PDA

View Full Version : Stinkbugs

n2ize
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I've been noticing a lot of stinkbugs around lately. Be wary, this is the time of year they start seeking refuge in your home to weather out the winter season. I was reading an article stating that stinkbug infestations have multiplied considerably this year and may be at the highest levels thus far. Several have attributed this to last years rather mild winter coupled with an early spring and now a relatively mild late summer/early fall. In any event the little buggers are everywhere

KG4CGC
09-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I've been noticing a lot of stinkbugs around lately. Be wary, this is the time of year they start seeking refuge in your home to weather out the winter season. I was reading an article stating that stinkbug infestations have multiplied considerably this year and may be at the highest levels thus far. Several have attributed this to last years rather mild winter coupled with an early spring and now a relatively mild late summer/early fall. In any event the little buggers are everywhere

Careful one doesn't crawl up your ass lest ye become, one of them.

w2amr
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't squish them, it smells bad. :ugh:

KB3LAZ
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
My dog eats them. Must not taste as bad as they smell.

KG4CGC
09-27-2012, 02:04 PM
My dog eats them. Must not taste as bad as they smell.

Dogs eat their own turds. Discuss.

NY4Q
09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I hate those little stinky motoskeeters.

KB3LAZ
09-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Normally they do so when they are not getting enough protein. Or are often times nutrient deprived. I have not seen my dogs do such but I have seen other dogs do so.

However, speaking of odd things. Some people wrap themselves in plastic and pay to get pooped on. I figure it this way. There are weird people and weird animals alike.

Now, my cat also eats bugs. All kinds of bugs. However, only after playing with them for 10 mins or more. She kills mice and chipmunks but never eats them.

wa6mhz
09-27-2012, 02:50 PM

That's why I like CATS!

KB3LAZ
09-27-2012, 02:52 PM
That's why I like CATS!

I like lots of animals. Cats, dogs, snakes, etc. Lots of different kinds. The only animals that I dont really care for are birds.

KG4CGC
09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
<snip>. The only animals that I dont really care for are birds.

Except for that one time and you found a pigeon.

N2CHX
09-27-2012, 03:44 PM
One of the dogs we had when I was a kid used to raid the kitty litter box all the time. Made my life easier, since one of my chores was cleaning it.

NA4BH
09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Tootsie Rolls

NY3V
09-27-2012, 04:15 PM

That must be why Cheap Ass Multi-Millionaires, like Romney, have them. ;)

WØTKX
09-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Don't talk about dogs like that, dammit!

W5GA
09-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Normally they do so when they are not getting enough protein. Or are often times nutrient deprived. I have not seen my dogs do such but I have seen other dogs do so.
I asked my vet about this, and according to him there is no rhyme or reason to it, they just do.

KB3LAZ
09-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I asked my vet about this, and according to him there is no rhyme or reason to it, they just do.

Lol, guess they are contradictory because mine told me that they are not getting enough bleh bleh bleh, etc if they are doing that. Then again, the vet we use is about 800 years old so he may have forgot. :P Seriously though, I think he is 90.

kb2vxa
09-28-2012, 07:52 PM
How did we get from stink bugs to turd eating dogs??? Save money and protect the environment, recycle.

KB3LAZ
09-29-2012, 07:09 AM
How did we get from stink bugs to turd eating dogs??? Save money and protect the environment, recycle.
Because I said that my dog eats stinkbugs and it went from there.

N8XE
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Man, this thread stinks!!! :lol:

I too have noticed many stink bugs in the area (and in the house). It is a hoot to see my cat going after them. He "thinks" he is the most feared hunter around. Well, at least within the confines of the house.

Just because I am a knowledge/wikipedia junkie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield_bug

Jason