PDA

View Full Version : Mike Love ruins the Beach Boys....again!

N7YA
09-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Ok, this guy is a dick! If hes not busy suing various members of the band, the least talented Beach Boy is busy firing them because he swooped on the name when Brian Wilson was low in the 70's.

Mike Love is low! I also notice that he had suffered with mental issues over the years....i can see that clearly now. Isnt there a way to wrest control from him under those circumstances? Cant Brian Wilson sue Mike Love for using songs HE wrote? I bet he can.

Either way, Mike Love, go fuck yourself! :angry:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/mike-love-sprinkles-bad-vibrations-beach-boys-reunion-173511608.html

K7SGJ
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
That's really a shame. They had such a great sound during the time I was growing up. It seemed like it all started to go to hell around the late-mid 60s, and it seems they totally lost their sound somewhere in the 70s. They sure had some songs that will live forever. Whenever I hear California Girls, 409, or Surfing USA, it transports me right back to those years of my irresponsibility, and truancy.

N2NH
09-27-2012, 01:40 PM
It was great growing up with the Beach Boys. It's too bad it's ending up this way, but just how much longer do they have to cash in on this anyway?

n2ize
09-27-2012, 06:35 PM
The Beach Boys were probably one of the greatesdt influences on music since Mozart. They shaped American music. I would say though, without a doubt, that Frank zappa was by far the greatest musical genius of the 20th and possibly the 21st century.

N7YA
09-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Throw in the Beatles and i cant argue with any of that. Brian Wilson is a genius, Mike Love has always been jealous...typical singer. Brian Wilson wrote those Beach Boys songs that really gave you that feeling you cant describe, Mike Love just sang on them as far as im concerned....

kb2vxa
09-28-2012, 07:14 PM
"Mike Love has always been jealous...typical singer."
10-4
"Brian Wilson wrote those Beach Boys songs that really gave you that feeling you cant describe, Mike Love just sang on them as far as I'm concerned."
Brian didn't write, he composed music and in 1965 revolutionized the Beach Bums leaving surfing behind and the Beach Boys entered a whole new era with Pet Sounds. Using unconventional instruments and multi-layered tonalities made possible with the most talented L. A. studio musicians, The Wrecking Crew backing anonymously. That's when trouble started, at their peak Brian went the way of Sid Barrett the soul of Pink Floyd, had an acid induced nervous breakdown and lost control of the band.

"It seemed like it all started to go to hell around the late-mid 60s, and it seems they totally lost their sound somewhere in the 70s."
I see you noticed that, after Pet Sounds they went on a roller coaster ride and crashed in flames.

"I would say though, without a doubt, that Frank Zappa was by far the greatest musical genius of the 20th and possibly the 21st century."
I tend to agree but Wilson and Zappa were worlds apart, there really is no comparison between rock & roll and progressive Jazz. Beach Boys music is a bit dated while Mother music is timeless, then there was Dylan...
Oh, mama, can this be the end? To be stuck inside a mobile with a busted mic again.

HUGH
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
The Beach Boys, well two of the original, were in London recently and performed on Jools Hollands TV show "Later...With Jools Holland".

You might be able to catch them on BBC iplayer but I've had some trouble with this, it's been made more difficult, presumably some security deal with M$.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n3p1p