PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Your reality is out of date

NY3V
10-07-2012, 11:06 AM

"...Mesofacts are the facts that change neither too quickly nor too slowly, that lie in this difficult-to-comprehend middle, or meso-, scale. Often, we learn these in school when young and hold onto them, even after they change. For example, if, as a baby boomer, you learned high school chemistry in 1970, and then, as we all are apt to do, did not take care to brush up on your chemistry periodically, you would not realize that there are 12 new elements in the Periodic Table. Over a tenth of the elements have been discovered since you graduated high school! While this might not affect your daily life, it is astonishing and a bit humbling..."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/02/28/warning_your_reality_is_out_of_date/

n2ize
10-07-2012, 11:25 AM
A reality since most people simply don't have the time to keep up with the latest buzz in every topic. How many people stay at the leading edge of the latest research and developments of every subject they ever learned ? Unless of course it is a profession, and even then it happens that facts learned in school or studies decades ago have changed without realization.

NQ6U
10-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Like, my reality has been out of date since 'Frisco 1967, man...

K7SGJ
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Like, my reality has been out of date since 'Frisco 1967, man..."

Mine went up in smoke about then, too.

N2NH
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Gravity sucks and Reality is highly over-rated.

http://9bytz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Optical-Illusions-In-Art-Galleries-1.jpg

kb2vxa
10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
What IS reality? Translate this page.

Hello hello again, sh-boom and hopin' we'll meet again boom sh-boom
Hey nonny ding dong, alang alang alang sh-boom
Ba-doh, ba-doo ba-doodle-ay
Life could be a dream
Life could be a dream, sweetheart

Then there was Dickey Doo & The Don'ts...
Nee nee naa naa noo noo...

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tish...
Zabadak,
Karakakora kakarakak
Zabadak
Shai shai skagalak

Reality, look what it's done to me!
I'm just half the brain I used to be.
Lobotomy,
I don't believe
In reality.