as it is in your country, or , if I lived in your country I would both grow and buy it and use it as well.

K7SGJ
10-18-2012, 06:09 AM
I can't see how people put smoke down their lungs. I hack my lungs out just standing downwind of a charcoal grill.

But a good brownie every now and then aint a bad thing.

n2ize
10-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Because the smoke from marijuana is a lot milder and is not nearly as irritating or harmful as is the smoke from a charcoal grill, or tobacco for that matter. Plus marijuana has medicinal properties. Furthermore it can be used via a vapourizer. And, getting away from the drug properties, marijuana has millions of other important uses. If we really wanted to improve this country we would legalize and start growing marijuana everywhere.

K7SGJ
10-18-2012, 06:13 AM
But....but.....but... what about the drought? Talk about creating a water shortage.

N7YA
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM

I cant keep a houseplant alive!

But i can take pictures of them while they are....but pot growers tend to get a little antsy if i show up to their crops with a camera.

W3WN
10-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Because it's illegal.
Because I can't smoke anything, not that I want to.
Because with my luck, I'd be the first guy busted.

W3WN
10-18-2012, 07:54 AM
This is why:

Actually, the good Doctor is administering the oft-discussed HPV vaccine to the nice young lady...which she wouldn't need in the first place if the tokin' didn't result in promiscuity!

(Or so it's rumored. Most people I encountered who used the stuff simply giggled a lot or got the munchies.)Where the hell are all of these promiscuous women I keep hearing about, anyway?

kb2crk
10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
The only reason Marijuana is illegal is that the Hemp plant can put they hurting on several large industries.
Hemp paper is easier to produce and a better product than paper from trees.
Hemp cloth is stronger and more durable than cotton, the fibers are easier to harvest, and hemp needs little to no pesticides.
Hemp based ethanol takes a lot less energy to produce than that of corn ethanol.
THC administered in dose as a medication has been found to shrink cancerous tumours in the brain.

Big Lumber, Big farming, Big Chemical, Big oil, and Big pharma don't want it legal.

W1GUH
10-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Disclaimer --

The image posted here about that "evil weed", and all of the stoner humor that's gone down over the years, notably Cheech and Chong, are just that -- fictitious humor with a LARGE dose of sarcasm. Pot does NOT make anybody stupid, lazy, or "crazy" in anyway. Being stoned is very controllable, unlike the cheap thrill drugs like alcohol, cocaine, speed, oxy-whatever, etc., etc., etc. At an event where the attendees are completely free to ingest marijuana it's difficult to tell who's stoned and who isn't. People function perfectly normally when stoned.

And one of the things they like to do is make fun of all those horror stories by putting on an exaggerated act. That's a lot of fun, but sometimes I wonder if the humor and sarcasm is completely lost on those who don't partake and are taken as "facts"?

OK...serious disclaimer is over.

John - loved your "marijuana isn't an intoxicant." Comment. Absolutely goddam right!

K7SGJ
10-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I cant keep a houseplant alive!

But i can take pictures of them while they are....but pot growers tend to get a little antsy if i show up to their crops with a camera.

When I was a fairly new hire for the Central AZ Project, we found a 2-3 acre plot of pot plants not far from the canal, on government property. Problem was, it was booby trapped with some hand grenades and other explosives. You're right, they don't want others fucking around in their garden.

kb2vxa
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
"People function perfectly normally when stoned."

THAT I must vehemently disagree with! I had a bad experience that I was lucky to survive that convinced me once and for all weed or ANY intoxicant is NSFW. It didn't deter me from smoking under safe conditions however but I digress. So what happened? I'll give you a clue, pot and electricity do not mix.

"You're right, they don't want others fucking around in their garden."

What the Beatles didn't tell us is what the octopus was growing but that's as good a clue as any.

W1GUH
10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Got me on that, about the pot and HV. I, too, don't start messing with BA's stoned. That's AFTERwards.

But yea, sounds like you got bitten by some HV. Carelessness can happen in any state; it's not restricted to being stoned.

