PDA

View Full Version : Hear anyone familiar?

KC9ECI
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.distortedview.com/show/blog/2012/10/01/dv-daily-100112/

Listen to the opening and see if you know who and what is featured right after the short Chris Hanson clip.

W2NAP
10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
i dont see anything to listen to.

N2CHX
10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
i dont see anything to listen to.

Ditto. Horrid blog, filled with way more ads than reading text.

N8YX
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
K1MAN been designing websites again?

W2NAP
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Ditto. Horrid blog, filled with way more ads than reading text.

didnt see any ads.. ad block ftw

N2CHX
10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
didnt see any ads.. ad block ftw

I could enable ad blocker if I wanted to but normally they don't bother me, and I run Linux so I don't worry about virii.

KC9ECI
10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Direct link to the MP3 http://www.distortednews.com/podshows/dv_100112_64.mp3

KJ3N
10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Who is this asshole?

KG4CGC
10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
How can I get it to come up as something OTHER than a quicktime file?

KC9ECI
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I guess you could right click and download it as an MP3 and open it with whatever program you prefer. As an alternative, you could open iTunes, go to the iTunes store, search for Distorted View Daily and listen to the October 1st show.

I'll end the suspense. In the opening montage of audio nonsense right after the Chris Hanson To Catch a Predator segment, a certain Kanadian by the name of Karol shows up in the mix.

W4GPL
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I could enable ad blocker if I wanted to but normally they don't bother me, and I run Linux so I don't worry about virii.Do you at least use Ghostery?

KJ3N
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll end the suspense. In the opening montage of audio nonsense right after the Chris Hanson To Catch a Predator segment, a certain Kanadian by the name of Karol shows up in the mix.

Since I don't participate in that certain circle jerk (both on the air and here on the Island), I had no idea, nor do I care. :roll:

W2NAP
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I could enable ad blocker if I wanted to but normally they don't bother me, and I run Linux so I don't worry about virii.

i run nix as well. but i cant stand ads period. back when it was a simple little ad i didnt mind but now like radio and tv its gone way overboard

N2CHX
10-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Do you at least use Ghostery?

I do now ;)

N2CHX
10-02-2012, 04:44 PM

KC9ECI
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Since I don't participate in that certain circle jerk (both on the air and here on the Island), I had no idea, nor do I care. :roll:

I don't either, I just thought it amusing that it showed up in a non-ham setting that deals with stupidity.

W4GPL
10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
7464:lol:

I believed you. Ghostery is excellent -- even if you can tolerate the ads, Ghostery prevents a lot of privacy concerns.

I happen to use AdBlock Plus with privacy lists & Ghostery both at the same time, but I find myself disabling AdBlock a lot per specific domains. Ads are sometimes useful.. especially contextual ads.

N2CHX
10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
:lol:

I believed you. Ghostery is excellent -- even if you can tolerate the ads, Ghostery prevents a lot of privacy concerns.

I happen to use AdBlock Plus with privacy lists & Ghostery both at the same time, but I find myself disabling AdBlock a lot per specific domains. Ads are sometimes useful.. especially contextual ads.

Thanks for the tip. I love how it shows you everything embedded on a page that doesn't belong to the domain. Eye-opening. I use an ad blocker for Windows but just never bothered on this Linux install (Mint on my laptop) because they typically don't bother me and I realize that ads do help keep some sites free. I do occasionally click on ads that interest me. However, I really don't want my habits being tracked by third party sites. I have noticed that if you type something in FB, Amazon and a few other sites, ads come up on a lot of different sites that relate to what you wrote. Not sure how I feel about that. I don't do anything I'm worried that someone will find out about, so that's not an issue, but I don't want credit information, phone numbers, addresses, etc. being swiped.

W2NAP
10-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the tip. I love how it shows you everything embedded on a page that doesn't belong to the domain. Eye-opening. I use an ad blocker for Windows but just never bothered on this Linux install (Mint on my laptop) because they typically don't bother me and I realize that ads do help keep some sites free. I do occasionally click on ads that interest me. However, I really don't want my habits being tracked by third party sites. I have noticed that if you type something in FB, Amazon and a few other sites, ads come up on a lot of different sites that relate to what you wrote. Not sure how I feel about that. I don't do anything I'm worried that someone will find out about, so that's not an issue, but I don't want credit information, phone numbers, addresses, etc. being swiped.

me i just generally find all ads annoying. radio,tv,internet if i see an ad about something then i will never be buying it. back in the day when the ads were simple text or a simple image i didnt mind but its gotten way overboard with flash ads ads that scream at you ect ect.