PDA

View Full Version : Students, Experts Recoil at Alcohol Enema Case

NY3V
09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
"Before an unruly Tennessee party ended with a student hospitalized for a dangerously high blood alcohol level, most people had probably never heard of alcohol enemas.
Thanks to the drunken exploits of a fraternity at the University of Tennessee, the bizarre way of getting drunk is giving parents, administrators and health care workers a new fear.
When Alexander "Xander" Broughton, 20, was delivered to the hospital after midnight on Sept. 22, his blood alcohol level was measured at 0.448 percent — nearly six times the intoxication that defines drunken driving in the state. Injuries to his rectum led hospital officials to fear he had been sodomized." :ugh:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/students-experts-recoil-alcohol-enema-case-17355245

KG4CGC
09-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Franzia Sunset Blush

NQ6U
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Franzia Sunset Blush

An enema would be the only acceptable method of introducing that stuff to one's body.

KG4CGC
09-29-2012, 11:51 AM
An enema would be the only acceptable method of introducing that stuff to one's body.

It will be the brand to attach to the act. I'm no doctor but how much did he take to reach that level of .443? I think there may have been some Everclear or 151 involved that they're not talking about.

Who's our resident expert on enemas?

HUGH
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
This must have some relationship to suppositories. I was told the French use suppositories because they are much more effective than taking medication by mouth.

KG4CGC
09-29-2012, 02:28 PM
This must have some relationship to suppositories. I was told the French use suppositories because they are much more effective than taking medication by mouth.

True. I have heard, some would say, yada yada hearsay, that Europeans once used opium via suppositories.

NY3V
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
True. I have heard, some would say, yada yada hearsay, that Europeans once used opium via suppositories.

Put some cocaine on that stink finger. ;)

KG4CGC
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Put some cocaine on that stink finger. ;)

Is that the voice of experience speaking? You sick, kinky bastid!

kb2vxa
09-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Franzia Sunset Blush

Flooty: I just got very drunk and ended up with a slight memory loss and a sore bottom.
09/29/12, 7:13 PM

W4RLR
09-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I can say although my newly adopted state of Tennessee is a place I will never leave, some of the stuff that goes on around here, like meth heads making their product in motel rooms and college students consuming alcohol via the Hershey Highway are just plain weird.

VK3ZL
09-30-2012, 01:58 AM
It will be the brand to attach to the act. I'm no doctor but how much did he take to reach that level of .443? I think there may have been some Everclear or 151 involved that they're not talking about.

Who's our resident expert on enemas?

Perhaps you should consult Dr Bob over on that other site him being a Proctologist and all...

Let me know if you start a thread there...It would be academically stimulating...:anyone:

Bob..VK3ZL..

koØm
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
I cannot see anyone in his (or her) right mind dropping trowser and saying, "Plug that tube into my ass and pump me full of alcohol", it took more than one person to accomplish the feat; probably some kind of hazing ritual.

Has any one come across the newer "things" that they have now called "Jello Shots"?

Alcohol has a self-limiting (on me) effect; it burns going down and, it taste nasty unless you dress it up; it's like taking medicine but when it is hidden in Jello, it is possible to drop down quite a few before your Bloood Alcolohol Index flies through the roof.

What does our local Barkeep think?

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
BAC doesn't have to be very high to ruin your world. 0.08 is enough to make you poor and homeless. In many states, they're leaving it to the discretion of the cop if you blow less than 0.08 and you can still be charged. A good lawyer can beat it but then that whole poor thing comes into play. The problem with these laws is how they disproportionately affect people who work for a living vs people of means.
(enter John, IZE, saying they should all be publicly hung)

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I cannot see anyone in his (or her) right mind dropping trowser and saying, "Plug that tube into my ass and pump me full of alcohol", it took more than one person to accomplish the feat; probably some kind of hazing ritual.

Has any one come across the newer "things" that they have now called "Jello Shots"?

Alcohol has a self-limiting (on me) effect; it burns going down and, it taste nasty unless you dress it up; it's like taking medicine but when it is hidden in Jello, it is possible to drop down quite a few before your Bloood Alcolohol Index flies through the roof.

What does our local Barkeep think?

Yeah. I'm not helping anyone go bottoms up at the bar unless we're talking about the bottom of a glass. Drink Responsibly.

NA4BH
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Actually, this type method has been used by students in Med school for a long time. The difference is that they use the the squishy capsules and fill them up with alky-haul. Pop them in and go about your rounds. You get the buzz but don't have the smell on your breath. Genius.

ab1ga
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Actually, this type method has been used by students in Med school for a long time. The difference is that they use the the squishy capsules and fill them up with alky-haul. Pop them in and go about your rounds. You get the buzz but don't have the smell on your breath. Genius.

Just don't try to light your farts afterward. See: Afterburner

ab1ga
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Maybe I'm just gettin' too old to understand, but what happened to getting drunk by accident? You know, hanging out with friends and a drink, good food, good talk, and demon drink sorta sneaking up on you without you noticing. What's with getting drunk real hard, right now?

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Maybe I'm just gettin' too old to understand, but what happened to getting drunk by accident? You know, hanging out with friends and a drink, good food, good talk, and demon drink sorta sneaking up on you without you noticing. What's with getting drunk real hard, right now?

Cameras and the internet. People have always practiced bad drinking. Now it's celebrated.

NY3V
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
...if you blow less than 0.08 and you can still be charged...

Looks like anal infusion of alcohol would let you be buzzed well and you could still pass the breathalizer.

Unless they move the breathalizer lower. ;)

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks like anal infusion of alcohol would let you be buzzed well and you could still pass the breathalizer.

Unless they move the breathalizer lower. ;)

I don't know. Let's ask Mr. Owl.

NM5TF
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't know. Let's ask Mr. Owl.

"the Owls are not what they seem" :scared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCf-oiIbVnw&feature=related

NQ6U
10-01-2012, 10:23 PM

You don't understand how a breathalyzer works, then. The alcohol it measures on your breath comes from alcohol in the blood that has passed through the your lungs. It doesn't matter how (or where) the alcohol was introduced into your blood, just that it's there.

KB3LAZ
10-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Vodka tampons, anyone?

NY3V
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
You don't understand how a breathalyzer works, then.

Well, Excuse Me!

(Your Pompousness) :lol:

kb2vxa
10-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Breathalyzer is the brand name of a series of models made by one manufacturer of breath alcohol testing instruments, originally Smith and Wesson, later sold to National Draeger. Of course the design was changed to make it look just a little less threatening.

NA4BH
10-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Of course the design was changed to make it look just a little less threatening.

Usually the same results. LOL

NA4BH
10-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Draeger used to make the top of the line anesthesia machines. Ah, the sweet smell of Metofane and Halothane, those were the days.

NQ6U
10-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Draeger used to make the top of the line anesthesia machines. Ah, the sweet smell of Metofane and Halothane, those were the days.

I'm partial to nitrous oxide m'self. Had a whole tank of the stuff once, we don't need to go into it any further than that save to say "sweet dreams," literally.

NY3V
10-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm partial to nitrous oxide m'self. Had a whole tank of the stuff once, we don't need to go into it any further than that save to say "sweet dreams," literally.

Der Pope's avatar has been replaced by a wingnut? ;)

KG4CGC
10-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Did the tank become a white elephant?
Had a guy at the local Shriner's hospital die from that stuff after hours. College student interning, 1am. Between chewing his own tongue off and popping his lungs, he bled to death.
Not saying that's you. Just saying.