PDA

View Full Version : And here you thought you only had to worry about dog

W5GA
10-01-2012, 07:50 AM
What's in your Won Ton?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/01/kentucky-restaurant-shut-down-after-road-kill-found-in-kitchen/?test=latestnews

KB3LAZ
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Shit, this surprises you? Possum innards, anyone?

N8YX
10-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Poodles 'n Noodles, anyone?

I suspect many of their recipes call for 1lb ground beef or one well-pounded road varmint. Let's hope the ground beef doesn't actually contain ground.

n2ize
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
What's in your Won Ton?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/01/kentucky-restaurant-shut-down-after-road-kill-found-in-kitchen/?test=latestnews

Imagine how many other restaurants may also be doing this but nobody is clued in.

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Alpo was popular at a Mexican restaurant near here a few years back.
Why all the cases of Alpo out back? The cans started to swell and people got extremely ill and that's how they got caught.

WA4TM
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Shit, this surprises you? Possum innards, anyone?

n2ize
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Alpo was popular at a Mexican restaurant near here a few years back.
Why all the cases of Alpo out back? The cans started to swell and people got extremely ill and that's how they got caught.

Wow... Can you say... "clostridium botulinum" ?

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow... Can you say... "clostridium botulinum" ?

No but:
Bovine Colostrum provides instant antibody protection and destruction of infective bacteria, viruses, fungi and cancer cells. It is an old remedy that was relied upon before the advent of chemical companies churning out chemicals and antibiotics. Today the orthodoxy is in a losing battle with the infective organisms that have the capability of mutating, producing antibiotic resistant strains, and growing at faster numbers than the drugs can kill. It will always be so- this is the genetic code imprinted in the organisms that assure their survival. This is the beauty of Colostrum- the organisms have no time to reproduce. Colostrum’s healing affects are multifaceted. I have become a believer and recommend it in all ill animals and people no matter what the cause, in arthritic, allergic and autoimmune conditions. I have found it has reduced my allergy expressions of migraines and psoriasis since I have been taking 2 capsules 3 xs daily. Colostrum comes in capsules or in loose powdered form. I find mixing the powder with a small amount of milk is quite palatable to cats and dogs. Horses can be fed colostrum sprinkled loosely over a small amount of grain.

VK3ZL
10-01-2012, 09:04 PM
No but:

My mum used to make custard from "Beastings" which is the first milk from a cow after calving....I shudder at the thought of eating it these days but it was a real treat on the farm for us kids...Maybe that's what kept us lively and healthy back then...:yum:

Bob..VK3ZL..

W2NAP
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
you never see stray cats and dogs around chinese restaurants

n2ize
10-02-2012, 07:54 AM
No but:

Interesting. I never knew that. Lot of interesting remedies that have survived over the years.

n2ize
10-02-2012, 07:55 AM
you never see stray cats and dogs around chinese restaurants

That's because they are on the dinner plate. :twisted::lol:

WØTKX
10-02-2012, 08:32 AM
There was a recent interview on NPR's Radiolab that discussed getting hookworm on purpose to boost the immune system. Worked for quite a few with outrageous allergies to everything. Humans are a biomass. We need to heed this. Acidophilus is a start, but it's far more complex than that.