W1GUH
10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
The only reason Marijuana is illegal is that the Hemp plant can put they hurting on several large industries.
Hemp paper is easier to produce and a better product than paper from trees.
Hemp cloth is stronger and more durable than cotton, the fibers are easier to harvest, and hemp needs little to no pesticides.
Hemp based ethanol takes a lot less energy to produce than that of corn ethanol.
THC administered in dose as a medication has been found to shrink cancerous tumours in the brain.

Big Lumber, Big farming, Big Chemical, Big oil, and Big pharma don't want it legal.

I hear that and wouldn't be surprised if it's the truth. OTOH....those same companies could reap good profits growing hemp, so it's an enigma to me.

wa6mhz
10-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Later on in my STONER career, (which is LONG LONG since gone), I grew it myself since I could not find anyone to sell it to me.
All my sources had dried up, and those that did smoke hoarded the weed as they never knew where THEY would find another supply.

But there was no hope of growing it out in the open. The same today. Nozy neighbors would tip off the POLICE as soon as the seedling just sprouted. So I grew it indoors, inside some very UNUSUAL enclosures.

First was a TV set. Now, HOW do you grow a plant that normally can grow to 14ft high inside a 2 ft high TV set? I grew BONSAI POT! And it worked great. Once the plants grew up towards the light, I would tie them down and train them to grow into a spiral. so the inside the TV was very full (TV Chassis removed, of course) The plants would turn into all bud and few green leaves.

Then one day, the house washing machine crapped out and I toted it down to the dumpster. As I neared the dumpster, a Light bulb went off in my head and I dragged it back. The next trip took the Drum and guts of the washer down to the dumpster and Inside I built the ULTIMATE Weed growing chamber. By day, the washing machine looked just like a defunct washer that I was too lazy to throw out. But at night, there was POT growing inside!!! And I was able to harvest for many years to come.

But finally the era of weed ended and down to the dumpster the washer went. I would probably do similar if I could grow weed again. But I don't have any SEEDS, and I don't DARE even puff on a Joint until I am RETIRED and not subject to any drug tests.

W1GUH
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh, great! Now everybody who guts a washing machine and leaves the entrails out for the trash will be under suspicion as a grower!

Just kiddin', of course.

And, yea, the cold slap of reality (as in piss tests, et al) makes itself known. Sincere thanks for the reminder.

n2ize
10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Disclaimer --

The image posted here about that "evil weed", and all of the stoner humor that's gone down over the years, notably Cheech and Chong, are just that -- fictitious humor with a LARGE dose of sarcasm. Pot does NOT make anybody stupid, lazy, or "crazy" in anyway. Being stoned is very controllable, unlike the cheap thrill drugs like alcohol, cocaine, speed, oxy-whatever, etc., etc., etc.

Actually that is not entirely true either. I have been stoned on strong weed and it did impair my ability to work out mathematical problems and to do tasks that required intense analytical ability and logical thought processes. At the same time I have allso been under the influence of opiates and on a few occaisions cocaine I was able to retain my ability to solve complex problems and write flawless computer programs. I sincerely believe that how any given drug affects a person has a lot more to do with the person themselves than the drug.chemical. The type of personality , the individual brain chemistry, the task at hand while they are under the influence, attitude, etc. it is a complex area that little is known about.. At the same time others have said that pot enhances their ability to "think outside the box" and "be creative". I believe that to be true as it largely depends on the individual.

Tthese days I find that if I am doing any kind of serious work, whether it be practicing music, solving problems, designing or analyzing systems, etc. I best perform in is my normal state of mind, with the exception of a bit of caffeine in my system.

I also tend to think that another issue is the manner in which some people use drugs (including alcohol). Whether it be booze, weed, coke, heroin, oxy, speed, or whatever many people don;t understand the art of moderation. They go overboard and it becomes compulsive.In the old days there were many creative people in so many difference disciplines who knew how to moderate. They could smoke a little weed, or take a bit of laudanum, or enjoy some coca without getting zonked out of their heads and without making it into a lifelong compulsion. Among such people the drug, or getting high was more of a personal celebration of their own work and their own creativity. Today we are faced with too many compulsive "I want it, i want it all, and I want it NOW!!" type of immature thinking.. I do think the illegality of drugs and the negative stereotypes it created has a lot to do with some of the immature and irresponsible behaviors we see today.

