PDA

View Full Version : Can't Even trust the Weatherman

n2ize
10-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I just checked the weather widget on my desktop. It says the current temperature is 92 degrees !! But both my thermometer outdoors say its more like 62. Either someone at NOAA inverted and flipped the 6 or else we can't even trust the weather man these days.

KG4CGC
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Stephanie Abrams has really blown up. I wonder if Al Roker has tricked her into making him look slim by comparison?

W2NAP
10-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Stephanie Abrams has really blown up. I wonder if Al Roker has tricked her into making him look slim by comparison?

naa its just that HDTV crap... I remember back before the DTV stuff, this one news chick looked pretty good.... when it went to the DTV HD crap... well.. she didnt look as good anymore...

KG4CGC
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
naa its just that HDTV crap... I remember back before the DTV stuff, this one news chick looked pretty good.... when it went to the DTV HD crap... well.. she didnt look as good anymore...

I understand that some people don't know how or don't care about correctly setting up the aspect ratio on their new telebisions but even with the proper ratios she has become a wide load in the Weather Channel's trailer park.

KG4NEL
10-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Story of my life...

kf0rt
10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I just checked the weather widget on my desktop. It says the current temperature is 92 degrees !! But both my thermometer outdoors say its more like 62. Either someone at NOAA inverted and flipped the 6 or else we can't even trust the weather man these days.

Move to Denver. We're used to it. :lol:

n2ize
10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Move to Denver. We're used to it.
:lol:
:-D

n2ize
10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

w0aew
10-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Did someone say the Weathermen? No one expects the Weathermen!

http://freshjive.wearegiants.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/weather-underground-wuo-ayers-weatherman-logo1.jpg

W3WN
10-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Did someone say the Weathermen? No one expects the Weathermen!

http://freshjive.wearegiants.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/weather-underground-wuo-ayers-weatherman-logo1.jpgI always thought the line was...

... wait for it ...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

kds
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM

I'd still hit it.

KG4CGC
10-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I'd still hit it.

I think we all would but today I noticed she didn't have make up cover up her eye mole. The other thing that got me to think about it was seeing her in some 2 and 3 year old programs where she was part of testing stuff against simulated weather or being out in the weather and showing how hard it is to stay warm and dry.

VE7DCW
10-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Well ..... I'm hoping our weatherman is wrong about his forecast for our local area......we are in for a major storm coming in from the Pacific .......after 3 months of the driest conditions on record over 150 millimeters (5 inches) of rain is expected to fall in the next 24 hours (What once was rare for rain events of this magnitude,it's now occuring more frequently) with wind speeds expected to be around 60 mph....with the warmest temperatures ever seen for this time of year! (warmer air holds a lot more moisture)....... this seems to be signaling our El Nino types of winter soon to be ......or i'll stir things up and say this is a symptom of climate change......

Still hope the weather guy is wrong and we dodge this bullet ...... :-|

NQ6U
10-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Well ..... I'm hoping our weatherman is wrong about his forecast for our local area......we are in for a major storm coming in from the Pacific .......after 3 months of the driest conditions on record over 150 millimeters (5 inches) of rain is expected to fall in the next 24 hours (What once was rare for rain events of this magnitude,it's now occuring more frequently) with wind speeds expected to be around 60 mph....with the warmest temperatures ever seen for this time of year! (warmer air holds a lot more moisture)....... this seems to be signaling our El Nino types of winter soon to be ......or i'll stir things up and say this is a symptom of climate change......

Still hope the weather guy is wrong and we dodge this bullet ...... :-|

We had our first Pacific storm of the season last week, Gerry. It wasn't much of a storm, but it's unusually early in the season for it in these parts. I'm thinking it might be time to buy a new pair of rubber boots.

K7SGJ
10-13-2012, 09:25 PM
We had our first Pacific storm of the season last week, Gerry. It wasn't much of a storm, but it's unusually early in the season for it in these parts. I'm thinking it might be time to buy a new pair of rubber boots.

Did one of the sheep finally tear them trying to get away?

NQ6U
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Did one of the sheep finally tear them trying to get away?

Hey, I resent that!

My sheep never try to get away.

VE7DCW
10-13-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm thinking the same thing!! ..... what's strange,and this started a couple of years ago,we never saw predicted wind speeds of 110 and 120 kmph! ......it's becoming common place in our weather reports!

And Eddie would be glad to know there are'nt too many sheep around here ........ so we can all rest easy now! :lol:

N2NH
10-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Last night we hit 25° here. It will be 72° on Monday. I know there are sometimes some big swings but this is very, very big even for here. Thankfully, we haven't had any problems like drought or flooding. They are still repairing some of the damage from Hurricane Irene which hit a year ago August. Seems that the city got a passing swipe, but the damage was fairly severe here in the Catskills.

XE1/N5AL
10-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Could one of you guys please send down some cooler weather? We are spending a few days at the house in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, while doing a little remodeling. it was 94 today with 70% humidity, for a heat index of 105 degrees. Just a few minutes of moderate work leaves one's shirt soaking wet!

K7SGJ
10-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Could one of you guys please send down some cooler weather? We are spending a few days at the house in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, while doing a little remodeling. it was 94 today with 70% humidity, for a heat index of 105 degrees. Just a few minutes of moderate work leaves one's shirt soaking wet!

Sounds like you need to get on the good side of the weather cartels.

kb2vxa
10-14-2012, 01:09 PM
"...we never saw predicted wind speeds of 110 and 120 kmph!"
And that's when you had sheep.

"And Eddie would be glad to know there are'nt too many sheep around here..."
Takeoff speed is around 100km/hr.

VE7DCW
10-14-2012, 01:41 PM
"...we never saw predicted wind speeds of 110 and 120 kmph!"
And that's when you had sheep.

Actually...... thats when you're having baby goats ....in like .... "you've got to be kidding"!! :rofl:

K7SGJ
10-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Actually...... thats when you're having baby goats ....in like .... "you've got to be kidding"!! :rofl:

Pretty baaaaaaad

n2ize
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Last night we hit 25° here. It will be 72° on Monday. I know there are sometimes some big swings but this is very, very big even for here. Thankfully, we haven't had any problems like drought or flooding. They are still repairing some of the damage from Hurricane Irene which hit a year ago August. Seems that the city got a passing swipe, but the damage was fairly severe here in the Catskills.

Tomorrow we are expecting temps up well into the 80's here. Talk about swings. This is expected to be followed by brutal storms, damaging tornado's and hail as the arctic cold rebounds Monday night.

W7XF
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Pretty baaaaaaad

EWE!!!!!!!!!