N2NH
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
and which brand.

Coffee: Always homemade. Chock Full of Nuts with Baileys French Vanilla

Tea: PG Tips or Lyons.

Which is your preferrence?

KC9ECI
09-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Coffee...the darker the roast the better. Tea, PG Tips as well.

n2ize
09-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Vietnamese coffee or French coffee.

KB3LAZ
09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I like both tea and coffee, I enjoy a range of both. Favorites are Twinings, tea and Nespresso, coffee.

KK4AMI
09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Diet Pepsi morning, noon and night. I'm too hot blooded for hot drinks.

VE7DCW
09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I only drink tea ..... Red Rose is preferable

..... and I do love any Irish breakfast or English breakfast blend made by anyone .....

My opinion...... Earl Grey is for heathens!

ETA : ..... my later in the day drink is Diet Pepsi as well! :yes:

KG4CGC
09-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Coffee? Maxwell House. It's. Good. *said in Christopher Walken voice*

WØTKX
09-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Bigelow tea occasionally, I like the pomegranite and blueberry flavors.

Coffee is the favorite tho... Medium or light roast, with cream and sugar. Kona blends for every day, Yirgecheffe is a favorite exotic. Always ground from beans, French press preferred.

NM5TF
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Twinnings Irish Breakfast Tes is preffered....with a little sugar & milk....

Afternoons is for Twinnings English Breakfast....a little milk & lemon, no sugar.....

W4RLR
09-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Tea...Celestial Seasonings' English Breakfast blend in my Keurig. I rarely drink coffee, but I like a good expresso now and then.

kb2crk
09-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Coffee IV........ Any brands but starpukes..... Morning noon or night

PA5COR
09-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Coffee, local brand good and strong all day.

n2ize
09-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, iced coffee. Great in the hot weather.

KJ3N
09-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Bigelow's

Earl Grey, hot.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/1/6/5/9/4/7/jean-luc-picard-earl-grey-hot-41785254218.jpeg

Make it so.

n6hcm
09-28-2012, 03:59 AM
strong coffee, espresso style or french press from beans ground at the time of consumption. a bit of half-and-half.

strongish black tea (none of that scented earl grey crap though), hot or cold, milky (hot) or not (iced).

hot beverages are sweetened; cold beverages are not.

n6hcm
09-28-2012, 04:02 AM
No coffee for you! (http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/berlin-cafe-criticized-for-no-stroller-policy-a-858377.html)

KB3LAZ
09-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Coffee? Maxwell House. It's. Good. *said in Christopher Walken voice*
Maxwell house is not bad if you drink a lot of coffee. It is what I often use for filtered coffee.

Bigelow tea occasionally, I like the pomegranite and blueberry flavors.

Coffee is the favorite tho... Medium or light roast, with cream and sugar. Kona blends for every day, Yirgecheffe is a favorite exotic. Always ground from beans, French press preferred.

I like pomegranite too but not in tea.

Twinnings Irish Breakfast Tes is preffered....with a little sugar & milk....

Afternoons is for Twinnings English Breakfast....a little milk & lemon, no sugar.....

Cream and sugar or lemon and sugar but cream and lemon, yuck.

Tea...English Breakfast blend in my Keurig. I rarely drink coffee, but I like a good expresso now and then.

If you like your coffee from a k cup and you like espresso may I suggested that you at some point upgrade from Keurig to Nespresso. They coffee machine is about 2x as much but worth it. The coffee is thicker and has a more natural taste. The capsules are about 60 cents each. However, chances are that you will have to order them online from Nespresso. However, they have free shipping. A Ristretto capsule will make an espresso that will roll your eyes back in your head. Mind you, a Ristretto is not only a flavor of coffee but a size. Technically a Ristretto is about 1 oz of coffee whereas an espresso is between 2-2.5 oz.

I have a Keurig as well and the nespresso coffee is not only better but the machines are much better quality. Ofc, with either machine, if you wish you can use the filter cup and use coffee grounds. But if you want that real espresso froth you need to use the crups.

http://www.nespresso-us.com/

N2CHX
09-28-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm partial to tea, in part because the caffeine in coffee really messes with my heart, way worse than any other caffeinated drink. I usually drink Salada green or black. I lived in the small community where Salada is based so I'm kinda biased on that. It is good tea too.