At an event where the attendees are completely free to ingest marijuana it's difficult to tell who's stoned and who isn't. People function perfectly normally when stoned.

I would say yes and no. Sometimes I can often pick out the stoners right away. I have dealtt with people who worked for me who were stoned and believe me, I couldn't explain anything to them... they were in their own, slow, abstracted world. But again, I think it has a lot more to do with the persons themselves and how they use it. Some users can be very subtle and they know how to moderate and among such people it is hard to differentiate between those who may be high and those who are not...

And one of the things they like to do is make fun of all those horror stories by putting on an exaggerated act. That's a lot of fun, but sometimes I wonder if the humor and sarcasm is completely lost on those who don't partake and are taken as "facts"?

It is sterotyping that largely grew out of the decades of the war on drugs. To this date it hasn't changed. How often do you see those stupid slogans from outfits like DARE or "The Partnership for a drug free America" that say stuff like "pot is for loosers", "only dopes use dope", "drugs make you stupid", "drugs fry your brain". yet, throughout history we find many very brilliant and highly creative people in all different disciplines (science, music, art, computer tech, etc.) who used pot and other drugs. they were certainly not stupid, they were not dopes, and drugs apparently did not fry their brains. Yet, we see the same contradictory, stereotyping statements coming from the "pro-war on drugs" crowd.

OK...serious disclaimer is over.

John - loved your "marijuana isn't an intoxicant." Comment. Absolutely goddam right!
Because it isn't. In my opinion no drug is an "intoxicant" if it is used in a sensible and measured sort of way as opposed to using it wastefully, immaturely, carelessly, and compulsively. case and point. I knew idiots who rather than smoke a reefer and then sit back and enjoy it they would smoke as much as they can as fast as they can to try and impress each other as to how stoned each other can get. However, marijuana is probably the safer drug in the sense that it is non-addictive, has almost no overdose potential. In short, unlike other drugs it is basically "idiot proof".

NQ6U
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
However, marijuana is probably the safer drug in the sense that it [...] has almost no overdose potential.

Oh ,yeah? How about the local guy who was crushed to death when a thousand-kilo bale was dropped on him during a nighttime offshore cargo transfer operation? He was killed by too much pot...

n2ize
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh ,yeah? How about the local guy who was crushed to death when a thousand-kilo bale was dropped on him during a nighttime offshore cargo transfer operation? He was killed by too much pot...

That wasn't an overdose... that was an OVERLOAD !! :lol:

kb2crk
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I hear that and wouldn't be surprised if it's the truth. OTOH....those same companies could reap good profits growing hemp, so it's an enigma to me.

Big chem would lose as pesticides would not be needed. Big Pharma would suffer as THC is a natural chemical and all their chemo monies would go down. Big oil and big corn would suffer with hemp ethanol.
big agri would have issues as a small farm would be possible with out the cost of pesticides. Big lumber would take a hit as a cheaper better grade of paper would be available.

N7YA
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM

They're doing it wrong.

NA4BH
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Never trust anyone that gives a shot left handed. True story

n2ize
10-18-2012, 03:56 PM

They're doing it wrong.

Uh... unless I grew up in the wrong side of town I have never known anyone who shoots up marijuana. Heroin, yes... Cocaine, yes... Marijuana...no. For some reason it doesn't work to well that way.

N7YA
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah, the buds dont fit through the end of the needle very well.

NM5TF
10-18-2012, 05:02 PM
got this from my Grandson's FB page....guess this is what "they" are telling
the younger generation now.....some things never change....and we thot
it would be legal in a couple of years back in the 1960's.....:hahano:

N7YA
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Ive definately done more than one marijuana. But i take mine straight up, no meth.

NA4BH
10-18-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdq4Llr-K-s

N7YA
10-18-2012, 05:11 PM

This is going right to my FB, by the way. Too funny to not share. :lol:

n2ize
10-18-2012, 05:48 PM

And if they do manage to squeeze through they get stuck in the veins.

