PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Forum Runner on their Android or iOS?

W4GPL
09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I just enabled us on Forum Runner.. so you can use that app to access the site. I don't see much value in it.. but it's there if you want to use it.

Does anyone use it on other forums?

http://forumrunner.com

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Never heard of it.

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok, just did a search in the App Store. Explain to me why I would pay for this app to read forums I already read without this app?

NQ6U
09-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok, just did a search in the App Store. Explain to me why I would pay for this app to read forums I already read without this app?

Agreed—paying a buck-fiddy to do something I can do for free with the built-in browser doesn't make much sense.

W4GPL
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Agreed—paying a buck-fiddy to do something I can do for free with the built-in browser doesn't make much sense.It has push notifications for a couple of functions..

W4GPL
09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Ok, just did a search in the App Store. Explain to me why I would pay for this app to read forums I already read without this app?I can't. But enabling it didn't cost me anything, I'm not encouraging it -- just offering it is an option. Not an endorsement.

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I can't.

Didn't expect you to. It was a rhetorical question.

...... I'm not encouraging it -- just offering it is an option. Not an endorsement.

Understood. I just don't "get it"; that's all. Reading forums on an iPad isn't much different than on a desktop, for me. I tend not to read forums with the iPhone.

As to push notifications, I tend to turn all those off on both my iPad and my iPhone. They tend to suck battery power with the constant polling of the apps.