KC2UGV
09-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Coffee. And, I have a preference for the Wegman's store brand, but will tolerate Folgers for common usage.

NQ6U
09-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Coffee: Volcanic Red, medium-dark roast brewed through a Melita drip filter, one 14 ounce (414 ml) cup per day, consumed black.

Tea: When I drink it, I prefer a green tea, not too picky about the brand. No additives here either.

W3WN
09-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm a coffee drinker.

Brewed though, but not instant. (Although Folgers crystals are tolerable).

My ex tried to get me to switch exclusively to tea. Didn't work, though I can drink it... and given the choice, prefer a green (Chinese restaurant) tea to many of the others.

And can someone please tell me what it is that Starbucks is brewing? I know what they call it, but it doesn't taste like coffee!

KC2UGV
09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
And can someone please tell me what it is that Starbucks is brewing? I know what they call it, but it doesn't taste like coffee!

It's coffee, but the beans have been purposefully over-roasted (AKA "Burnt") to give a uniform flavor in all locations.

wa6mhz
09-28-2012, 09:25 AM
I drink both. TEA all week and Coffee when I am on the road to a Swapmeet.

I go to 7-11 for a biggie coffee. Place all kindza stuff in it. All the little FUFU fillers, and then lotsa Sugar. Lotsa Chocolate too. I usually look for the Blueberry flavored coffee, but any will do. I drink coffee through a straw, as I don't want to spill it down the front of my shirt. I am not coordinated enough to drink without spilling. Its Kinda pricey ($2), but allows me to cash a $20 so I have change for the Swapmeet, as usually the sellers don't have change. I don't like it hot, just lukewarm or room temp. It is most important that it is DELICIOUS! Don't know if the caffeine keeps me awake or not.

For WORK hours, coffee is too much trouble to make, so I drink Tea. Cuz I am one of the LOW PAID masses, I don't get to drink the TEA of Choice: Earl Grey. I drink LIPTON cuz they buy 100 bags in a box and that will last me about 3 or 4 months. I use ONE tea bag a day, as I am not allotted more than one. So, after the 3rd cup of tea, it is pretty weak. Actually, just water with a VERY FAINT Tea flavoring.

My first cup of tea is on the desk right now, along with the TOP RAMEN noodles for Breakfast. I have an Electric Kettle I use. It works very well, but they complain because I use BATHROOM water insteada Water Cooler water in it. I can't taste any difference, but other workers can. Water is WATER!!! As long as it is CLEAN, who cares? And it is BOILED anyway. I always empty the pot to make sure no FLIES have landed in it in the morning. Then use fresh faucet water. I can't drink the tea for probably 1/2 hour once poured. WAY too hot! Once again, I want it at ROOM TEMPERATURE! Many times I have SCALDED the inside of my mouth trying to drink it too soon. SUCKS having a scaled mouth! Sure am thirsty, but I hava nudder 10 or 15 minutes to go before it is down to DRINKABLE temp. Meanwhile, the Noodles are forming under the plate in the bowl. I put a clean plate over the noodles so it forms a perfect enviroment to finish cooking the noodles.

SURE wish I could score some Earl Grey, but it is VERY PRICEY!!! I like the BIGELOW EARL GREY! But those packages are reserved for TOURISTS who come to the plant as they need the VERY BEST Tea if they don't want coffee. Sucks not being a TOURIST! They get taken out to BLACK ANUS for lunch too, lucky bastards!

suddenseer
09-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Ima Red Blooded Merican. I drink black coffee ( no panty waist sugars, or boogers) don't matter the brand as long as its percolated, or drip brewed, Hell, I'll drink it out of the machine at work. Don't have no time for that sissy Limey swill neither. Hell, we revolted over that stuff! Unless it is sun brewed, and served over ice.....with a twist, and spoon of Stivia.

KB3LAZ
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
It's coffee, but the beans have been purposefully over-roasted (AKA "Burnt") to give a uniform flavor in all locations.

The flavor of burnt dead people!