NM5TF
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM

who says we aren't???:cool2:

kf0rt
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Uh... unless I grew up in the wrong side of town I have never known anyone who shoots up marijuana. Heroin, yes... Cocaine, yes... Marijuana...no. For some reason it doesn't work to well that way.

Yeah, but can it be buttchugged?

n2ize
10-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, but can it be buttchugged?

^^^ :lol:

W5GA
10-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Marijuana and commercial hemp are not the same plant. In fact, the hemp plant you're thinking of has very little to no THC.

KG4CGC
10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Then why is hemp under restriction? Over the years I occasionally have seen real hemp rope. It always smells like gasoline. I was told, by everyone, that it is treated so people don't smoke it. Sounds like a lot of BS but they always insisted that to be the case.

n2ize
10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Then why is hemp under restriction? Over the years I occasionally have seen real hemp rope. It always smells like gasoline. I was told, by everyone, that it is treated so people don't smoke it. Sounds like a lot of BS but they always insisted that to be the case.

They treat a lot of natural rope with creosote or pine tar. It is not to make it unsmokeable, it is to weatherproof it and make it last longer.

NQ6U
10-18-2012, 10:31 PM

No, you dummy—you have to burn the stuff first, then inject the smoke. Sheesh, kids these days, I'm tellin' ya...

W5GA
10-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Because at some point, some egg head found that some hemp MAY contain .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000001% THC, given a good year, and some ignorant fool might smoke a 1 mile spool of the shit, and eat all the worlds Cheetoh's in one night. Can you say cyclamates?

N7YA
10-19-2012, 03:57 AM
No, you dummy—you have to burn the stuff first, then inject the smoke. Sheesh, kids these days, I'm tellin' ya...

Good to know because someone said "butt chug"...i looked at the bong and got scared for a moment. :shock:

K7SGJ
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Good to know because someone said "butt chug"...i looked at the bong and got scared for a moment. :shock:

Suck, don't blow.

kb2vxa
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Animal House updated: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/tennessee-frat-suspended-following-butt-chugging/2012/09/26/8ee1150e-07e5-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

NM5TF
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Animal House updated: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/tennessee-frat-suspended-following-butt-chugging/2012/09/26/8ee1150e-07e5-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

makes me wonder what fucking idiot ( AKA future leaders ) thot this up????

kb2crk
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Marijuana and commercial hemp are not the same plant. In fact, the hemp plant you're thinking of has very little to no THC.

And yet hemp is banned in all forms.

kb2crk
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM

n2ize
10-19-2012, 10:28 PM

But imagine how many junkies must have been around strung out on and shooting up hemp back then.

n2ize
10-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I still see no reasons why everyone isn't growing as much marijuana as they can.

KG4CGC
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
I still see no reasons why everyone isn't growing as much marijuana as they can.

Because butt pounding jail is a serious place for seriously fucked up people. The fact that they like to put pot heads there as fodder for these people is a serious consideration.

kb2crk
10-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Because butt pounding jail is a serious place for seriously fucked up people. The fact that they like to put pot heads there as fodder for these people is a serious consideration.

+10,000

wa6mhz
10-20-2012, 08:06 AM
It just plain SUCKS that I can't light up a Joint to enjoy the day!
SUCKS BAD!
So, I will go have some BEER instead, which gives me headaches, a hangover and makes me feel just rotten!

N8YX
10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I can't even have a beer at the moment-we're out on the Connies testing the electronics.

KG4CGC
10-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I can't even have a beer at the moment-we're out on the Connies testing the electronics.

I read that, "Coonies." But then it cleared up.

n2ize
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM

But if everybody grew it there would be more people than the jails could hold. Why are people so ignorant,. Why do that stick with laws that don't work ?

hamguy
10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Marijuana is not an intoxicant.Uh, what?
-gary

hamguy
10-20-2012, 03:22 PM
This is why:

(Or so it's rumored. Most people I encountered who used the stuff simply giggled a lot or got the munchies.)Since when is marijuana dosed with a needle?
-gary

hamguy
10-20-2012, 03:23 PM
It just plain SUCKS that I can't light up a Joint to enjoy the day!
SUCKS BAD!
So, I will go have some BEER instead, which gives me headaches, a hangover and makes me feel just rotten!And can be highly chemically addictive!
-gary

n2ize
10-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Since when is marijuana dosed with a needle?
-gary
Yeah, I asked that same question a few posts above. I have never seen anyone inject marijuana. Other drugs, yeah. Not pot. That is what makes that image so uniquely funny.

N7YA
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Well, remember....you can DIE even if you take only ONE marijuana!

KG4CGC
10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
But if everybody grew it there would be more people than the jails could hold. Why are people so ignorant,. Why do that stick with laws that don't work ?

That would play right into their hands to build more jails and camps.

kf0rt
10-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Or at the very least, it will make you rape white wimmins. Uh... research still in progress on how it affects women.

N7YA
10-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Nope...if it implies black people at all, its close enough. Package the test results and send them out!! :dance:

kf0rt
10-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Nope...if it implies black people at all, its close enough. Package the test results and send them out!! :dance:

Purely unscientific, but so far, my results indicate that pot makes women smile and giggle. Same as men. Doh!

Oh, I should add that these tests were performed in the late 70's. Research may resume if Prop 64 passes. :giggity:

n2ize
10-21-2012, 04:02 AM
That would play right into their hands to build more jails and camps.

Not if the entire countryside were scattered with seeds.

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Not if the entire countryside were scattered with seeds.

America needs a new folk hero: Johnny Reeferseed. And you've got the name for it.

N7YA
10-21-2012, 09:19 AM
...accompanied by the Pied Piper and the Bombed Bonger!

KJ3N
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
America needs a new folk hero: Johnny Reeferseed. And you've got the name for it.

...accompanied by the Pied Piper and the Bombed Bonger!

:rofl: :rofl: :cool2:

N2CHX
10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Purely unscientific, but so far, my results indicate that pot makes women smile and giggle. Same as men. Doh!

Oh, I should add that these tests were performed in the late 70's. Research may resume if Prop 64 passes. :giggity:

No worries, I can testify to the fact that it indeed does.

I don't understand the acceptance of alcohol while pot can land you in jail. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I know people who are complete, raging assholes when drunk but are literally as mellow as a ragdoll cat on weed. It makes no sense. I have one cop friend who agrees. A guy I went to school with who is a sheriffs deputy now. We had a long discussion about it a couple of years ago.

N2CHX
10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I asked that same question a few posts above. I have never seen anyone inject marijuana. Other drugs, yeah. Not pot. That is what makes that image so uniquely funny.

That's one of the dumbest pics I've ever seen. Obviously done by some fundy group.

N7YA
10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I posted it on FB...everyone thought it was fake.

NQ6U
10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I posted it on FB...everyone thought it was fake.

Here's proof it ain't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awrmhrCFk2o

n2ize
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Here's proof it ain't:

Yeah, those are excerpts from the 1930's propaganda film "Marijuana, The Devils Weed". One of my favorite all time drug propaganda films. And very true too. Just think. At one time I was a nice, pure young lad free of all vices. Then those dirty commies got a hold of me and convinced me that getting high was okay. Damned hippie commie rats. :twisted:

N2CHX
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
We really are a nation of prudes.

NM5TF
10-21-2012, 10:04 PM
We really are a nation of prudes.

more like fucking hypocrites:irked:

I smoked pot once...it made me want to rape & kill:evil:

here is a souvenir from the good ole daze:cool2:

N7YA
10-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Stand by, DEA and the Patriot Police should be busting down your door unannounced any moment...on the taxpayers dime, of course.

W1GUH
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Or, if you smoke marijuana, it's a scienterrific fact that you WILL die, eventually!

'Course, that's also applicable to those who never smoke weed, but who cares?

K7SGJ
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM

I thought is was Don Quixote de La Sensamilla, and he spread his seeds by chucking them into windmills.

It's amazing what one can learn from a holy man.

n2ize
10-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Well the official position of the Obama, and most previous administrations is that marijuana is basically a useless, highly addictive, and deadly narcotic.