KG4CGC
09-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Didn't we start a war so we would HAVE TO drink tea? Oh wait. Never mind.

kb2vxa
09-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Spoken in exaggerated Satchmo voice with a Brooklyn accent:
For breakfast it's Crusher Os with that miracle ingredient... garlic. Then I finish it off with a nice steaming cup of sulfuric acid with razor blades, iron is good for the blood. Hey punkie, what can you expect from a guy who eats railroad ties like bread sticks and picks his teeth with a spike? ... UUUGGGHHH!

KG4NEL
09-28-2012, 04:58 PM
The flavor of burnt dead people!

Soylent Green provides that extra little flavor it needs.

W5GA
09-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Coffee, black and bitter. We get ours online from an outfit called Coffee Bean Direct. Partial to Sumatran.

N7YA
09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
I drink hot tea at work for my singing voice, but its coffee the rest of the way.

The coffee i have is the whole bean ground from various places. I like Dunkin Donuts brand too. Some of my favorite is Douwe-Egberts (http://www.douwe-egberts.com/decs/pages/des.asp?siteid=de-portal&locale=uken1).

Never soda.

NEVER Starbucks....ever! Thats simply not coffee, its socialite placebo.

NQ6U
09-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Mickey D's sells a decent cup of joe for cheap these days.

N7YA
09-28-2012, 07:07 PM
McD's is not bad either. Same for 7-11...both are light years better than that garbage SB puts out.

KG4CGC
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I drink hot tea at work for my singing voice, but its coffee the rest of the way.

The coffee i have is the whole bean ground from various places. I like Dunkin Donuts brand too. Some of my favorite is Douwe-Egberts (http://www.douwe-egberts.com/decs/pages/des.asp?siteid=de-portal&locale=uken1).

Never soda.

NEVER Starbucks....ever! Thats simply not coffee, its socialite placebo.

The secret of Douwe-Egberts coffee? It's made with tobacco.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_%28tobacco%29

KG4NEL
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
It's been a good 3 years since I've stepped into a Starbucks.

I can't remember their (plain, regular, not frappemochacaramalized-whatever-it-is) coffee tasting that out of the ordinary, but I've always found local places that get my business first.

W3WN
09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
McD's is not bad either. Same for 7-11...both are light years better than that garbage SB puts out.As long as you get it fresh.

There've been a few times I've gotten a cup of coffee from a 7-11 late morning or even late afternoon, and it tastes like it's been cooking for 4 hours. And sometimes it has been... the counter people have no incentive to dump a half pot, they'll just ignore it until it's empty -- and someone brings that to their attention...

HUGH
09-29-2012, 04:49 AM
The little teabags on strings are less than generous with the quantity contained, they seem to need at least two in a cup or mug. I met some adopted Californians of European descent who insisted you only drank tea if you were sick. Our brew is normally loose tea in a teapot making 2 pints at a sitting or full-size teabags for a single cup.

Mid-morning it's percolated coffee and, if out, we avoid Starbucks like the plague, I can't see the point of making coffee into an art form unless it's to increase profit and it's much better to assist local businesses who are struggling at the moment.

I concur with the Earl Gray tea loathers, you might as well chew flower petals, an excuse to use "tired" tea dust I believe.

KC2UGV
09-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Mickey D's sells a decent cup of joe for cheap these days.

I wholeheartedly agree. McD's coffee isn't half bad. And, you can't beat $0.86/cup...

wa6mhz
09-29-2012, 06:34 PM
I just can't FATHOM paying over $4 for a small little 8 oz cup of Coffee!!!! only RICH YUPPIES with more money than sense go to Starbucks!!!

N2NH
09-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I concur with the Earl Gray tea loathers, you might as well chew flower petals, an excuse to use "tired" tea dust I believe.

I Thought it was just me when it came to that. My sister loves Earl Grey, but I've never been able to stomach it.

PG-Tips or Lyons are the best I've ever tasted. Bigelow or Tetley are great too.

A&P had great tea, but I can't find an A&P anymore...

KB3LAZ
09-30-2012, 05:04 AM
I just can't FATHOM paying over $4 for a small little 8 oz cup of Coffee!!!! only RICH YUPPIES with more money than sense go to Starbucks!!!

Whereas I do not like Starbucks, I have been there. $4 sounds a bit out of the norm to me. A normal coffee is more like $2 which is still $1 too much. Last time I was there was with my wife about 2 years ago and an espresso cost here $1.87 or something like that. The $4+ coffees are their lattes and what have you.