There is so much misinformation being spewed about drugs it is hard to figure out where to start,
Meth ?? I won't even talk about that. It is probably the one drug that is as bad as they say, or close to it. It tends to make people compulsive and neglectful and it is cheaply made and loaded with poisons that probably do more harm than the meth itself.

Heroin is dangerous because if one is not careful one can overdose and die, although the infamous overdose is not quite as common as many may think and is often due to the lack of quality control in the illegal drug trade. One day the stuff is weak, the next day is very strong. It is also dangerous due to its physical addiction potential. But, addiction to it can be treated and/or controlled and does not have to be a death sentence. Perhaps a greater focus on treatment and less focus on arrests might be a good starting point. "Danger" can also mean different things. From a purely physiological perspective alcohol is far more damaging to the body's internal organs than heroin is, assuming of course that the latter is relatively pure and/or free from contaminants..

Marijuana, I cannot understand why it is often considered so deadly and dangerous. It is next to impossible to overdose on. It doesn't cause physical dependence. One of the reasons often cited is that it leads to the "hard drugs". But that is a byproduct of the drug war. Since it is illegal then in order to get it requires one to make a connection to a person who is likely in contact with people who sell other drugs. Another reason I see cites is that it may cause cancer. Yeah, maybe it does but on average you don't smoke as much weed as with tobacco. And weed can be used without combustion, such as vapourization.

From all I have seen, heard, and read over the years I would say that the most dangerous thing is the drug war itself. It seems the drug war has claimed more lives than all the drugs themselves combined.

KG4CGC
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
No, I mean in my opinion, Budweiser and Marlboro are THE gateway drugs.

wa6mhz
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Colorado is getting ready to make WEED LEGAL!

Might be a great migration from CA to there if that happens.

Wonder if I can stand the SNOW? I sure hated it in Chicago! But for weed.......

Alotta DXers have moved there too. helps to have a beam up on a 14,000ft mountain!

KG4CGC
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM

KG4CGC
10-25-2012, 04:44 PM

N7YA
10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I agree with Morgan, and most people, legalize it, tax it and be done with it. It will bring jobs, revenue from sales and tax, food sales...especially snacks...will go through the roof! Weed is good for the economy and doesnt promote war or violence. Criminalizing it DOES promote violence, keeping it criminalized continues the violence and keeps prisons full of normal people who were busted with a little weed on them. But theres a lot of big industries that stand to lose some precious profit if they do these things, so unless you just took a bong hit, dont hold your breath.

n2ize
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I agree with Morgan, and most people, legalize it, tax it and be done with it. It will bring jobs, revenue from sales and tax, food sales...especially snacks...will go through the roof! Weed is good for the economy and doesnt promote war or violence. Criminalizing it DOES promote violence, keeping it criminalized continues the violence and keeps prisons full of normal people who were busted with a little weed on them. But theres a lot of big industries that stand to lose some precious profit if they do these things, so unless you just took a bong hit, dont hold your breath.

The entire drug war needs to be ended. It is a failure across the board. But, as you say, I won't hold my breath.

N2CHX
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
My best friend Kim and I went for a walk through one of the parks here today and we ran across this on a bridge across Caz Creek:

KJ3N
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
My best friend Kim and I went for a walk through one of the parks here today and we ran across this on a bridge across Caz Creek:

That's good advice for Rushbo and Glenn Beck. "Smoke a fatty and chill, you assholes!" :cool2:

W4RLR
10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Never felt the need to do that.When I lived in The Netherlands, I could not partake of the cannabis freely available in Amsterdam's brown cafes, as I was subject to random drug testing, and testing positive would lead to jail time and job loss.

Now that I can legally travel to The Netherlands as a civilian and sample the wares at the brown cafes, The Netherlands has now made them off limits to foreigners. Not fair. Several members of my family are cannabis users, illegally of course, but they find that use helps with their chronic pain.

This country's laws regarding marijuana use are stupid.

KJ3N
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM

This country's laws regarding drug use (in general) are stupid.

n2ize
10-25-2012, 11:03 PM
This country's laws regarding drug use (in general) are stupid.
But Obama has determined all drugs are evil, the drug war must go on, medical marijuana is wrong, and marijuana is a particularly useless, highly addictive and dangerous narcotic and a gateway to other drugs. Then people wonder why the I find the thought of voting for the "lesser of 2 evils" repulsive.

NQ6U
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LckgDU9R0GA

N7YA
10-26-2012, 03:31 AM
When I lived in The Netherlands, I could not partake of the cannabis freely available in Amsterdam's brown cafes, as I was subject to random drug testing, and testing positive would lead to jail time and job loss.

Now that I can legally travel to The Netherlands as a civilian and sample the wares at the brown cafes, The Netherlands has now made them off limits to foreigners. Not fair. Several members of my family are cannabis users, illegally of course, but they find that use helps with their chronic pain.

Something tells me that certain foreigners made complete asses of themselves while in the cafes, and that certain Dutch officials had seen enough and wrote new rules...its not unheard of.

wa6mhz
10-26-2012, 07:56 AM
So what happens if the vote in Colorado for LEGAL WEED passes? The FEDS still say it is illegal, so they will hammer the state even more to stamp out weed use. Gotta get it legalized FEDERALLY before we worry about the states!

N2CHX
10-26-2012, 08:13 AM
But Obama has determined all drugs are evil, the drug war must go on, medical marijuana is wrong, and marijuana is a particularly useless, highly addictive and dangerous narcotic and a gateway to other drugs. Then people wonder why the I find the thought of voting for the "lesser of 2 evils" repulsive.

I have to agree with you at least in part, on that one. But you've got no better chance at getting it legalized with Romney than you do Obama, so six in one hand half a dozen in the other on this one issue. I've been exhausted lately because I'm not sleeping well. Haven't smoked in freakin' forever now. Can't take sleeping pills because they totally mess with my heart. My doctor prescribed different kinds of sleeping pills and they all do the same thing to me -- make my heart race and go all erratic. A couple of times when I went to sleep after taking them I honestly wondered if I would wake up again. I sleep soundly but I wake up feeling like total shit because my heart went nuts all night. The root of the problem with my cardiomyopathy is poor, misaligned and erratic electrical signals between the ventricles and sleeping pills interfere with those signals even more. Weed? Makes my heart beat a little faster than normal at first and then it slows back down. I sleep like a baby. Really, a good night's sleep is the only reason I've ever smoked it.

PA5COR
10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Just did the shopping for the week with mmy son, and he picked up 2 gram weed at the local outlet ( coffeeshop) so he's set for the weekend, he only uses in the weekend, so no problem.

When we came back home good news for me, my allowance is awarded, income will be 1800 Euro's a month now after taxes fixed costs 1000, rent food etc, so leaving 800 for other things.

That income is including alimony paid by the wife to me, partial disabillety allowance and subsidising rent and healthcare costs.
Still have to pay part of the rent and healthcare insurance, but it helps.

N2CHX
10-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Just did the shopping for the week with mmy son, and he picked up 2 gram weed at the local outlet ( coffeeshop) so he's set for the weekend, he only uses in the weekend, so no problem.

After further consideration, I've decided I am up for adoption, but only if you adopt me, Corey.

PA5COR
10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
I just have a room left over since the wife pulled out, it's your's if you want it ;)

KG4CGC
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
So what happens if the vote in Colorado for LEGAL WEED passes? The FEDS still say it is illegal, so they will hammer the state even more to stamp out weed use. Gotta get it legalized FEDERALLY before we worry about the states!

Romney will fight legalizing "tooth and nail" but he thought fake pot and bath salts were A-OK. The man is outta touch.

n2ize
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Romney will fight legalizing "tooth and nail" but he thought fake pot and bath salts were A-OK. The man is outta touch.

He is allso vehemently opposed to medical marijuana. People like he should know what its like for people to suffer with severe illness. What a bastard. Although I must admit, Obama is very bad on this issue as well.

KG4CGC
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
He is allso vehemently opposed to medical marijuana. People like he should know what its like for people to suffer with severe illness. What a bastard. Although I must admit, Obama is very bad on this issue as well.