Here in Spain most coffee cost the same price or at least close. Espresso is normally 1€. Cortado is 1.25€. Cafe con lechec (Short latte) is 1.5€. Cappuccino, macchiato, moca, etc normally run about 2€.

Id tell you the cost of normal filtered coffee but it is very hard to find. If you do, it is either called an English or an Americano. They will not put cream or sugar in it as they claim that is not how Americans or the English drink it....So I dont buy it. Funny story about that. My boss and I tried to tell the lady at the cafe across from work that both Americans and the British do at times use Sugar and or cream in their coffee but she was not buying it. Hum..lol. W/E.

You dont get that argument in Madrid. They give you a packet of sugar and a little capsule of half and half. The thing is just trying to get the cafe worker to understand that all we want is an "Americano" with a little shot of cold milk. They seem to think of it more as a latte and try to explain that Americans drink filtered coffee, lol. One day I finally said, you dont have to explain it "Yo soy Americano". No matter, I started going to the bakery for my coffee. They lady is very nice and said she will make my coffee with goat cheese in it if I so desire, lol. IE, however I want it.

KB3LAZ
09-30-2012, 05:06 AM
I Thought it was just me when it came to that. My sister loves Earl Grey, but I've never been able to stomach it.

PG-Tips or Lyons are the best I've ever tasted. Bigelow or Tetley are great too.

A&P had great tea, but I can't find an A&P anymore...

EG taste like fruitloops. Its Okay but not something I would drink daily. English breakfast tea in the morning and red tea the rest of the day. I have a coffee twice a day. With breakfast and at 5PM with my coworkers.

HUGH
09-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Whereas I do not like Starbucks, I have been there. $4 sounds a bit out of the norm to me. A normal coffee is more like $2 which is still $1 too much. Last time I was there was with my wife about 2 years ago and an espresso cost here $1.87 or something like that. The $4+ coffees are their lattes and what have you.

Here in Spain most coffee cost the same price or at least close. Espresso is normally 1€. Cortado is 1.25€. Cafe con lechec (Short latte) is 1.5€. Cappuccino, macchiato, moca, etc normally run about 2€.

Id tell you the cost of normal filtered coffee but it is very hard to find. If you do, it is either called an English or an Americano. They will not put cream or sugar in it as they claim that is not how Americans or the English drink it....So I dont buy it. Funny story about that. My boss and I tried to tell the lady at the cafe across from work that both Americans and the British do at times use Sugar and or cream in their coffee but she was not buying it. Hum..lol. W/E.

You dont get that argument in Madrid. They give you a packet of sugar and a little capsule of half and half. The thing is just trying to get the cafe worker to understand that all we want is an "Americano" with a little shot of cold milk. They seem to think of it more as a latte and try to explain that Americans drink filtered coffee, lol. One day I finally said, you dont have to explain it "Yo soy Americano". No matter, I started going to the bakery for my coffee. They lady is very nice and said she will make my coffee with goat cheese in it if I so desire, lol. IE, however I want it.

It seemed to be OK in Milan where you could even get decent coffee from a machine. It was understood that you could always have black coffee with a dash of whatever you liked in it but Milan is a very cosmopolitan city.

N2NH
09-30-2012, 11:04 AM
EG taste like fruitloops. Its Okay but not something I would drink daily. English breakfast tea in the morning and red tea the rest of the day. I have a coffee twice a day. With breakfast and at 5PM with my coworkers.

I have to agree. There is an awful aftertaste to the stuff. The brits probably laugh at us when we drink it.

I'm having Chock full o'Nuts New York Roast with Bailey's French Vanilla creamer and it's the best I've had. I recommend it. A large cannister here is $10 and lasts both of us two months.

As for Starbucks, the last time I went there was when I got a gift card. We got two small coffees for under $5, but it wasn't that great. I used to have a Chock full of Nuts coffee shop where I lived and for a little over a buck you could get any kind of coffee. For $1.60, you could get the extra large. They also had Bickford's breakfast sandwiches. That's Raisin Nut Loaf bread with a nice dollop of cream cheese in the middle. That would be good enough to feed me until lunch.