According to Mitt's wife, Mitt is mentally unstable.

W3WN
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
According to Mitt's wife, Mitt is mentally unstable.He's running for President, isn't he? Is there any wonder that there's a question about his mental stability?

(And that goes double for Obama as well -- after 4 years, he still wants the job?)

KJ3N
10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
(And that goes double for Obama as well -- after 4 years, he still wants the job?)

I'm hoping he wants the job for the same reason *I* want him to have the job; to continue to piss off Whitey. ;)

NQ6U
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
You know the real reason that neither Obama nor Romney will step forward in favor of legalizing pot, right? It isn't because of some shadowy conspiracy of alcohol and pharmaceutical companies, it's far more simple than that: it's because it would be political suicide to do so. There's so much fear built up after years of prohibition that it is impossible for any politician to state that he/she is in favor of legalizing drugs and remain a viable candidate. Fringe-types like Ron Paul can do it but they have no real chance of being elected to national office.

N7YA
10-26-2012, 03:41 PM

He is so disconnected, he probably leaned over to one of his handlers and asked them if kids these days are getting high off "teeth and fingernails"...if so, make those things illegal!

wa6mhz
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Ron Paul was my choice, but since he got blasted away, I am stuck with Mitt. He is a WORLD better than Obama, even if he is hard on weed. Other great presidents, like Ronald Reagan, were hard on weed too. But they were great otherwise.

KJ3N
10-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Ron Paul was my choice, but since he got blasted away, I am stuck with Mitt. He is a WORLD better than Obama, even if he is hard on weed. Other great presidents, like Ronald Reagan, were hard on weed too. But they were great otherwise.

:troll: :roll:

N2CHX
10-26-2012, 04:10 PM

>yawn<

Yeah, you still have yet to explain exactly how he's so much better than Obama, other than "Obama oppressed me! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

Troll.

N7YA
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM

...you said 'hard on'. :bbh:

And no, Reagan wasnt great for you, or anyone other than his big money sponsors. You just think he was because you bought all the packaging, hook, line and sinker. You fell in love with an image, nothing more. The man was an actor, do the math.

wa6mhz
10-26-2012, 06:10 PM
oops dupe!

NM5TF
10-27-2012, 03:56 PM
sorry Pat.....Raygunn was the one that started the US on it's downard spiral when he
instituted the ideas in the infamous "Lewis Memo"....Google it....you'll be amazed how
every so-called "Leader of the Free World" has followed the script since him....BOTH
Demonkratzz & Repukeicans.....

for the best choice to have weed legalized, vote for Gary Johnson ( ex Gov of New Mexico )
and a strong proponent of legalization...he was 1 of the best Gov's we have had in a LONG
time.....

K7SGJ
10-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Jezzzzus. Give the guy a break. Not everyone has to be a Democrat.

Oh, let's have a one party system, then we don't have to waste time voting.

n2ize
10-28-2012, 03:54 PM
>yawn<

Yeah, you still have yet to explain exactly how he's so much better than Obama, other than "Obama oppressed me! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

Troll.

Do we need the Waahmbualnce ??

n2ize
10-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Sorry, but when you look at the economic facts and do a bit of arithmetic you will quickly find that Reagan was not a great president and that Romney is not a good choice if you are poor or middle class.

wa6mhz
10-28-2012, 04:12 PM
This thread was SUPPOSED to be about legalizing Weed, not whether Obama vs Romney. Plenty of other threads for that.
I'd vote for Gary Johnson in a heartbeat, Dem or Rep. (don't know his persuasion)

KG4CGC
10-28-2012, 04:15 PM
This thread was SUPPOSED to be about legalizing Weed, not whether Obama vs Romney. Plenty of other threads for that.
I'd vote for Gary Johnson in a heartbeat, Dem or Rep. (don't know his persuasion)

He calls himself a Libertarian. That means he's a Republican.

KJ3N
10-28-2012, 04:48 PM
He calls himself a Libertarian. That means he's a Republican.

With even crazier ideas than a "normal" Republican, like Ron Paul.